Chase Scanlan suspended indefinitely | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

Chase Scanlan suspended indefinitely

Hopefully, this shuts a few posters up.

That explains why the UNIVERSITY had to reinstate him. It doesn't explain why Desko said he could practice again. He could have stayed at the school but should have been kicked off the team. The coach controls the roster. It's his team. He can kick someone off for breathing weird. If you make the decision he's not going to play or travel with the team you can make the decision to not have him practice or participate at all. "We're tired of you creating trouble for us, whether you committed a crime or not, we're done dealing with you." That's all it takes.

That explains why the UNIVERSITY had to reinstate him. It doesn't explain why Desko said he could practice again. He could have stayed at the school but should have been kicked off the team. The coach controls the roster. It's his team. He can kick someone off for breathing weird. If you make the decision he's not going to play or travel with the team you can make the decision to not have him practice or participate at all. "We're tired of you creating trouble for us, whether you committed a crime or not, we're done dealing with you." That's all it takes.
Yes. This.
I know we all love SU but can we finally let go the exercise of finding every excuse in the world to say The university DIDNT bungle this? They took the smoldering left behind by every mandate (legal mandates I don’t blame them for) and threw gasoline fueled stupidity all over it (this I do blame them for)

All of you guys can continue to say this but when the AD and university tell desko scanlan's practicing then guess what, he's going to practice. Personally the charges of only misdemeanors make no sense to me and idk why the university was so afraid of a lawsuit when they had this info from the jump they had to have known charges were coming.

Yes. This.
I know we all love SU but can we finally let go the exercise of finding every excuse in the world to say The university DIDNT bungle this? They took the smoldering left behind by every mandate (legal mandates I don’t blame them for) and threw gasoline fueled stupidity all over it (this I do blame them for)
University did a terrible job but I assume some law firm they pay a kings ransom to told them to follow this course of action and ADJW & HCJD did as they were probably told. University made this mess much bigger tho- totally agree on that

University did a terrible job but I assume some law firm they pay a kings ransom to told them to follow this course of action and ADJW & HCJD did as they were probably told. University made this mess much bigger tho- totally agree on that
fair. needed some pr folks in that room. if only campus had some.

All of you guys can continue to say this but when the AD and university tell desko scanlan's practicing then guess what, he's going to practice.

If that is truly what happened, then Desko cowardly and knowingly relented in allowing a possible abuser onto his field and back to his practices. He could have stood up for the program like the players did. That's just the way I see it. My opinion. You don't let a kid back in your locker room after he was credibly accused of what he was accused of. You figure out a way to keep him out. You put your foot down and then deal with the consequences. But he didn't.

If that is truly what happened, then Desko cowardly and knowingly relented in allowing a possible abuser onto his field and back to his practices. He could have stood up for the program like the players did. That's just the way I see it. My opinion. You don't let a kid back in your locker room after he was credibly accused of what he was accused of. You figure out a way to keep him out. You put your foot down and then deal with the consequences. But he didn't.

I’m pretty sure the lawyers told him and SU what they had to do.

You think the coach makes these decisions in a vacuum?

How quaint.

you’re assuming the girl came forward on day 1.

Also under Title 9 changes recently the accused has much more rights. I believe Scanlan was denying anything occurred, which I believe forced SU to take him back.

It was being widely discussed on social media the day of the suspension what happened. In detail. The info was out there. If random people on social media knew about it, then the coaches knew about it.

Also under Title 9 changes recently the accused has much more rights. I believe Scanlan was denying anything occurred, which I believe forced SU to take him back.

no doubt. And if the girl didn’t come forward right off the bat it’s kind of here say.

It was being widely discussed on social media the day of the suspension what happened. In detail. The info was out there. If random people on social media knew about it, then the coaches knew about it.

social media was all over the place.

Thats true but a University can't make decisions or calls based off of what's on Social Media, that's insane. If we did that every institution would be inundated with lawsuits.

If Desko didnt want to revoke the suspension but was forced to by Title IX, then thats one thing.

If Desko didn't want to play him or have him practice, but was ordered to by the administration as some were saying? Well...Desko is now bulletproof, at least for this offseason.

He's got a lot of PR leverage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom