Cole Swider returning ??? | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Cole Swider returning ???

Cole Swider is a difference maker on offense. Replacing a difference maker on offense with an inept offensive player doesn't solve any issues. Cole is a player I very much hope returns. By the end of the year he was the best player on the team in my opinion.
I would add that we’re already losing our main offensive creator in Buddy and one of our main guys in Jimmy. If we lose Cole as well as we will have incredibly few shot makers barring some major development from our other guys.

Symir was ranked nowhere near the top 100 portal transfers last season, and Cole was in the bottom half of the 100. We didn’t work the portal very hard last season.

Not work it hard? We worked it as hard as we work HS recruiting. We took 3 guys from the portal. For a basketball team that's probably considered pounding the portal.

I get it, there's a segment of posters who think its a great idea to build a basketball team with portal transfers. I think that's 'generally' something done with 2nd rate programs. So far we are 0-1 with the portal.

Cole Swider is a difference maker on offense. Replacing a difference maker on offense with an inept offensive player doesn't solve any issues. Cole is a player I very much hope returns. By the end of the year he was the best player on the team in my opinion.

He's only a difference maker if he has wide open shots. He can't create anything off the dribble.

Not work it hard? We worked it as hard as we work HS recruiting. We took 3 guys from the portal. For a basketball team that's probably considered pounding the portal.

I get it, there's a segment of posters who think its a great idea to build a basketball team with portal transfers. I think that's 'generally' something done with 2nd rate programs. So far we are 0-1 with the portal.
We took 3 guys from the portal? 2 were from Syracuse. That isn't exactly pounding the pavement. One of the two lived at the coaches home.

We took 3 guys from the portal? 2 were from Syracuse. That isn't exactly pounding the pavement. One of the two lived at the coaches home.
Trivia question:

Is Jimmy Boeheim the only player in NCAA or (W)NBA history, to play on a court inscribed with his (or her) name?

(I don't know the answer, but assume so).

Last edited:
there's a handful of teams on that list not in the tournament either. Wake, Minnesota, Virginia, Iowa State, Oklahoma, Xavier
Except ISU is in the tournament. And Oklahoma, Wake, Xavier all could have been if a game went a different way. Virginia is obviously a quality team most years too.

Anyway... that is not the point.

I would add that we’re already losing our main offensive creator in Buddy and one of our main guys in Jimmy. If we lose Cole as well as we will have incredibly few shot makers barring some major development from our other guys.

If we want to win we better be top 10 in adj def if not better.

What cost us games this year besides the inbounds pass debacles? Mostly offense or defense? Is Swider a difference maker on defense?
I didn't read all the replies to your post but Cole back would absolutely improve the outlook for next season. 1000%. It does not make us a top 25 team. It does bring back a proven guy.

We should all be cheering Cole Swider returns next season, while fully understanding other moves are necessary to build a top 25 team, all while acknowledging that he might decide to move based on his priorities.

I didn't read all the replies to your post but Cole back would absolutely improve the outlook for next season. 1000%. It does not make us a top 25 team. It does bring back a proven guy.

We should all be cheering Cole Swider returns next season, while fully understanding other moves are necessary to build a top 25 team, all while acknowledging that he might decide to move based on his priorities.

Yeah good lord the kid was huge down the stretch on both ends.

lol. Joe Girard as the high-volume scorer for a p5 team. OK, yeah, that's gonna end well
Joe has a really good chance to average 20+ points a game next season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom