Clayton. Welch. | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Clayton. Welch.

Tommy is a talented QB and a great team mate...he would be missed. His father ...not so much.
No doubt, but if he doesn’t want to be here you can’t look back.

Listen here is the thing, under no circumstances can you say Welch is actually a more talented QB the Tommy, the problem is mentally or emotionally DeVito is shot right now. I imagine a lot of it has to do with our putrid offensive line, but that’s not all of it. Watching it I’d almost compare it to just expecting to miss a foul shot every time or a putt, or the Yipps. The kid is just lacking something, and an offensive line isn’t the only thing.

They would have won the last 2 games and be 5-2 with CW as the starter.

100%

I’m not saying Welch is a better player than Devito...but the team would rather play with Welch.

For whatever reason, I’m going to guess these guys don’t like Devito

Guys if Tommy transfers and Welch is gone after this year that leaves us Summers, Rex, and...what after that?

Begs the question if tommy is healthy we need to play him, he needs to get his mojo back and waiting on it isn’t gonna help if we plan on it happening next year.
welch is gone and are we gonna put our faith in Summers and Rex? Seems like a repeat season...

Guys if Tommy transfers and Welch is gone after this year that leaves us Summers, Rex, and...what after that?

Begs the question if tommy is healthy we need to play him, he needs to get his mojo back and waiting on it isn’t gonna help if we plan on it happening next year.
welch is gone and are we gonna put our faith in Summers and Rex? Seems like a repeat season...

I would expect tommy to be done for season tho...because of injuries

I don’t want DeVito to transfer, if he gets his head right he could be a good QB, that being said I believe we beat Liberty, Holy Cross and Western Michigan with our backups and we lose the other games just the same. Regardless we need to hit the transfer portal hard. Mike Leach seems to funnel in a transfer every damn year and works out ok.

I would expect tommy to be done for season tho...because of injuries

And I don’t think anyone would be surprised by that but are people expecting that Welch is gonna lead us to a bowl game? Are they expecting some miracle saved season? Hell I’d love to see that but the o line ain’t getting fixed, the play calling, and team chemistry, and now apparently all the acc refs.

This season seems to be lost at this point. IMO.

And I don’t think anyone would be surprised by that but are people expecting that Welch is gonna lead us to a bowl game? Are they expecting some miracle saved season? Hell I’d love to see that but the o line ain’t getting fixed, the play calling, and team chemistry, and now apparently all the acc refs.

This season seems to be lost at this point. IMO.

yeah no way Welch leads us to a bowl game. That’s a fact.

Tommy isn’t transferring, Welch isn’t the answer. Fire Cav, hit the transfer market, fix the OL. Use this year to see what we have behind the starters on OL.

silly season around here

I’ll agree with everything you just said

Tommy isn’t transferring, Welch isn’t the answer. Fire Cav, hit the transfer market, fix the OL. Use this year to see what we have behind the starters on OL.

silly season around here

however, I think next season, Tommy is going to have a short leash, if we can get a solid freshman qb recruit. However, that has yet to happen

however, I think next season, Tommy is going to have a short leash, if we can get a solid freshman qb recruit. However, that has yet to happen

Tommy won’t have any leash. He’s the qb the next 2 years.

Please don't include Clayton Welch and Eric Dungey in the same sentence.
There is no comparison but the style of play is similar. Unsure how that can be argued.

welch was able to move the team downfield mainly thru a string of poorly thrown passes bailed out by PI calls. wouldn't count on that every game.

While true, he also produced 212 combined passing and rushing yards in...what, half a game?

We’re never going to be able to sustain drives the traditional way with this OL.

If he can connect on a bomb once a game and break a few good runs - that possibly open things up for other big plays, that’s probably about the best we can do.

If Summers or a new recruit shines then yeah.
But Tommy is the QB of our future Needs to be a serious viable option behind him before that happens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom