CB Duce Chestnut transferring to LSU | Page 43 | Syracusefan.com

CB Duce Chestnut transferring to LSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like any average, some are more mature than others. Not sure how you got to point #2.
Same goes for adults, many are immature brats.

You're talking about the "bad direction" of college sports and stating repeatedly that college athletes are "kids". I made point #2 because I don't understand what you're going on about.

Wrong. I am amazed how you can continually spin things for almost a decade now that everything is just fine. You are so wrong and you will eventually continue to find out.
Have you started an NIL fund?

No. Being 30 years of a fan is why I said your previous post of stomping your feet and saying you weren’t gonna watch anymore was so laughable.

So again, I’ll see you here next year
I don’t see it being like that at all. I was as die hard as you could come when it came to MBB in general from the mid 80’s until about 2015. Now I need to be reminded their is a SU game on. I really hope I don’t ever get to that point with football because I really do love the sport, but the very same similarities , if not far more profound, are a similar turn off.

Have you started an NIL fund?
I didn’t realize that was part of being a fan? If the SUAD didn’t let us get in this mess to begin with by not upgrading facilities and keeping up to date when we had the chance maybe the gap wouldn’t be so big. Otherwise I have my own job I do at day so I couldn’t cover that. I donate and buy season tickets. If I had the means to throw away $1 on a kid or 2 maybe I would. Have you started an NIL fund I can directly donate to ?

I don’t see it being like that at all. I was as die hard as you could come when it came to MBB in general from the mid 80’s until about 2015. Now I need to be reminded their is a SU game on. I really hope I don’t ever get to that point with football because I really do love the sport, but the very same similarities , if not far more profound, are a similar turn off.
For sure...You have that option. We all do.

You also have 13000 posts on a fan board, so the likelyhood of you walking away for good is unlikely.

For sure...You have that option. We all do.

You also have 13000 posts on a fan board, so the likelyhood of you walking away for good is unlikely.
How often do you see me on the basketball board these days?

Wrong. I am amazed how you can continually spin things for almost a decade now that everything is just fine. You are so wrong and you will eventually continue to find out.
What exactly is wrong?

And you must have me confused with someone else. When have I ever said everything is just fine. You must have taken some time off when shafer was here.

keep wallowing in despair

Last edited:
How often do you see me on the basketball board these days?
I look forward to seeing your posts on the football board next year

football is once a week, different animal.

What exactly is wrong?

And you must have me confused with someone else. When have I ever said everything is just fine. You must have taken some time off when shafer was here.

keep wallowing in despair
You’re always very authoritative declaring your righteousness to anybody that brings up how the current circumstances will only deepen the gap between the halves and have nots. That’s been your mantra as long as I can remember. Everything’s fine here. Nothing to worry. I’d like to know if you’re actually genuine with the stuff you post, or just staying in character?

I'm actually curious how many ACC starters per team have transferred

Minus Miami and FSU, who has cleaned up, the ACC has been absolutely raided. I remember seeing Wake, UVA, and Syracuse has having at least 2 or 3 top 3 transfers go to SEC or B10.

You’re always very authoritative declaring your righteousness to anybody that brings up how the current circumstances will only deepen the gap between the halves and have nots. That’s been your mantra as long as I can remember. Everything’s fine here. Nothing to worry. I’d like to know if you’re actually genuine with the stuff you post, or just staying in character?
No, all I have ever said is that there are limiting factors on the usual suspects loading up and hoarding talent.

kids want to play, and as we have seen liberal transfer rules have benefited SU.

That’s SU’s opportunity in this new way of doing business. SU has a better opportunity to immediately improve the roster in absolute terms. How it does relative to the conference is the open issue. All Dino should be worrying about is is 1-85 better 8/1 than it was on 12/28. He’s clearly on that path this year.

No, all I have ever said is that there are limiting factors on the usual suspects loading up and hoarding talent.

kids want to play, and as we have seen liberal transfer rules have benefited SU.

That’s SU’s opportunity in this new way of doing business. SU has a better opportunity to immediately improve the roster in absolute terms. How it does relative to the conference is the open issue. All Dino should be worrying about is is 1-85 better 8/1 than it was on 12/28. He’s clearly on that path this year.
Yup. I’m surprised some people don’t see this. We’ve been getting our clocks cleaned in the high school recruiting game for 20+ years. Even after we dramatically improved facilities and coaches salaries we’re still near the bottom of P5 in that regard. Being in a recruiting desert sure doesn’t help.

The portal is new life for us. Sure we’ll lose some guys, but so far its been a big net positive. If we continue on that path this new normal may be much better for the program than the old structure. We’ll see, but the doom and gloom is just… odd.

Last edited:
Yup. I’m surprised some people don’t see this. We’ve been getting our clocks cleaned in the high school recruiting game for 20+ years. Even after we dramatically improved facilities and coaches salaries were still near the bottom of P5 in that regard. Being in a recruiting desert sure doesn’t help.

The portal is new life for us. Sure we’ll lose some guys, but so far its been a big net positive. If we continue on that path this new normal may be much better for the program than the old structure. We’ll see, but the doom and gloom is just… odd.
yeah clamoring to keep with the factories and find Big NIL etc is just more of the same stuff that we haven’t been able to do for 25 years now. Find the niche and work it at every angle. It’s almost as if people want to try and keep up with factories again with the NIL stuff. Ain’t happening. sure they need to continue to improve the NIL but will never be as much as big programs and won’t compete there

Yup. I’m surprised some people don’t see this. We’ve been getting our clocks cleaned in the high school recruiting game for 20+ years. Even after we dramatically improved facilities and coaches salaries were still near the bottom of P5 in that regard. Being in a recruiting desert sure doesn’t help.

It's our best chance to stay competitive, and I'm not sure why people aren't seeing that.

I wish we did a better job at landing transfer OL and WRs, but at least that opportunity is there now.

We lost 2 DBs we would love to still have, but would have them for one more year. We gained 2 DBs who we would have loved to have recruited last year, and we have them for 2-4 more years.

It's our best chance to stay competitive, and I'm not sure why people aren't seeing that.

I wish we did a better job at landing transfer OL and WRs, but at least that opportunity is there now.

We lost 2 DBs we would love to still have, but would have them for one more year. We gained 2 DBs who we would have loved to have recruited last year, and we have them for 2-4 more years.
Probably going to start two four star safeties next year. When‘s the last time that happened? I’m guessing 1997.

Yup. I’m surprised some people don’t see this. We’ve been getting our clocks cleaned in the high school recruiting game for 20+ years. Even after we dramatically improved facilities and coaches salaries we’re still near the bottom of P5 in that regard. Being in a recruiting desert sure doesn’t help.

How can you say it’s a net positive? We traded 2 top shelf talent guys that we developed ,that would have been veterans , who are obviously good enough for schools like Ohio St and LSU, all of their accolades not included. People just brush it off, but we also lost our best pass rusher in Linton.

In return we got an oft injured D lineman who was cut from Bama, and 2 young, but promising DB’s to replace Duce and Carter, who have never played a snap. Let’s not make Nebraska so big bad school. At SU we don’t have Freshman start from day 1, but when you have good ones like Carter and Duce, they did. For whatever reason these guys never saw the field and transferred out. Maybe they were buried on the depth chart. We’re trading an absolute sure thing who should be playing at their best in their career for a total unknown.

I like the OL, More, from Richmond, but even he isn’t a Cornelius, the Yale guy, or Verse type.

We are constantly going to be trading our best players that were under recruited, that we identified, and developed, for question marks. We are never going to get the top FCS guys. They will look us right over like Verse and Cornelius . We will also never get the kids who have actually competed and succeeded at this level. We will get the kids buried on the depth charts, were cut from the Bama and tOSU’s, or kids who had potential but have been battling injuries. Last year we brought in 2 QB’s. Both severely downgraded after seeing them play against college competition at the college level. One is a TE, which is actually good for him because he’s athletic and wasn’t a college QB. We are no longer a program that can rely on developing kids. You tell me, what are we? We certainly aren’t portal players.

The gap is widening. It’s amazing people think the portal is actually going to help us. If you actually pay attention, at best it could potentially plug holes….if you’re lucky and they turn out.

How can you say it’s a net positive? We traded 2 top shelf talent guys that we developed ,that would have been veterans , who are obviously good enough for schools like Ohio St and LSU, all of their accolades not included. People just brush it off, but we also lost our best pass rusher in Linton.

In return we got an oft injured D lineman who was cut from Bama, and 2 young, but promising DB’s to replace Duce and Carter, who have never played a snap. Let’s not make Nebraska so big bad school. At SU we don’t have Freshman start from day 1, but when you have good ones like Carter and Duce, they did. For whatever reason these guys never saw the field and transferred out. Maybe they were buried on the depth chart. We’re trading an absolute sure thing who should be playing at their best in their career for a total unknown.

I like the OL, More, from Richmond, but even he isn’t a Cornelius, the Yale guy, or Verse type.

We are constantly going to be trading our best players that were under recruited, that we identified, and developed, for question marks. We are never going to get the top FCS guys. They will look us right over like Verse and Cornelius . We will also never get the kids who have actually competed and succeeded at this level. We will get the kids buried on the depth charts, were cut from the Bama and tOSU’s, or kids who had potential but have been battling injuries. Last year we brought in 2 QB’s. Both severely downgraded after seeing them play against college competition at the college level. One is a TE, which is actually good for him because he’s athletic and wasn’t a college QB. We are no longer a program that can rely on developing kids. You tell me, what are we? We certainly aren’t portal players.

The gap is widening. It’s amazing people think the portal is actually going to help us. If you actually pay attention, at best it could potentially plug holes….if you’re lucky and they turn out.
It’s 2 guys. I’m talking about the totality of our portal impacts over 2+ years.

I don’t know what to tell you. I’m optimistic. If you think we’re toast then stop following the team. Life is too short.

It’s 2 guys. I’m talking about the totality of our portal impacts over 2+ years.

I don’t know what to tell you. I’m optimistic. If you think we’re toast then stop following the team. Life is too
It was actually 3 guys considering Linton the gadget guy just went to Texas Tech, but who’s counting. I’m happy you do still have some optimism after 20 years, but are you sure it’s not apathy? I guess it was just…odd .. you felt this has been a clear net positive?

I hear you but dont completely agree. If we play the portal correctly and truly focus on building half the roster with portal kids who have multiple years left our roster will become hard to poach in 3 years or so.
25 scholarships a year. Within 3 years we need 40 or more players via the portal. That is how we not only improve but build a stable roster

It was actually 3 guys considering Linton the gadget guy just went to Texas Tech, but who’s counting. I’m happy you do still have some optimism after 20 years, but are you sure it’s not apathy? I guess it was just…odd .. you felt this has been a clear net positive?
Our starting QB, by far the most important player on any team, is a portal guy.

Linton was a nice story but clearly has a ceiling. Let’s see how he does in Lubbock before we mourn the future.

There are plenty of guys to replace Linton’s production.

I hear you but dont completely agree. If we play the portal correctly and truly focus on building half the roster with portal kids who have multiple years left our roster will become hard to poach in 3 years or so.
25 scholarships a year. Within 3 years we need 40 or more players via the portal. That is how we not only improve but build a stable roster
Do you really think that is what Dino will do? I don’t. Plus just like we aren’t a recruiting factor what makes you think we will be portal players? I also feel we will start to lose more and more guys we identified , developed , and then get tampered with to leave. Seeing these guys to go LSU and Ohio St , plus the money, and possible success won’t set a good standard for the next guys. I see what you’re saying, but can you really see Dino going that route?

Do you really think that is what Dino will do? I don’t. Plus just like we aren’t a recruiting factor what makes you think we will be portal players? I also feel we will start to lose more and more guys we identified , developed , and then get tampered with to leave. Seeing these guys to go LSU and Ohio St , plus the money, and possible success won’t set a good standard for the next guys. I see what you’re saying, but can you really see Dino going that route?
I actually do especially for positions that typically require time such as the Oline. Syracuse is an excellent choice for kids that are 2nd team at factory schools and or looking to make the jump up a level.
It sounds crazy but we truly do have a better chance to be successful with this model than we have had with the old HS model.
Positions that are historically difficult for us to recruit ( ol, dl, qb) lend themselves to this. Shrader and possibly the kid from Mississippi we are hosting next weekend are excellent examples. The OL and DL players we are bringing in as well as the DBs are higher rated than pretty much any kid from HS that we have recruited for the same positions.
Dont get me wrong i hate the current state of college athletics.
Its counter intuitive but if and its a big IF, Cuse plays the portal and uses their NIL resources correctly which i know we are we will end up with a better football program. Once the new athletics campus is completed we will become a very attractive home for wayward 4 stars.
Dinos skills also lend themselves to second chance kids.
Hang in there you are a great fan and poster.
We will be ok.

Same goes for adults, many are immature brats.

You're talking about the "bad direction" of college sports and stating repeatedly that college athletes are "kids". I made point #2 because I don't understand what you're going on about.
The “Kids” discussion was a tangent in this thread, which was a back and forth between David232 and I. It was not directly related to any thoughts I may have on NIL or portal. If you go back and read where it starts, David indicated he didn’t like when people called the players kids. I responded, that’s what hey are… and, we were off.

Status
Not open for further replies.