Clemson Postgame Thoughts | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson Postgame Thoughts

When will we realize that starting Taylor just puts us in a hole. He had added nothing game after game and he continues to get weay too many minutes with zero results. The team we had in at the end was our best except for the turncoat Judah that did all he could do to help Clemson. As many have wondered, what is up with Cuffee? if he is not injured, he is gone. Someone has to ask Red in PC. Releasing Bennie (though he deserved it) basically negated the remainder of our season. Beyond belief we have a team with 4 centers and only one power forward and he has to play center!! Build for next year at this point. Mintz does not want to play with the team, sit him. Rather see walk on try than Mintz let the 4 players trying down, play after play!

Not even a short modest thank you video for Girard during a timeout from the University? This is what I heard anyway.

Bush league if that is indeed the case.

Mintz single-handedly blew that game the last 4 minutes because he is so stinking selfish and stupid. And Taylor is such a liability he should not be playing whatsoever.

And you can't win basketball games when you don't even try playing defense in the first half
Taylor wan't in at the end. Actually he was in early and was playing well. He moves the ball and rebounds. His confidence is shot like his shot is missing. Too many haters on this board

Execution after we tied it at 60 was horrific. Instead of getting the ball to JJ who was hot, Mintz goes into hero ball mode and takes a bad contested shot that comes back in an easy bucket on the other end and then he tries to go 1-on-1 and turns it over. But let's face it, if you get beat on the boards by -17 you're not going to win.

Whats lacking in this group/collection of players is basketball brains and defensive ability. They are not physically, emotionally, intellectually good enough to win these games. Bunch of babies. They go from overconfident to unsure to lacking confidence and repeat the cycle 3 or 4 times a game. Schizoid !

Taylor wan't in at the end. Actually he was in early and was playing well. He moves the ball and rebounds. His confidence is shot like his shot is missing. Too many haters on this board
At some point you can’t keep playing someone that once at least a game doesn’t even hit the rim on a prayer. It’s a clear problem.

At some point you can’t keep playing someone that once at least a game doesn’t even hit the rim on a prayer. It’s a clear problem.
His shot isn’t close right now

Kids played hard. We are a very young team. No size. with McCloud we win this game. Bell and Judah lost this game with poor decision making. Really poor shot selection from Both of them. Did we forget how to make foul shots. Would have liked to see some Carey and Zone. I certainly hope that the posters who keep putting JJ down watched this game.
lol

I just can’t believe we are probably missing the tourney 4 out of 5 years. Selection Sunday used to be something that brought me so much joy and excitement and it’s just not part of my life at the present time.

I
What I worry about, is what is our brand now? Are we still Syracuse where we can go out and get guys to portal in? I have to think we are . And my thinking is because of Fran Brown. If he can do it in football, it can be done in hoop. But I'm not sure. And that scares me. We need at least 3 good guys in the portal.
I feel it will be more than 3. I feel Red did not want to have the talk with a lot of the current players being just hired. After this season I do not see that as an issue. Mintz, Taylor, Hima, Carey and possibly McLeod I see moving on. With Benny gone that’s 6 open scholarships. Four guys from the portal. 2 aggressive bigs. A true point guard and a small forward.

What I worry about, is what is our brand now?
Not great. And they're hustling for season tickets sales. I'd certainly be curious as to what the gate and revenue trend is for home games over the last decade. I have good seats and my section is probably 75% filled every game at best.

I don't know what the NIL situation is compared to football nor do I know what our roster capabilities are. Just frustrating to see the same thing every year. Players playing out of position or incapable of more than one skill. Need serious talent infusion, but some new strategy as well. And I wouldn't think that it'd be a good look for Red if Chance, McLeod, Bell, and others transfer out after being brought in. I don't know. I need to see what happens. But if I sure as hell don't want to see guys taking 18 shots to get 14 points again or being promised the keys to the offense. Unless that guy is Melo. No one on Clemson took more than 10.

Not even a short modest thank you video for Girard during a timeout from the University? This is what I heard anyway.

Bush league if that is indeed the case.
Why? He left. My understanding was the JG3 could stay, but he wouldn't be getting the same minutes or the same role he had so he left. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's my understanding.

Yes Scott. We were negative 17 in rebounding, they killed us inside with their Bigs. We didn't have anyone to give Brown a rest. No rim protectors. Would have allowed Brown to play some at the four. Understand
Naheen could barely keep up with cornell’s center and you think he wouldn’t get carved by hall? Oh please… and brown didn’t play a single minute at the 4 before Naheen got hurt, that wasn’t changing.

Yes Scott. We were negative 17 in rebounding, they killed us inside with their Bigs. We didn't have anyone to give Brown a rest. No rim protectors. Would have allowed Brown to play some at the four. Understand
That would be relevant if McLeod could rebound and play good defense. Aside from a couple of flashes, nothing we have seen suggests that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom