Clemson Postgame Thoughts | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson Postgame Thoughts

When will we realize that starting Taylor just puts us in a hole. He had added nothing game after game and he continues to get weay too many minutes with zero results. The team we had in at the end was our best except for the turncoat Judah that did all he could do to help Clemson. As many have wondered, what is up with Cuffee? if he is not injured, he is gone. Someone has to ask Red in PC. Releasing Bennie (though he deserved it) basically negated the remainder of our season. Beyond belief we have a team with 4 centers and only one power forward and he has to play center!! Build for next year at this point. Mintz does not want to play with the team, sit him. Rather see walk on try than Mintz let the 4 players trying down, play after play!
If you couldn't see why Taylor plays in this game you better never post again. Then again keep posting because laughter is great for the soul.

“Team will be much better without Joe”
“Team will be much better without Jimmy Jr”
“Team will be much better without Alan Griffin”

It all depends on the replacement. We been swapping average and below average talent with equally average talent
Correct. There's a lot of available talent out there to
compete for, but what exactly does SU have to offer
that makes a upper level talent decide in our favor.

We are all SU biased, but there isn't much currently
that makes SU stand out from 50 or more other programs.

If it comes down to $$, we have shown we aren't special
in that area. Average maybe, but not special.

Judah, JJ and Brown all shared in blowing that game. Missed layups, bad fouls making it so you can’t contest Hall and passing out of mismatch situations are the hallmarks of a bad team.
Despise this thread. We are so outmanned underneath that we shouldn’t even be in the game. We fought our butts off to have a chance despite this every game huge disadvantage we have in size. I commend the team for the fight they put up and leave the trashing of them up to the rest of you.

Did red tell them to let 20 seconds run off the clock? Did red choose to not force the ball into JJs hands when he’s got. Did red choose to not apply any consequences for not playing defense for an entire half? Idk man, you tell me what’s a coaching issue and what’s not.
“ Not apply any consequences for not playing defense?” WTH are you talking about?

Mintz single-handedly blew that game the last 4 minutes because he is so stinking selfish and stupid. And Taylor is such a liability he should not be playing whatsoever.

And you can't win basketball games when you don't even try playing defense in the first half
Agreed 100 %!

Mintz and his ego blew that game 40 MIN - 6-18 FG - 1-3 3PT - 1-2 FT <NBA in Biloxi!

Did the boos fire him up on D?
Talk about a one trick pony. Maybe two because you have your zone vendetta too. Joe did everything he wanted to today. He walked into his old home, shot the lights out, didn’t force shots was a leader on the floor, nailed some late daggers and walked off with the win. He’s also going to the tournament as the second leading scorer on his team and playing 32 minutes a night. Starling hit a couple shots and Judah shot 6-18. I suspect Clemson is fine with the trade off of Joes less than stellar defense with everything else he brings to the table. Our team has given up 60% shooting to opponents for 3 of the last 4 games. Our entire team is awful defensively. Our man defense is awful.

Joe gave a good in your face (and he’s done that anll season) to all the clowns who said he could only play 15 minutes a game and should go down a level.

Talk about a one trick pony. Maybe two because you have your zone vendetta too. Joe did everything he wanted to today. He walked into his old home, shot the lights out, didn’t force shots was a leader on the floor, nailed some late daggers and walked off with the win. He’s also going to the tournament as the second leading scorer on his team and playing 32 minutes a night. Starling hit a couple shots and Judah shot 6-18. I suspect Clemson is fine with the trade off of Joes less than stellar defense with everything else he brings to the table. Our team has given up 60% shooting to opponents for 3 of the last 4 games. Our entire team is awful defensively. Our man defense is awful.

Joe gave a good in your face (and he’s done that anll season) to all the clowns who said he could only play 15 minutes a game and should go down a level.
“SyracuseFan”.com

Not an excuse cause he was missing wide open shots, but I do wonder what Judah pounding the ball does to his game.
I’m sure he took a few shots in the first half, but it couldn’t have been more than 3 or 4. He just appears to passive at times.

I’m sure he took a few shots in the first half, but it couldn’t have been more than 3 or 4. He just appears to passive at times.
There were a couple open 3s he bricked that I remember.

I think we needed to keep both.
eh a 5th year guy that can't play defense. especially with no Jesse...he wouldn't have made a difference this year. I'm hopeful that JJ will make a difference over the next 2 years. The last 2 years with Joe, we were a .500 team. Including a losing season.

“SyracuseFan”.com
"Fan" = Fanatic.

fa·nat·ic /fəˈnadik/ [noun ]
a person filled with excessive and single-minded zeal, especially for an extreme religious or political cause.
"religious fanatics"

Jesse?
Jesse was a great player for us. Didn’t make enough of an impact defensively during his time here. Having said that would rather have him here than not. He looks like he bulked up a bit from his time here. Most if not all of the best teams have bulky centers that either start or they can put in to games and make things very difficult to near impossible for opposing teams inside. We have not had that type of player since Dajuan Coleman.

Last edited:
There were a couple open 3s he bricked that I remember.
Girard missed one open 3. He was 5-6 from the field. Don’t let facts get in the way of your argument.

Girard missed one open 3. He was 5-6 from the field. Don’t let facts get in the way of your argument.
I was talking about JJ clearly.

Some of you guys are obsessed.

Just reread it to make sure if it suggested I was talking about Joe at all, I’m honestly embarrassed for you.

4 dudes 35+ minutes. kinda hoped we'd turned a corner on that issue. guess not.

eh a 5th year guy that can't play defense. especially with no Jesse...he wouldn't have made a difference this year. I'm hopeful that JJ will make a difference over the next 2 years. The last 2 years with Joe, we were a .500 team. Including a losing season.
JJ is equally as bad on defense though despite being bigger and more athletic. That has to change the next two seasons if we are going to improve.

JJ is equally as bad on defense though despite being bigger and more athletic. That has to change the next two seasons if we are going to improve.
He is. The point Dash was making remains. Joe doesn’t bring what we needed this year. Perfect for Clemson. Give us PJ Hall and I’ll take a Joe too

He is. The point Dash was making remains. Joe doesn’t bring what we needed this year. Perfect for Clemson. Give us PJ Hall and I’ll take a Joe too
I agree there. I only point it out because it seems like people think we replaced him with some defensive stopper.

Despise this thread. We are so outmanned underneath that we shouldn’t even be in the game. We fought our butts off to have a chance despite this every game huge disadvantage we have in size. I commend the team for the fight they put up and leave the trashing of them up to the rest of you.
They fought in the second half, why does that ignore the first half? Sorry I don’t support losing to Clemson, Bc, and Wake. Moral victories mean nothing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom