Coaching Staff and Potential Changes | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Coaching Staff and Potential Changes

Sleepless in Syracuse wont be released to critical acclaim.

Process should not be drawn out leaving long term employees in limbo.

Know it comes with territory but imagine your retention being hotly speculated and debated by the public and media for weeks.

Maybe the AD should undergo a assessment on his handlings that should have been ongoing and less acidulous to parties regardless of any ultimate decisions.

One would think that for all the things "we" don't know in the public domain, those involved probably do know what's going on.

One would think that for all the things "we" don't know in the public domain, those involved probably do know what's going on.

I think we'd be surprised to hear that the staff themselves do not actually know what their status is; but thats what I believe.

I saw Rogers at the CBA vs Westhill game earlier this week recruiting, so as far as it goes for him, he must feel he's still got a job at Syracuse.

I keep refreshing expecting some sort of news to break and nothing but crickets...

The Friday Evening News Dump.

If Desko was getting fired, it would have been at 4:45 pm tonight.
sorry... this ^^^. it regenerates monday. if he/they makes it to next friday deadline, rumors floated on fb from guys at stringer shack or not, desko and co. survived the 95% axe time frame.

If they’re recruiting, they’re not getting fired. I’d like to think the university would at least have the courtesy to let them know they were being fired before the public. Otherwise, the university is letting them embarrass themselves by going out and recruiting. And that would just be wrong.

FWIW a poster on FanLax, who I believe is pretty dialed in to the workings of the lacrosse world, has said the recent move of Gait to the men’s team is, “not a joke”. He goes on to say, “first issue that had to be overcome was successor with women’s team. Couple of others too. If they are resolved should be an announcement soon. Don’t count chickens etc.”

Also, “Nothing has been announced yet so there must be pieces in motion but it is not a joke either. Still a couple of other changes that may or may not occur but are being considered”. Obviously that is pretty vague. He is a Hopkins fan so this all may be a well delivered joke, but thought it was worth sharing here.

FWIW a poster on FanLax, who I believe is pretty dialed in to the workings of the lacrosse world, has said the recent move of Gait to the men’s team is, “not a joke”. He goes on to say, “first issue that had to be overcome was successor with women’s team. Couple of others too. If they are resolved should be an announcement soon. Don’t count chickens etc.”

Also, “Nothing has been announced yet so there must be pieces in motion but it is not a joke either. Still a couple of other changes that may or may not occur but are being considered”. Obviously that is pretty vague. He is a Hopkins fan so this all may be a well delivered joke, but thought it was worth sharing here.
K-Train?

If it sounds too good to be true...

Gotta say this would be a 180 from I had heard for years about Gait and the men's team. Not a shocking outcome of it really happened but pretty close.

That poster was a former moderator at laxpower I believe, don't think he's joking at all. In fact in the thread itself he said it wasn't a joke.

Gary won’t leave the women’s team until he wins a championship with them next year very well maybe one of his best chances.I do think he would be the best choice for the Syracuse Men’s program when Desko retires.Despite what many others have said on here about the game passing him bye Paul Carcaterra referred to Gary as a tactical genius in both the men’s and women’s games on yardsale last week he is incredibly respected and relevant by everyone in the game. Just to play along it is interesting that Alyssa Murray-Commeti is moving back to NY from TX where in NY I’m not certain but she would be on the shortlist of SU alums considered for the coaching staff

I think we'd be surprised to hear that the staff themselves do not actually know what their status is; but thats what I believe.

I saw Rogers at the CBA vs Westhill game earlier this week recruiting, so as far as it goes for him, he must feel he's still got a job at Syracuse.

Was he definitely recruiting? Or just going to a local game?

He was there watching his son play.

When Coach Gait moves on, his player/coaching tree offers up a great opportunity for an all women’s staff of x Cuse players!

Evident that 98% of the people who post in the lacrosse forum have ZERO clue what they are talking about. That goes for the future of the program, analysis of the game, comments on personnel, etc. Absolute Joke!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom