Clemson Postgame Thoughts | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson Postgame Thoughts

Cuffe did not get off the bench again for the second straight game which begs the question what is going on with that. Playing Taylor 20 minutes a game is literally hamstringing yourself. Rather see Cuff get 10 and Taylor ZERO

Did Red drop the ball to turn it over? Did red flop leaving a wide open three? Some of these staff takes Are so wild
Good coaches get the best out of poor players. They recruit these guys, get them on campus, practice and drill with them.

If it was just about getting the most top-100 recruits, then it would be easy to win.

They recruit the players who play. The coach the players who play. They choose who to play and when to play them. I don’t get this take.
What does that have to do with what I just said and asked? PLAYERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR TURNOVERS AND BAD SHOTS

NBA scouts at the Dome after watching Judah:
Adam Devine Reaction GIF

For those on the inside - how did JGIII and Mintz get along? It didn’t really seem like two friends going at it today. Mintz seemed to make the game personal unfortunately.

Which leads me to my next point lol. Red, look I like the guy a lot and I'm sure he's a nice guy and all and trying to instill confidence in his players, but he cannot continue to play Taylor... and if he does you have to question his coaching process.

I'm amazed we came back to tie it up. We just don't have depth. Or enoughg talent. I wonder what the story is with Cuffe. Must be something. We could have used a sub to give guys a rest.
It better be question 2 at least on postgame.

Horrible. You tie it at 60. And then Mintz spazzes out the last 5 possessions. Then you foul Girard not once, but twice.

This is not a good team. But that’s on the coaching staff and no one else.
No it's on Mintz too.

Right before Mintz's game got really ugly, there was a possession where he drove towards the left elbow and was clearly about to run out of space. Q was wide open on the left arc. Whether you want Q taking an open 3 or not, it was blatantly obvious where the ball needed to go. It did not go there. Not even sure Mintz looked.

From then on Mintz was basically a black hole on offense. If he touched the ball, everyone knew there was like a 95% chance he was going to try to create for himself and it would either work or it wouldn't... and that's how it played out.

It's like he has it in his head that the one thing holding him back from his NBA dreams is putting the team on his shoulders down the stretch. The reality is it's the opposite. Making his teammates better is what he should be doing to make himself a better NBA prospect.

When you've got three opponents within arm's reach of you, you have a teammate (or two!) wide open. Find them. Period.

Good coaches get the best out of poor players. They recruit these guys, get them on campus, practice and drill with them.

If it was just about getting the most top-100 recruits, then it would be easy to win.
I don't have near enough evidence to judge Red one way or the other. One thing I am pretty confidant about is that Clemson has much more talent that we do. And we were right there at the end of the game with them. Now, I would bet that Red counted on Westry and Benny playing for us. And McCloud as well. We will know more down the road.

I don't have near enough evidence to judge Red one way or the other. One thing I am pretty confidant about is that Clemson has much more talent that we do. And we were right there at the end of the game with them. Now, I would bet that Red counted on Westry and Benny playing for us. And McCloud as well. We will know more down the road.
It’s funny because I thought Red was way better than Brownell this game. Hall should have had 30 and Brown should have been fouled out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom