Clemson Postgame Thoughts | Syracusefan.com

Clemson Postgame Thoughts

Mintz single-handedly blew that game the last 4 minutes because he is so stinking selfish and stupid. And Taylor is such a liability he should not be playing whatsoever.

And you can't win basketball games when you don't even try playing defense in the first half

I didn’t think we would battle back like we did. I also didn’t think we actually were ever going to win. That would have been that bad loss lego hair Lunardi was talking about for Clemson.

That said, the execution out of the timeout down 4 late was ball game. Get a shot ATTEMPT.

You can't be starting a Justin Taylor-level player and expect to be good. Let's start there. You can't have Hima come in and get all zeroes except for turnovers and fouls and expect to win.

You can't dig a hole of 24 points on 34 shots in a first half and expect to win.

JJ can't be awful for a whole half and then play well and expect to win.

And Judah... I dunno, man. Kid has talent. But he's in his own world a lot of the times. He's limited. He lacks awareness. He doesn't have the physical attributes to overcome the shortcomings. This game is the exact evidence of why he isn't showing up on NBA draft boards.

We need to really be critical in evaluating the roster for next year. Red has to grow as a coach, as well.

Rest of the year is going to be tough.

I can't wait to never watch Judah Mintz play for my basketball team again.

Single handedly took us out of the game with a bs fadeaway and the stupid flop guarding J**. If you google "empty stats" a picture of him comes up. Zero basketball IQ and couldn't be less of a winning basketball player if he tried.

You can't be starting a Justin Taylor-level player and expect to be good. Let's start there. You can't have Hima come in and get all zeroes except for turnovers and fouls and expect to win.

You can't dig a hole of 24 points on 34 shots in a first half and expect to win.

JJ can't be awful for a whole half and then play well and expect to win.

And Judah... I dunno, man. Kid has talent. But he's in his own world a lot of the times. He's limited. He lacks awareness. He doesn't have the physical attributes to overcome the shortcomings. This game is the exact evidence of why he isn't showing up on NBA draft boards.

We need to really be critical in evaluating the roster for next year. Red has to grow as a coach, as well.

Rest of the year is going to be tough.
positives.
I thought Bell was active, for him, on defense

They looked directionless the last few mins. Going to Judah on contested fade-aways when clemson couldnt stop JJ and Bell was hitting shots, bad movement, defensive lapses, fouling joe twice, not knowing whether to foul and letting 20 seconds tick.

This team is deeply, incredibly, fundamentally flawed. They do almost nothing particularly well.

It’s a testament to how lousy college basketball is these days that we’re 15-9/6-7.

Replace half the roster and try again next year.

Judah, JJ and Brown all shared in blowing that game. Missed layups, bad fouls making it so you can’t contest Hall and passing out of mismatch situations are the hallmarks of a bad team.

positives.
I thought Bell was active, for him, on defense

Agree with this. He had one defensive play where his guy got the ball at the FT line and Bell was in his shirt and pushed him off the spot he wanted to be. His guy made a tough pass that was bobbled and went out of bounds. Small thing, but it matters. He was giving the effort.

Did Red drop the ball to turn it over? Did red flop leaving a wide open three? Some of these staff takes Are so wild
Did red tell them to let 20 seconds run off the clock? Did red choose to not force the ball into JJs hands when he’s got. Did red choose to not apply any consequences for not playing defense for an entire half? Idk man, you tell me what’s a coaching issue and what’s not.

I can't wait to never watch Judah Mintz play for my basketball team again.

Single handedly took us out of the game with a bs fadeaway and the stupid flop guarding J**. If you google "empty stats" a picture of him comes up. Zero basketball IQ and couldn't be less of a winning basketball player if he tried.
Agree 100%. Once hes gone i dont think ill ever think about his 2 years in orange again. I have zero patience for players like him. Basketball is a team sport, hes been auditioning for the nba for 2 years and failed miserably at it.

Lack of depth. No size to rebound. Lack of shooters. Not a good recipe for success

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom