Cole Swider returning ??? | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Cole Swider returning ???

Yes he does. I have strong suspicion that Benny is going to show he is a far superior athlete than one dimensional Swider. Swider is a placeholder for Benny. Swider if he does not shoot well, he is basically a 35 minute player who gets a couple of rebounds. Benny is the 3 year future starting next year. On defense Swider plays on roller skates.
Would rather have last year’s Swider than last year’s Benny. Superior athletic ability doesn’t make you a superior basketball player. (Paul Harris v Andy Rautins, for instance).

Wouldn’t need to if he is at 40%. 5/12 from 3 and a couple of FGs and FTs. Done
That would be great, and where are the other 35-45 pts coming from in a roster of unprepared freshmen and minus the Boeheims/Swider?

Need to turn the page on ISO the Boeheim's and Swider. That ship has sailed.
Meaningless words. Now if JB doesn't hit the portal hard just because Swider stays, then you've got something, but to paraphrase, Paulo Banchero isn't walking through that door.

Last edited:
That would be great, and where are the other 35-45 pts coming from in a roster of unprepared freshmen and minus the Boeheims/Swider?
That wasn’t the question, and it’s not my job.

From what i’ve heard Swider is gone. Don’t need to believe me but I have a damn solid source

Nothing so far since the season ended has pointed towards a likely return either. Absent an announcement, this past week has felt like the writing is on the wall. So not surprising to see this.

Nothing so far since the season ended has pointed towards a likely return either. Absent an announcement, this past week has felt like the writing is on the wall. So not surprising to see this.
What's the source?

What's the source?

I posted an IG post Cole shared several days ago in another thread. Basically he mentioned how great it was playing with this group despite the upside and downs and that no matter what comes next, Go Orange.

Feel free to check with the source on confirming what that means...

If we go 0-2 on Mintz and Cole coming back, we need at *least* three portal players.

I’m not even sure if the scholarships allow a fourth, but we need at least three if this is the case.
I think 2 would suffice, a G and an F, if they're the type of impactful players we need. But yes, as 0307 notes above, it's looking like JB thinks he can just roll with his returners and his frosh. He thinks a starting forward tandem of Benny/Bunch is a winning formula. Unreal. The excuses and rationalizing we'll hear throughout the season will be *chef's kiss*

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom