CB Duce Chestnut transferring to LSU | Page 44 | Syracusefan.com

CB Duce Chestnut transferring to LSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
And this thread is officially a dumpster fire. NIL and transfers are here to stay. The legal apparatus of the US says 18 year olds are adults and not kids.

You can have opinions, but please recognize that they are quite literally meaningless unless you run for office or lead the NCAA. Mourning the death of the previous system is your choice, but I’m moving on and so is SU.

The administration let Greg Robinson have a 4th year. If we were serious about football the money would have been there to get rid of him after 3 years.
Dino has been given patience at the HC spot only 2 winning seasons in 7 seasons including a new 18-39 record in conference play.

Sorry I am not going to freak out about 3 players leaving including 2 to college football elite programs. I am more concerned about the fact the program hasn’t been able to recruit better and build up depth.

We are never going to be a consistent top 25 college football team and I am okay with that. Our administration is investing now but they waited and we as a program are feeling the effects on major college football now in that players can go and get their best possible deals.

If boosters at other schools want to drop cash to get their players into their program good for the players playing a physical sport. It’s our coaching staff’s job to build a roster. They use the portal to their benefit and they are going to see players leave. College athletes are interns not professionals they can go wherever they want. Sure we want loyalty but there’s no crying over spilled milk.

And this thread is officially a dumpster fire. NIL and transfers are here to stay. The legal apparatus of the US says 18 year olds are adults and not kids.

You can have opinions, but please recognize that they are quite literally meaningless unless you run for office or lead the NCAA. Mourning the death of the previous system is your choice, but I’m moving on and so is SU.
adult that can't by law (supposedly) drink or buy alcohol until 21 so yeah, not REALLY adults which is ridiculous.

I hope Duce got paid because the football part might not be pretty with the speed SEC teams bring to the field... speed has never been Duce's strong suit.
The speed on that Georgia team last night was insane. I don't root against any of our former players, but I think Duce is going to be a story our coaches can point back to in future years to show kids that if you stay in our system some of your weaknesses can be masked by moving you around the field, and if you go to the SEC or BIG you're going to get smoked like this guy did and miss your shot at the league.

Wendy’s
Oh My God Omg GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

The speed on that Georgia team last night was insane. I don't root against any of our former players, but I think Duce is going to be a story our coaches can point back to in future years to show kids that if you stay in our system some of your weaknesses can be masked by moving you around the field, and if you go to the SEC or BIG you're going to get smoked like this guy did and miss your shot at the league.
I get it but I hope he does well out there. Will be interesting to see how he stacks up against SEC receivers.

Billy Costigan: Families are always rising or falling in America, am I right?

Oliver Queenan: Who said that?

Billy Costigan: Hawthorne.

As we've seen SU can be impacted by polishing up diamonds in the rough and losing those kids to the factories. We should aggressively be going after the factory reclamation projects that are getting pushed out and down the chain. If those kids were good enough in HS to attract the attention of the big boys then maybe they can thrive at SU.

I get it but I hope he does well out there. Will be interesting to see how he stacks up against SEC receivers.
During September LSU plays Florida State, Alabama, Ole Miss and Miss State (Air Raid).

The administration let Greg Robinson have a 4th year. If we were serious about football the money would have been there to get rid of him after 3 years.
Dino has been given patience at the HC spot only 2 winning seasons in 7 seasons including a new 18-39 record in conference play.

Sorry I am not going to freak out about 3 players leaving including 2 to college football elite programs. I am more concerned about the fact the program hasn’t been able to recruit better and build up depth.

We are never going to be a consistent top 25 college football team and I am okay with that. Our administration is investing now but they waited and we as a program are feeling the effects on major college football now in that players can go and get their best possible deals.

If boosters at other schools want to drop cash to get their players into their program good for the players playing a physical sport. It’s our coaching staff’s job to build a roster. They use the portal to their benefit and they are going to see players leave. College athletes are interns not professionals they can go wherever they want. Sure we want loyalty but there’s no crying over spilled milk.
Once money is exchanged, you are a professional. Intern would imply there's no compensation as it was in the past when interns were ok with working for free in exchange for experience and something on their resume. Interns in my field make more in a Summer than most do in a calendar year.

Once money is exchanged, you are a professional. Intern would imply there's no compensation as it was in the past when interns were ok with working for free in exchange for experience and something on their resume. Interns in my field make more in a Summer than most do in a calendar year.
Interns get paid at my work. Most companies now pay interns. It attracts better talent.

The current system will try hard to maintain “amateur” standing with regard to scholarships. No one is going to try to start taxing those benefits yet. Perhaps at some point in the future.

Regardless, NIL monies are definitely taxable, which clouds the issue because there are literally making money off of their status as a player.

Then there are other services provided by the universities to these “student/athletes” such as coaching, meals, nutrition experts, separate housing, academic advisors and tutors, medical treatment and trainers, training facilities, NFL preparation, and probably much more than that of which I am unaware. My guess is most of this is far beyond what the typical engineering student who is on academic scholarship receives.

If this makes you feel any better LSU is losing guys too, and he seemed to be on the fast track to starting for the Tigers.

Edit: I realize they have like 3 other 4-5 stars on the roster.

The “Kids” discussion was a tangent in this thread, which was a back and forth between David232 and I. It was not directly related to any thoughts I may have on NIL or portal. If you go back and read where it starts, David indicated he didn’t like when people called the players kids. I responded, that’s what hey are… and, we were off.
David332 you mean, I'm up in the cheap seats!

Full meltdown? Full meltdown was when we thought that Chris Ash was going to be our next football coach. That's a meltdown.
No kidding. This is a regular Syracuse crowd in here. Nowhere near meltdown. I think OSU got the better of the two guys though I love Duce. He was one of my faves to watch.

I personally hope he puts some serious money away and ends up sitting the bench.

If this makes you feel any better LSU is losing guys too, and he seemed to be on the fast track to starting for the Tigers.

Edit: I realize they have like 3 other 4-5 stars on the roster.
yeah I imagine the kid wants to play sooner than later. Daniels is coming back and they like Nussmeir as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.