Coaches boxes | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Coaches boxes

Oh come on if they wanted to do it they could find the money. That is an excuse for not wanting to invest properly in the future of athletics. The dome is obsolete. Adding a roof, a big screen,and WiFi is lipstick on a pig.

Why do you assume they have access to unlimited financing for a sports arena?

Being a tad specific on purpose I assume - if you don't think the food lines are bad and the concourse is a problem, we aren't having the same experience.

I can't think of the last time I got food at the dome. If it's that big a deal most people can wait 4 hours between meals.

You won’t be getting any of the wider concourses aisles or leg room you want. Easy Money if you bet it’s a roof and scoreboard. I can see free ac in the future. After that minor insignificant upgrades will be the norm.

That turn both legs all the way to one side and squeeze them against the bench you’re sitting on while hoping your outer knee doesn’t catch the person’s butt grows really old by the time the game even starts. I wish there was an easy fix.

I’m not picky, I just like to watch the game and be reasonably comfortable doing so.

I am interested to see if the atmosphere is altered by a new roof. I’m sure if will “feel” different in there. I wonder if it will have any affect on crowd noise and acoustics?

That turn both legs all the way to one side and squeeze them against the bench you’re sitting on while hoping your outer knee doesn’t catch the person’s butt grows really old by the time the game even starts. I wish there was an easy fix.

I’m not picky, I just like to watch the game and be reasonably comfortable doing so.

I am interested to see if the atmosphere is altered by a new roof. I’m sure if will “feel” different in there. I wonder if it will have any affect on crowd noise and acoustics?
Agree on the seating. Better to have 45,000 reasonably comfortable seats for 95-98% of the games than leave the benches in for a one-off 50k game. The leg room is really tight and the aluminum is unforgiving after 3 hours. The roof will be cool but I think the new video display and lighting will really make a difference.

I can't think of the last time I got food at the dome. If it's that big a deal most people can wait 4 hours between meals.

I agree but that's also more money going to SU I think.

I hope a study was done on crowd noise. Also I think a huge asset is the heat in the early games. Adding ac nullifies home field advantage

You are right let's do away with all concessions.

What I'm saying is that if is a huge deal and inconvenience, choose your battles. If food is that important to you, given the infrastructure that exists, its going to be a PITA.

Maybe it costs too much to justify the bump in marginal revenue they are going to make in concessions.

Wider aisles/more leg room and wider concourses are mainly all I care about. The other stuff will be nice, but has no effect on me either way.
Same here. Wider concourses would be such a liberating experience. I don’t care about Francesca’s fine dining concession stand. I already have a data plan on my phone, and I can tolerate 1 hot game in September.

Same here. Wider concourses would be such a liberating experience. I don’t care about Francesca’s fine dining concession stand. I already have a data plan on my phone, and I can tolerate 1 hot game in September.

What do you think it would cost to knock out the dome walls and rebuild and to redo all the seating which would also include having to redo all that concrete?

What do you think it would cost to knock out the dome walls and rebuild and to redo all the seating which would also include having to redo all that concrete?
I’m not concerned about the seats. Redo the seating in 10 years or only for prime donation sections.

The concourses affect everything else. It affects how you can reimagine concessions and restrooms. It affects where you can add escalators and elevators. It affects whether they can add skyboxes above the 300 end zone seating. And it can encourage people to spend more money buying food if they think they can get around more freely and not have to hold their bladder like a dog.

So yes, don’t spend money on the scoreboard, WiFi and lights. It can wait.

I’m not concerned about the seats. Redo the seating in 10 years or only for prime donation sections.

The concourses affect everything else. It affects how you can reimagine concessions and restrooms. It affects where you can add escalators and elevators. It affects whether they can add skyboxes above the 300 end zone seating. And it can encourage people to spend more money buying food if they think they can get around more freely and not have to hold their bladder like a dog.

So yes, don’t spend money on the scoreboard, WiFi and lights. It can wait.

That’s the problem. You think kicking out and rebuilding the walls is equal to the scoreboard, WiFi and lighting.

That’s the problem. You think kicking out and rebuilding the walls is equal to the scoreboard, WiFi and lighting.
if this stadium is suppose to last another 50 years and you spend 200 million or whateve it costs to expand the concourses it would be worth every penny. The problem is su will not do anything unless they absolutely have to. They waited too long in firing a few coaches they kept arch way too long, they refused to fund the football team properly for decades. They will do the bare minimum and say how they fully back everything, it’s a flat out joke and they still live by the thinking as we are the only horse in town bs.

Last edited:
I don’t know about “obsolete”. There’s so many “name” football and basketball programs who play in much older stadiums that are solely about watching the game. How old is the “Big House”, like 90? How old is Cameron? Allen Field House? This is college, not the NBA/NFL.

Wider aisles/more leg room and wider concourses are mainly all I care about. The other stuff will be nice, but has no effect on me either way.

The lack of A/C simply makes me go to the football games(I’m usually a 1-2 per season guy) where it’s not going to be a factor. But I imagine it will help attendance a bit for those early games.

After going to the BC game at the end of the year, returning to the Dome will be like a palace. Can’t imagine the whining some folks would do if we played where the Eagles do. I’ve been to HS stadiums better than that.

Of this stadium is suppose to last another 50 years and you spend 200 million or whateve it costs to expand the concourses it would be worth every penny. The problem is su will not do anything unless they absolutely have to. They waited too long in firing a few coaches they kept arch way too long, they refused to fund the football team properly for decades. They will do the bare minimum and say how they fully back everything, it’s a flat out joke and they still live by the thinking as we are the only horse in town bs.

Well we have to do the roof which is probably the largest share of the $118m. So now you’re going to add $200m to it right now. Where’s that coming from?

Well we have to do the roof which is probably the largest share of the $118m. So now you’re going to add $200m to it right now. Where’s that coming from?
Well you find raise, donations, and take a loan out for the rest. 56k per student plus Acc money, bowl money, ticket sales, beer sales, dome dog sales, parking sales, state money, county money, city money, the money they didn’t spend for year funding football and basketball staff... don’t try and convince anyone they can’t afford whatever it takes cause they can. It’s funny when they thought they were getting state money they had no problem leaking pics of a dome that’s expanded.

Well you find raise, donations, and take a loan out for the rest. 56k per student plus Acc money, bowl money, ticket sales, beer sales, dome dog sales, parking sales, state money, county money, city money, the money they didn’t spend for year funding football and basketball staff... don’t try and convince anyone they can’t afford whatever it takes cause they can. It’s funny when they thought they were getting state money they had no problem leaking pics of a dome that’s expanded.

Yea, that’s not how it works. Maybe phase 3 will make you a little bit happier.

State money or just speculation?

Who said they have to do all 4 sides at once? Get naming rights for each gate. Instead of gate N we have the wegmans gate, the SRC gate, etc. and I believe the expanded footprint renderings only show the bottom third of each wall affected. Start with the arch connection and the basketball endzone and go from there.

Everything is expensive. No shist. It’s about having a vision, recognizing this is a 40-year decision and being creative and determined to make it happen instead of making excuses.

Who said they have to do all 4 sides at once? Get naming rights for each gate. Instead of gate N we have the wegmans gate, the SRC gate, etc. and I believe the expanded footprint renderings only show the bottom third of each wall affected. Start with the arch connection and the basketball endzone and go from there.

Everything is expensive. No shist. It’s about having a vision, recognizing this is a 40-year decision and being creative and determined to make it happen instead of making excuses.
Maybe it IS a 40-year decision. Maybe they think football as we know it won’t be around in 40 years.i know I won’t be. Maybe it will all be virtual football robots controlled by smart phones from your couch.

And where’s all this money coming from right now? There is $118m right now. After the required roof replacement and ADA upgrades, how much is left? How much wall will that get done?

And where’s all this money coming from right now? There is $118m right now. After the required roof replacement and ADA upgrades, how much is left? How much wall will that get done?
Berlin_wall_3D_model_by_Andreas_Piel_001.jpg1c824739-8015-49c9-8da6-8a7bf5f25577Original.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom