Clemson Attendance Thread | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson Attendance Thread

Now you're being dense for the hell of it. We're talking finances and economics. Between a family of four, you'll probably spend $200 before taxes and fees for tickets in the 300s. Parking and food are going to be factored in as well because you don't tell kids they have to starve for three hours. For someone, that's a bill or a week/two weeks of groceries that they can't spend. Everyone's situation is different and that's going to play a role into what we're seeing with football attendance. The economy is trash right now and as it pertains to sports, people are being priced out everywhere and may be able to only go to one game a year. Colgate or Army may have been their one game. This is what I'm trying to get across. It's not an access issue.
The Savannah Bananas sold out in Syracuse for 100-200 dollars a pop. Lines were outside the stadium for hours before the event. It’s not the price of tickets.

The Savannah Bananas sold out in Syracuse for 100-200 dollars a pop. Lines were outside the stadium for hours before the event. It’s not the price of tickets.
What does one have to do with the other? If you haven’t noticed the 100’s are almost full. What’s the price of those tickets?

It’s the cheaper seats that aren’t selling in volume.

What does one have to do with the other? If you haven’t noticed the 100’s are almost full. What’s the price of those tickets?

It’s the cheaper seats that aren’t selling in volume.
That was the point.

That was the point.
Actually it shows there’s a market for high priced tickets but that isn’t unlimited.

If it was the cheaper seats would sell to.

Movement slowed this afternoon. The last section went light blue around 2 and nothing since. Hopefully a big walk up tomorrow.

Everyone is way too complacent in my opinion about it.

This team is something special.

They deserve this place to be full
There is zero.zero chance that anyone that would have the slightest interest is unaware of what has happened to date.

There’s no blame here. If fans, casuals, or otherwise decide not to attend, they are free to make that decision. On the other hand SU is not going to stimulate an additional 8k sales through an ingenious marketing strategy other than blast marketing $25 tickets.

There are a large number of reasons why there’s less of a market, it’s not one thing.

They could do, what they did for NC State last season and give free tickets to SU staff

Seems too late to do that now……

Cuse wants to try to make $$$$ off of this game
Didn’t we do that selling the Pitt game

You want seats and the dome to be filled up you have to beat these teams and not go 5-7 for long stretches over the course of many years. Basketball is no different. We lost our last six games last year coming into this year and they can’t keep doing this and expect 45-50 k every time they beat Colgate and Central Michigan. Football is getting better but it was gutted for a long time and we sucked for a very very long time. People who live in the community won’t pay 100’s of dollars and bring their family there when it’s nice out, apple picking and other events it’s just an unfortunate reality. Will Micron change this due to more jobs upstate? Idk. I hear people are excited about losing seats in the dome it could be the dumbest idea they’ve had up on campus. There is no comparison when it’s 48-50 and how loud it is compared to 42. I’m dumbfounded by hearing how great it will be when we lose 10k seats.

And I want to be realistic -- I'm not expecting a full-capacity / 50K crowd.

But 44K would mean no big "gaps," even though there would be some intermittent empty seats.

Would look good from the field when the players look up, would look good on TV, and would make for a lot of noise once the game starts.
What would look good is if we start beating Clemson, North Carolina and settling for 8-4 seasons or 7-6 seasons. You get more people when you actually beat teams and not go 1-10. I’d like a 10-2 season it’s very
Possible this year and keep going. That’s how you build attendance to 45-50k here

i love the obsession with our fanbase to blame itself for the attendance issue.

People are paid to drive demand and put people in the seats.

New dome

4-0

Potential all americans

Clemson

There’s so many angles to push this game.

Why dont we have a fan rally tonight, before gameday?

Why isn’t there anything happening in the community?
That’s also part of the problem. The University all does a poor job of promoting their product to not only Syracuse but also surrounding areas. You don’t see SU on the news enough. (Utica, Rome) anywhere like that you hear about hockey or some other sport I could care less about

What would look good is if we start beating Clemson, North Carolina and settling for 8-4 seasons or 7-6 seasons. You get more people when you actually beat teams and not go 1-10. I’d like a 10-2 season it’s very
Possible this year and keep going. That’s how you build attendance to 45-50k here
They did go 7-6 last year. Beat NCSt, Purdue, Louisville, BC, UVA. They didn’t lose their last six games in a row.

They went 1-10 in 2020 during the Covid year. That is not representative of this program.

2019 is what murdered this program. Thats not an excuse for the AD not to market/hype things up year to year like they did after the camping world win.

Program performance and public perception is literally what they’re paid to improve and sustain

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom