Chris Bleich waiver denied | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Chris Bleich waiver denied

This sounds like an excellent opportunity to play him anyway, play “G Code” (on repeat) by “Geto Boyz” really loud, and sue the NCAA and a legion of people in it.

I absolutely believe this is a thing.

Similar to how we responded to the investigation that resulted in outsized penalties relative to other schools with much worse offenses (UNC, Ville, Zona etc)

Jo Pa gets his wins back but JB can’t? Me thinks we need to fight back a bit harder.
Maybe if Biden wins he can do one of those executive orders. But, someone might need to remind Joe where he went to law school. Just kidding.

We have zero pull in College Athletics anymore. I miss the Jake Crouthamel days...

Weird question, but since no one will lose a year of eligibility this season, will he still lose a year of eligibility?

Weird question, but since no one will lose a year of eligibility this season, will he still lose a year of eligibility?
Technically I don’t think so. Seems like the policy is that no matter what transpires, 2020 activity has no impact on eligibility clock so he would still have 3 years left and wouldn’t forfeit a year for transferring without a waiver. And the transfer rule mandates a year “in residence” to be eligible without a waiver. Doesn’t state you lose a year, simply that you must be in attendance at your new school for two consecutive semesters.
However, WITH the waiver he could conceivably played FOUR years for us. Would have been unlikely given his age and NFL potential, but possible.

Our Lawyers in the compliance department or whoever we suggest our players use to file these waivers to the NCAA are terrible. That is the only reasoning I can come up with

We likely use Bond, Schoeneck & King - the leading firm in the country in dealing with the NCAA, that also happens to be headquartered in Syracuse.

Shocking...

4A9A17D7-05AE-41FC-BDB6-AD4275DFB08A.jpeg

Might want to look for a new firm. This one should have been a slam dunk.
I'm wondering if playing closer to home doesn't carry as much weight as we suppose. I remember Marrone getting pretty annoyed that (a defensive lineman??) didn't get his waiver request approved, and the reason for the transfer was to be closer to family

I'm wondering if playing closer to home doesn't carry as much weight as we suppose. I remember Marrone getting pretty annoyed that (a defensive lineman??) didn't get his waiver request approved, and the reason for the transfer was to be closer to family

Wasn't his injury issues at Florida also part of it? Not just closer to home?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom