Cobra Kai | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Cobra Kai

just finished binge watching the whole thing. Not sure exactly why I feel this way, but man this is the best television if not forever, then a long long time. And, yay, season five will happen.

And six! They've announced that they've green lit TWO additional seasons.

What’s well done is that every character on this show has light and dark aspects of their character. Daniel tries to be a good man but he’s rigid, doctrinaire and has huge blind spots and lack of self awareness.

Jonnies issues he’s been spinning his wheels and refusing to grow up and using his past failures and father figures to excuse his life at the start. He’s come along way in becoming a responsible adult. they do a good job of not having the kids play narrow archetypes

a lot more nuance than you would expect

Last edited:
just finished binge watching the whole thing. Not sure exactly why I feel this way, but man this is the best television if not forever, then a long long time. And, yay, season five will happen.

What’s well done is that every character on this show has light and dark aspects of their character. Daniel tries to be a good man but he’s rigid, doctrinaire and has huge blind spots and lack of self awareness.

Jonnies issues he’s been spinning his wheels and refusing to grow up and using his past failures and father figures to excuse his life at the start. He’s come along way in becoming a responsible adult. they do a good job of not having the kids play narrow archetypes

a lot more nuance than you would expect
It’s clear that the creators/show runners grew up loving the Karate Kid movies and it shows in their work. This was never a cash grab. It’s a labor of love by real fans with real talent.

I feel the same way about Kevin Feige with the MCU and Jon Favreau with Star Wars. It sounds like the guys behind the new Scream are also in that mold.

It's may be the corniest thing I have ever seen (that may be hyperbole, but you get my point). But, I like that they lean into it and are not pretentious. I generally enjoy watching though.

It's may be the corniest thing I have ever seen (that may be hyperbole, but you get my point). But, I like that they lean into it and are not pretentious. I generally enjoy watching though.
I was starting to hate watch, but season 4 won me back over. Best season yet, IMO.

They finished filming the next season back in early December so it should be on Netflix by this summer
I wouldn’t count on that. Still needs to go through post-production. I’m expecting another NYE release, maybe a few months earlier.

“Tell your brain to tell your legs to move their asses!”
-Johnny Lawrence

I finally got to watch season 4. It's such a fun show. My wife caught a little of the season finale. She hadn't seen any of the show at all to that point but said "this show has some cheesy moments, huh?" And I couldn't say she's wrong, but the thing is, those moments are just so well earned.

Loved the Kreese and Silver dynamic. Kreese is comfortable being the most evil man in the room, then his responses are pretty interesting running into someone that crosses lines even he won't.

The actor that plays Sting Ray is a really talented dude, btw. Excellent actor.

I finally got to watch season 4. It's such a fun show. My wife caught a little of the season finale. She hadn't seen any of the show at all to that point but said "this show has some cheesy moments, huh?" And I couldn't say she's wrong, but the thing is, those moments are just so well earned.

Loved the Kreese and Silver dynamic. Kreese is comfortable being the most evil man in the room, then his responses are pretty interesting running into someone that crosses lines even he won't.

The actor that plays Sting Ray is a really talented dude, btw. Excellent actor.

When I read your posts I picture you as Sting Ray talking.

When I read your posts I picture you as Sting Ray talking.
Thank you.

cobra-kai.gif

Stingray’s return was so great and welcomed. I was clapping loudly at the beginning of that episode.
On a show with a lot of fun characters, he brings a lot to the mix.

So who do we think is next to make a return? That absurd opponent from Karate Kid 3? It might be fun if Silver digs up that maniac again.

Also makes me wonder if they’ll make note of the fact that Daniel actually won his second All-Valley by scoring only a single point in the entire tournament!

Imagine going to the NCAA Tournament, somehow getting a bye to the championship game, then scoring zero points in regulation while the other team repeatedly dunks on you, only to then dunk on their own basket to keep the game tied, go to overtime in which you hit one free throw and they just call it good and give you the trophy. That’s the 1985 All Valley Under 18 Karate Tournament in a nutshell. There’s no way this show won’t flog that for some laughs!

So who do we think is next to make a return? That absurd opponent from Karate Kid 3? It might be fun if Silver digs up that maniac again.

Also makes me wonder if they’ll make note of the fact that Daniel actually won his second All-Valley by scoring only a single point in the entire tournament!

Imagine going to the NCAA Tournament, somehow getting a bye to the championship game, then scoring zero points in regulation while the other team repeatedly dunks on you, only to then dunk on their own basket to keep the game tied, go to overtime in which you hit one free throw and they just call it good and give you the trophy. That’s the 1985 All Valley Under 18 Karate Tournament in a nutshell. There’s no way this show won’t flog that for some laughs!

Given the show's propensity to bring back characters from the movies, it has to be the Bad Boy.

Plus, that makes sense, given that Silver is now the main antagonist.

Hillary Swank!

(I never saw that movie. I just assume it's the Rocky V of Karate Kid movies).

Hillary Swank!

I vaguely recall watching the Hillary Swank one. Couldn't tell you a single detail. Maybe at one point she jumps on a car?

But I'm down for her to show up in Cobra Kai.

Hillary Swank!

It’s a ridiculous movie with an absurd ending. So yeah, pretty much Rocky V.

The monks are funny, though.

I vaguely recall watching the Hillary Swank one. Couldn't tell you a single detail. Maybe at one point she jumps on a car?

But I'm down for her to show up in Cobra Kai.
She does jump on a car, yes.

Mike Barnes.

And yeah, the tournament setup was silly. Didn’t Johnny say something about it this past season?

Mike Barnes.

And yeah, the tournament setup was silly. Didn’t Johnny say something about it this past season?

He just expressed disbelief that they let him advance right to the final. There's so much more though since he really did only ever score a single point.

Actually, Cobra Kai made me realize that I had never seen Karate Kid 3 so we recently watched it. An absolutely awful movie but in context of Cobra Kai, I loved it.

Who is everyone’s favorite characters? There’s gotta be one of those fantasy draft things for this where you put together the best team with each character being a certain amount of points or whatever.

I’d say Silver is my favorite. He’s hands down the best fighter in the Valley and is also a complete maniac, but since he got off the coke, he’s very cunning also. The inevitable fight between him and Chozen is going to be epic! That’s the only guy who could match Silver in fighting skills and in raw insanity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom