Changes in local radio | Syracusefan.com

Changes in local radio

SWC75

Bored Historian
I happened to tune into The score 1260 yesterday afternoon to find out that Paul Esden just started hosting the afternoon drive show, which he's calling "Drive Time Sports". I've listened to Mike Lindsley so in frequently that i didn't even realize he'd left the station in November. So they are going to back to having a local show in the afternoon.

The bigger news is that Bud Polquin is now completely retiring. he had retired form Syracuse.com and the Syracuse newspapers last year but remained on part-time with "Bud and the Manchild", (which is on the Score from 10AM-Noon weekdays), but now he's giving that gig up as well, although he may occasionally call in or even replace Jim Lersch when he's on vacation. They are going to have three days of reminiscences Monday Tuesday and Wednesday of next week. I've been invited to appear on the show either Monday or Tuesday, as I did a couple of years ago, (it will probably be a brief visit rather than the whole show). The show will continue as "the Manchild with Boy Green, (their nickname for Esden) but Bud will no longer be a regular or semi-regular part of it.

I happened to tune into The score 1260 yesterday afternoon to find out that Paul Esden just started hosting the afternoon drive show, which he's calling "Drive Time Sports". I've listened to Mike Lindsley so in frequently that i didn't even realize he'd left the station in November. So they are going to back to having a local show in the afternoon.

The bigger news is that Bud Polquin is now completely retiring. he had retired form Syracuse.com and the Syracuse newspapers last year but remained on part-time with "Bud and the Manchild", (which is on the Score from 10AM-Noon weekdays), but now he's giving that gig up as well, although he may occasionally call in or even replace Jim Lersch when he's on vacation. They are going to have three days of reminiscences Monday Tuesday and Wednesday of next week. I've been invited to appear on the show either Monday or Tuesday, as I did a couple of years ago, (it will probably be a brief visit rather than the whole show). The show will continue as "the Manchild with Boy Green, (their nickname for Esden) but Bud will no longer be a regular or semi-regular part of it.
So this Edsel character, who apparently has control of the Syracusefan Facebook page, will host 2 shows up there???

So this Edsel character, who apparently has control of the Syracusefan Facebook page, will host 2 shows up there???

Apparently ESDEN will.

I don't know about Edsel

upload_2018-1-23_17-1-47.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors