Coach K’s final year | Syracusefan.com

Coach K’s final year

SUOrangeSU

All Conference
I guess this upcoming year is his last...Supposenly, he told Zion, RJ and Cam that. Heard it again on the duke fan site too.

Wonder who would take over? Would have guess Hurley would have dipped his name in the pool but just signing to Uconn...

Last edited:
JB has 1027 actual wins, K 1100. If the NCAA gives Jim his wins back and Jim coaches through his son't 4 year career here, he could catch K. Of course, we would think he caught him anyway.

JB has 1027 actual wins, K 1100. If the NCAA gives Jim his wins back and Jim coaches through his son't 4 year career here, he could catch K. Of course, we would think he caught him anyway.
Say it is Ks last year and he gets 30 wins (1130)

I'd say Cuse could win reasonably over four years:

22 v 30 (-81)
25 (-56)
26 (-30)
27 (-3)

He needs K to get less than 30 this year or average 26 wins a year for next four years

Edit: Basically we need an outlier year where we go deep and get 30-32 wins to offset our historical average

That or Jim stays one year longer than we expect

Last edited:
his final year ? really ? where have i heard that before ????

I guess this upcoming year is his last...Supposenly, he told Zion, RJ and Cam that. Heard it again on the duke fan site too.

Wonder who would take over? Would have guess Hurley would have dipped his name in the pool but just signing to Uconn...

Heard it "again"? Got a link for either of these alleged Duke fan site reports that 2018-19 will be Coach K's last?

I'm calling this a hoax. It's certainly not appearing on the DBR board where it would appear if there were substance to this.

How nuts would it be if UW made it to the sweet 16 next year and Hopkins was offered K’s heir apparent

I don't doubt next year will be Coach K's last. I strongly doubt, however, that he told that to recruits, or anyone else except maybe his wife.

I'm relieved Capel took the Pitt job. I feared he was the likely replacement.

Coach K said recently he wants his replacement to have played and coached for him. That narrows it to about 6-8, none of whom have really distinguished themself as a head coaches.

The Duke administration is expecting (AD) Kevin White to select the next coach, not Coach K, but that seems unlikely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom