CB Duce Chestnut transferring to LSU | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

CB Duce Chestnut transferring to LSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
can the guys coming in play in the bowl game? how does this all work? feel like the rules change hourly

This is a terrible take. Maybe some will buy a house for their family. You just don’t know.
Some may, most won’t. It’s a fact of life 18 year old boys/men getting a big chunk of cash usually don’t spend it wisely. I know I didn’t when I was that age.

Oh and you can go pound salt with your terrible take comment.

Im worried about Wax, Carter, Jatius and Thompson.

No point in hiding the names now. Ive heard nothing about them the past few weeks but they’re who’d garner the most “offers”.
I expect Thompson to come back, though nothing surprised me anymore.

Again, would suck, and my day would go on.

Man, i’ve only heard of whos definitely staying and thats a short list.

Theres four names I’m very worried about and I hope its none of them.

Interested to see who has the knife in our back taking Duce

Yeah. I am not thrilled. We are/have to be really active in the portal right now.

Some of the names I’ve heard really are like a knife in my gut, given the season we’ve had.

I’m not against all this NIL stuff, but there absolutely has to be regulation on the amount of boosters and teams contacting former coaches/parents to offer NIL money of said player leaves. That is what is ruining all of this. In my experience coaching, there are always going to be people who find loopholes, but this is too much.

Some may, most won’t. It’s a fact of life 18 year old boys/men getting a big chunk of cash usually don’t spend it wisely. I know I didn’t when I was that age.

Oh and you can go pound salt with your terrible take comment.
Seems to be a bit of negative stereotyping in the items you mentioned , that’s all. THere is a difference with what you said compared to CusefanATL’s response.

I hope they withhold when they get the money or else many will be in for rude awakening come tax season when there is no money left
I think this is going to be the issue that leads to some sort of middle ground. Government or someone will step in and set up the rules once they realize the IRS is not getting theirs or the kids are getting played and not ready for the IRS.

Im worried about Wax, Carter, Jatius and Thompson.

No point in hiding the names now. Ive heard nothing about them the past few weeks but they’re who’d garner the most “offers”.
I'm poaching Gadsen if I'm running a big time school. Wax and Carter type players are all over - Gadsen has a bit more unique to his game that fits perfect in the modern game.

I think this is going to be the issue that leads to some sort of middle ground. Government or someone will step in and set up the rules once they realize the IRS is not getting theirs or the kids are getting played and not ready for the IRS.
I am sure the staff members who babysit these guys will inform them of what they need to do, just like they get them to fill out their FAFSA forms and occasionally do laundry.

Don't hate the player, hate the game. If im offered a job that pays me a lot more than im making then there's a good chance im gone. That said, it is getting harder and harder to be a fan of college football. If im the staff I would use 2/3rds of my scholarships every year on portal players. At least you can build some semblance of continuity with them. If a kid uses up their free transfer its a lot harder for them to transfer again and play right away at another school.
I know many people who dont take jobs worth a lot more because jobs have a cause and effect longer term than just the money.. leaving a school to take 25K instead of 5k because you hope that 2-3 yrs from now you can see the big pot of money can be short sited too,

It may end up being the best choice for some kids, it may be it isnt.

Let’s not forget that he got burned a ton this past year and last year

Yes he made some amazing plays but he also blew equally as many

Tough to see go, but not irreplaceable

He thinks he can make stud money somewhere, so be it.

This NIL stuff will be fixed once the NCAA starts losing some of its revenue on college football which is its cash cow and prize possession and that day is coming soon

I know many people who dont take jobs worth a lot more because jobs have a cause and effect longer term than just the money.. leaving a school to take 25K instead of 5k because you hope that 2-3 yrs from now you can see the big pot of money can be short sited too,

It may end up being the best choice for some kids, it may be it isnt.
Well what are we considering “a lot” a guy making 60K today gets offered a job paying 80K, that’s a pretty good deal. Add in that he has no family ties to the area, likely didn’t plan on staying in the area beyond a year or two anyway, and was a top performer? One could argue in that situation is a perfect opportunity.

Let’s not forget that he got burned a ton this past year and last year

Yes he made some amazing plays but he also blew equally as many

Tough to see go, but not irreplaceable

He thinks he can make stud money somewhere, so be it.

This NIL stuff will be fixed once the NCAA starts losing some of its revenue on college football which is its cash cow and prize possession and that day is coming soon
and he is tiny and and I mean small. Not only height wise but build wise. Fast athletic no doubt, but to your point he's really gonna struggle is my prediction, certainly against bigger players. This is a bad move, much like I said about Taj, this kid should have stayed here. Hopefully no one will call me a bad human this time for saying this though :)

I expect Thompson to come back, though nothing surprised me anymore.

Again, would suck, and my day would go on.
yeah, he missed the entire season, basically, that actually may save us for 2023, we all know he would have killed it this season, he is just a stud. fingers crossed, but based on what Jack and others have been saying, sounds like it could get a bit painful. Shrader, OG3, Wax, Thompson, Geer, Carter would be my top gut punch list (I am already assuming Caleb is going)

Out of curiosity, does anyone know what kind of NIL money our players are getting? Obviously not enough to compete with other programs, but just curious.

and he is tiny and and I mean small. Not only height wise but build wise. Fast athletic no doubt, but to your point he's really gonna struggle is my prediction, certainly against bigger players. This is a bad move, much like I said about Taj, this kid should have stayed here. Hopefully no one will call me a bad human this time for saying this though :)
He’s good, makes splash plays, rather have him than not, but at what price. I’d put money towards keeping other guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom