Coaching Staff and Potential Changes | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Coaching Staff and Potential Changes

Evident that 98% of the people who post in the lacrosse forum have ZERO clue what they are talking about. That goes for the future of the program, analysis of the game, comments on personnel, etc. Absolute Joke!
I don't think posters with ZERO clue are the problem as they are easy to dismiss. The real problem is that a lot of lacrosse posters (and media) are 20-30% clueless - and mix false, clueless stuff amongst true stuff. Many others have trouble picking out the false, clueless stuff, and start believing it is true - and often tend to propagate it themselves.

Evident that 98% of the people who post in the lacrosse forum have ZERO clue what they are talking about. That goes for the future of the program, analysis of the game, comments on personnel, etc. Absolute Joke!
Come again?

Gary won’t leave the women’s team until he wins a championship with them next year very well maybe one of his best chances.I do think he would be the best choice for the Syracuse Men’s program when Desko retires.Despite what many others have said on here about the game passing him bye Paul Carcaterra referred to Gary as a tactical genius in both the men’s and women’s games on yardsale last week he is incredibly respected and relevant by everyone in the game. Just to play along it is interesting that Alyssa Murray-Commeti is moving back to NY from TX where in NY I’m not certain but she would be on the shortlist of SU alums considered for the coaching staff
Yard Sale segment talking about Gary Gait:

Yeah...Ok.

Can't see any of that happening. Would be interesting though!

Desko was on the road recruiting earlier this week. (I guess it could be a forced retirement)
As far as i know, Gait has never given an indication that he's interested in switching to the men's side of the game.
Petro to Cuse just seems wrong.
Spallina just had a NYT feature story focused on how his mindset revolves around competing against the blue bloods, like Syracuse.

Whitey23

Your right he doesn't, must be his nephew and I have my wires crossed as usual
Correct and daughter is older than his son who plays FB for Nebraska.

What does the director of operations do anyway? I’ve never understood this position.

Lafayette has an ad for that position on Indeed.com right now... here is their description:

"The Director of Lacrosse Operations will oversee all special events including alumni weekend, official visit weekend, and all career networking functions. The DOLO will assist the recruiting coordinator with mailers, weekly communications and will oversee all social media platforms and branding initiatives. The applicant should be able to manage and coordinate team travel, on-campus Leopard Lacrosse camps, and gameday responsibilities. The DOLO will directly assist the Head Coach with alumni relations and fundraising for the annual operating budget, which includes quarterly newsletters, email blasts, events, and communication with the lacrosse executive committee. The DOLO will be responsible for ordering and managing all equipment needs for the program. Other duties as assigned by Head Coach and Athletic Administration."

Lafayette has an ad for that position on Indeed.com right now... here is their description:

"The Director of Lacrosse Operations will oversee all special events including alumni weekend, official visit weekend, and all career networking functions. The DOLO will assist the recruiting coordinator with mailers, weekly communications and will oversee all social media platforms and branding initiatives. The applicant should be able to manage and coordinate team travel, on-campus Leopard Lacrosse camps, and gameday responsibilities. The DOLO will directly assist the Head Coach with alumni relations and fundraising for the annual operating budget, which includes quarterly newsletters, email blasts, events, and communication with the lacrosse executive committee. The DOLO will be responsible for ordering and managing all equipment needs for the program. Other duties as assigned by Head Coach and Athletic Administration."
Huh. How about that. I thought it was just a way to have a 5th coach on the sideline.

Huh. How about that. I thought it was just a way to have a 5th coach on the sideline.
I’m sure there’s a lot of variation from school to school

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom