Coach Boeheim | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Coach Boeheim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. If the last few years weren’t clear enough today cemented JB in that Beamer Bowden territory.

His kid would be excellent too if he had anyone other than JB coaching him and didn’t get misused.
Buddy is a perfectly fine ACC player. As a 5th option, 6th man, offense off the bench. 15+ minutes per game. He is by no definition a leading man 40 minute a game type. The #1 option on other ACC teams are lottery picks.

Buddy is a perfectly fine ACC player. As a 5th option, 6th man, offense off the bench. 15+ minutes per game. He is by no definition a leading man 40 minute a game type. The #1 option on other ACC teams are lottery picks.
Luke Hancock.
If Louisville doesn’t have Hancock they don’t win it all in 2013.

I think JB’s passion is for coaching his son. It’s the cherry on top of a long, successful career. Buddy will finish as one of the most prolific scorers in program history. I think that’s enough for him now
A poster in another thread termed the situation as fans being held hostage.
That clicked for me, but JB earned the right to coach Buddy and have everything on his terms.
Although fans are concerned about the direction of JB's train, we're just along for the ride.
JB will decide where the end of the line is for him -and fans will be left on the train to....
That's the big Q.

That clicked for me, but JB earned the right to coach Buddy and have everything on his terms.
Although fans are concerned about the direction of JB's train, we're just along for the ride.
JB will decide where the end of the line is for him -and fans will be left on the train to...
That's the big Q.
So the NCAA gave every player a free year of eligibility. What you are saying is if Buddy can come back that extra year JB is just staying as long as Buddy is around. How do we recruit?

Guards aren’t coming here. We need recruits and talent.
JB deserves respect but he isn’t above the health of the program.
The goodwill goes both ways.

I think JB’s passion is for coaching his son. It’s the cherry on top of a long, successful career. Buddy will finish as one of the most prolific scorers in program history. I think that’s enough for him now.
All the while SU fans suffer in silence.

Given the state of the football program it’s hard to imagine that the AD wouldn’t be concerned with a basketball program that’s on the decline. I am of the opinion that the retirement should have happened already. Over the past decade the university has had a couple of opportunities to part ways with JB but decided against it both times.

I think JB’s passion is for coaching his son. It’s the cherry on top of a long, successful career. Buddy will finish as one of the most prolific scorers in program history. I think that’s enough for him now.
Buddy has a potential two more years.

So the NCAA gave every player a free year of eligibility. What you are saying is if Buddy can come back that extra year JB is just staying as long as Buddy is around. How do we recruit?

Guards aren’t coming here. We need recruits and talent.
JB deserves respect but he isn’t above the health of the program.
The goodwill goes both ways.
I began with "fans being held hostage clicked for me".
The rest was my observation of what explains the situation, not an endorsement of it.
Think we're on the same page!

F86CBB50-7878-4D18-96CB-CED821A3A783.jpeg

JB will decide where the end of the line is for him -and fans will be left on the train to...
That's the big Q.

These two quotes are 100% of the problem.

That's the big Q.
Nobody earns that right in my opinion. JB is the ultimate stockpiler of wins. Nothing more. If you made me categorize his tenure I would say his teams overall have slightly underachieved

Unfortunately Jim has proven that he will not go easily. Hops situation was as unnatural as a jackalope. He is very fortunate that fans are not allowed this year. His stubbornness needs to be dealt with and soon. Remember this is the guy who made his family return an I phone. Lets hope he comes to his senses before it gets any uglier.

Actually, I think you defined what Girard’s role should be versus Buddy.

I hate to say it but I’m getting the Bobby Bowden, Frank Beamer feels for him. Boeheim and those guys are absolute legends but over welcomed their stay or didn’t know when to hang it up.

This program has been average and stale over the past 5+ years. I almost get the sense JB is coasting until retirement at this point knowing he’s not going to be fired. I think we need a change, we really do. No reason we should lose to Pitt twice in a season let alone get blown out in one, especially to a Jeff Capel coached team.

We can’t fool ourselves there has been a huge drop off in talent the last 5ish years. JB has been TERRIBLE coaching this season. Like legitimately horrible, I think the game is starting to pass him by a bit. Straight up we need a change or it’s going to be like this until JB retires and it’s just going to be a huge hit to the Syracuse basketball brand. Do we want to be known as an elite program or a program that lives on the bubble every year? Your move JB and Wildhack
To all of you in the know, when is JB done? This has nothing to do with his legacy, opinions, politics, etc. I just want to know when he's done.

Unfortunately Jim has proven that he will not go easily. Hops situation was as unnatural as a jackalope. He is very fortunate that fans are not allowed this year. His stubbornness needs to be dealt with and soon. Remember this is the guy who made his family return an I phone. Lets hope he comes to his senses before it gets any uglier.

That‘s a polite way to say it!

Look, I am 65 this week. I had a very active week of work. Something that would not have registered 20 years ago. I am exhausted. Slept till 11 a.m. today. But to be more exact, is anyone as enthusiastic about their job after 10 years as they were in their first? After 20 years? After 30 years? After 40 years? We all know the answer to that question. It would not be natural if you were. Someone needs to have this talk with jb. The program is stale. The program is predictable. How about having a monster guy that can rebound for us? Or bull his way to the hoop? We can't because that guy won't be able to get out on the wings. You give something to get something. And not for nothing, our defense sucks. We wouldn't play a good man to man and we don't play a good zone.
Happy birthday, Dash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors