Coaching Staff | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Coaching Staff

Lynch was Co-OC/OL in 2016 and 2017. In 2018 and 2019 he was OC/RB.

I don't have the encyclopedic memory some of you seem to have. Was he a good OL coach in 2016 and 2017? You know, I kinda worry about the OL... Feel free to discuss among yourselves.

I don't have the encyclopedic memory some of you seem to have. Was he a good OL coach in 2016 and 2017? You know, I kinda worry about the OL... Feel free to discuss among yourselves.
I don't think most were impressed seeing as the oline has been a weakness since Dino has been here.

I don't think most were impressed seeing as the oline has been a weakness since Dino has been here.

It wasn't a weakness in 2018.

The improvement in the last 3 games of 2019 should be encouraging to people. Deadweight was removed (or I should say quit on its own) and others were put in the best position for their skillset.

Bleich will improve the unit too, even if he can't play right away (I hope he can). But a talent like that can help others step up their game.

I think we're going to see something very different than much of 2019. It's not going to be the hogs of Redskins past, but it also shouldn't be giving up 15 sacks a game with no holes for the RBs.

The improvement in the last 3 games of 2019 should be encouraging to people. Deadweight was removed (or I should say quit on its own) and others were put in the best position for their skillset.

Bleich will improve the unit too, even if he can't play right away (I hope he can). But a talent like that can help others step up their game.

I think we're going to see something very different than much of 2019. It's not going to be the hogs of Redskins past, but it also shouldn't be giving up 15 sacks a game with no holes for the RBs.
It was average. Dungey covered a lot up. Regardless, Cavanaugh was the oline coach in 2018, not Lynch. My reply was to a comment about the oline under Lynch.

Agree with everything except the 2018 comment. The oline was a weakness. Gave up 38 sacks that year and if ED had not scrambled away from some it would have been worse. Our oline performance is relative. It was garbage and then the last 3 games it was better, from the baseline of garbage. Lots and lots of room for improvement on oline. We are getting the pieces.

The issue was the center position.

just like baseball be good up the middle and you can fix the other pieces.. hardest thing for an offense to overcome is not controlling the middle of the field.

Mullen stated it was a hardship transfer. That should support immediate eligibility. That would be huge

Mullen stated it was a hardship transfer. That should support immediate eligibility. That would be huge

We could use a break like that. Slot him in for Adams and away we go.

just like baseball be good up the middle and you can fix the other pieces.. hardest thing for an offense to overcome is not controlling the middle of the field.
Could say the key on the OL and TE is controlling the edges. The QB can roll away from the middle rush, and if the OTs and TE can control the DEs, there is always a chance to make plays.

He's going under the knife. Not sure for what but that might interfere with playing in the Fall even if he gets his hardship waiver.

He's going under the knife. Not sure for what but that might interfere with playing in the Fall even if he gets his hardship waiver.

Season starts in 7.5 months. Plenty of time to recover. Depending on what the injury is of course

It sounds like one way or another we’ve confirmed every coach on the staff except Martin and Cavanaugh. It sounds like Martin is gone based on his twitter profile update.

Lustig
Arnett
Gilbert
Lynch
Ferri
Cavanaugh
Reynolds
Monroe
Stanard

Assuming Cavanaugh remains on staff, that leaves 1 opening?
Agree it seems that Martin and Cavanaugh are the 2 question marks, though it is possible they switch around responsibilities and they both stay. The fact that they've been so quiet tells me it hasn't been decided yet. One good recruiter, please.

Agree it seems that Martin and Cavanaugh are the 2 question marks, though it is possible they switch around responsibilities and they both stay. The fact that they've been so quiet tells me it hasn't been decided yet. One good recruiter, please.
The problem is if Lynch is still here but demoted, will that be a problem. Might be better if he moved on.

The problem is if Lynch is still here but demoted, will that be a problem. Might be better if he moved on.
Or it might not be. I would hope Dino would have a feel for the relationships he has with long time assistance and has likely had discussions with them. Maybe Lynch recognized and admitted he can't run the offense the way Dino wants it to be.

He may think his best career move is to stay put, seeing as his OC resume is probably not strong enough to get him a job as an OC at another P5 program.

Or it might not be. I would hope Dino would have a feel for the relationships he has with long time assistance and has likely had discussions with them. Maybe Lynch recognized and admitted he can't run the offense the way Dino wants it to be.

He may think his best career move is to stay put, seeing as his OC resume is probably not strong enough to get him a job as an OC at another P5 program.
Or maybe he really does feel that strongly about where this program is headed and wants to be part of the ride, whatever that may mean as far as titles/duties/etc.

Just a matter of time before Matt Maddox is anounced as OL coach to replace Cavanaugh

that depends on how it’s handled and Lynch’s ability to swallow any ego... both of which are really hard to measure from the outside
Well, it sounds like he's still recruiting, so I'm guessing he's going to stay around. If he decides to leave, there's a million RB coaches out there and is a perfect spot to bring in a good recruiter.

Dino might be giving both time to find other opportunities. Better to leave than be fired.

Blair Cavanaugh has been retweeting stuff from SU football as recently as yesterday. I think the Cavanaughs are still part of La Familia.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom