Cole Swider returning ??? | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Cole Swider returning ???

Not sure if in person recruiting is allowed but if it is the whole staff should fly and meet with mintz
Should send that message to the coaching staff if you have insider connections

Honestly from what dasher has been indicating, and in line with what kcsu posted above, I'm really starting to believe he's essentially treating next season as a sacrificial transition season, throwing his "fab 5" to the wolves so that they've got that experience for the next coach, so they're the foundation of the program for the next few years
That’s not JB. He only lives in the moment. I just don’t think this staff has a grasp on the talent needed to win at a top 25 level. They have not recruited top tier recruits and don’t even seem to evaluate ACC level players that it takes to be top three in the conference. JB likes cerebral players, not tough, physical, aggressive types. That’s why Paul Harris was such an odd fit for SU. He would have been a beast at Pitt with Jaimie Dixson. We don’t have a physical player on the roster. Symir is the closest.

That’s not JB. He only lives in the moment. I just don’t think this staff has a grasp on the talent needed to win at a top 25 level. They have not recruited top tier recruits and don’t even seem to evaluate ACC level players that it takes to be top three in the conference. JB likes cerebral players, not tough, physical, aggressive types. That’s why Paul Harris was such an odd fit for SU. He would have been a beast at Pitt with Jaimie Dixson. We don’t have a physical player on the roster. Symir is the closest.
He saw the need to go after Mintz.
How/why would he then not continue that pursuit of a guard similar to Mintz?

Maybe I should say he can’t get commits from players that can put us in the top three in the conference. I think he over estimates what he can get done with what he brings in.
would definitely agree

He saw the need to go after Mintz.
How/why would he then not continue that pursuit of a guard similar to Mintz?
Going after Mintz or any talented player takes more than one visit. I wonder if JB calls or text the kid let alone getting his arse on a plane to visit

I would expect our coaching staff is chomping at the bit to improve this team.
r61ivi6t5s581.jpg

Am I doing this right, CuseFaninVT? Maybe HOFCeluck can chime in?

I will simply say if we lose who we’re expecting to lose and don’t hit the portal hard, I think we’ll likely be praying we can go 16-17 again.

Agree. Which means its stupid to give JB another year. The ACC is down hire the best coach on the market once the tournament ends.

Not sure thats a tourney team
That’s the truth. Nobody is sure. Kids change and develop or not. Boom or bust. Chemistry is there, develops or doesn’t. The same could have been said about this year preseason.

That’s the truth. Nobody is sure. Kids change and develop or not. Boom or bust. Chemistry is there, develops or doesn’t. The same could have been said about this year preseason.

Weve had teams in the past that were unquestionably tourney teams. Now, the program is filled with doubt. I actually think this year’s team was half decent, could’ve been a tourney team if we didnt get some bad breaks, and if JB wasnt stubborn with rotations and defense. I think next year’s team could be a disaster. None of those freshmen are ready for college imo. Hope im wrong.

Weve had teams in the past that were unquestionably tourney teams. Now, the program is filled with doubt. I actually think this year’s team was half decent, could’ve been a tourney team if we didnt get some bad breaks, and if JB wasnt stubborn with rotations and defense. I think next year’s team could be a disaster. None of those freshmen are ready for college imo. Hope im wrong.
I stand corrected. The question has not always been there. Although there was that one team which dropped off the cliff due to interpersonal problems.

With the exception of Jess, Symir, GIII and yes Benny, everyone else is a placeholder for the next 4 years. Everyone else needs to just leave. Anyone else simply slows the growth of the team. While no one wishes Cole Swider ill will, but what does he bring to the table? He is seen as a placeholder for the next forward. He falls down a lot. Barely can dribble with his left hand. Easily chewed up by athletic ACC forwards. His defense is less than inspiring. Does he make his teammates better? Did Jimmy and Buddy make their teammates better? Go with the portal/recruiting or someone who can bring length, athleticism, defense and who doesn't look to shoot every time they touch the ball. Why have him for another year when we need someone for four year? Next year looks bleak and we have to come to grips with that. It's just a great time to wipe the slate clean.

With the exception of Jess, Symir, GIII and yes Benny, everyone else is a placeholder for the next 4 years. Everyone else needs to just leave. Anyone else simply slows the growth of the team. While no one wishes Cole Swider ill will, but what does he bring to the table? He is seen as a placeholder for the next forward. He falls down a lot. Barely can dribble with his left hand. Easily chewed up by athletic ACC forwards. His defense is less than inspiring. Does he make his teammates better? Did Jimmy and Buddy make their teammates better? Go with the portal/recruiting or someone who can bring length, athleticism, defense and who doesn't look to shoot every time they touch the ball. Why have him for another year when we need someone for four year? Next year looks bleak and we have to come to grips with that. It's just a great time to wipe the slate clean.
Where do I start. Cole helps us to possible win . He can score the ball. he shot 41% from 3. He was our second leader on the boards. That is a good place to start. This imaginary player that you want us to get from the portal, we don't have him right now. And I would rather not have to look back on this past season as the good old days. And a forward combo of Benny and one of the frosh, that is what it would look like. I want Cole back. I also want a portal forward. I don't think Jb will go for one. That is on him. We need a portal guard as well. The idea isn't to rip away good players on the hope that we can portal a better one. And why in the world in your view isn't Symir a placeholder. He couldn't play at Marq and he didn't play here. He had a couple of good games. Very good good games. But for most of the season, he wasn't all that good when he did get a chance. You listed things that Cole doesn't do well. How about Symir and shooting? I want Symir back. But not as a starter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom