Cole Swider returning ??? | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Cole Swider returning ???

Having two other capable shooters creates shots for Joe, along with kick outs. Cole created as many shots for himself as Joe did.
xactly - many of Joe's looks this year resulted from the attention paid to Buddy/Cole - I just have a hard time seeing Joe getting those looks as the featured scorer/defensive focus, or making shots with that kind of focus on him

We’ve had a few players who couldn’t create their own shot, but we’re important to team success.

James Southerland and Andy Rautins are prime examples. We won a lot of games because of those players. You need catch and shoot guys to balance the offense.

Without Cole we have a massive hole on the wing from a shooting perspective. Benny and the new guys don’t have that skill at the moment.

All Swider supporters will have to attend counseling if and when he decides to not play an extra year. Will you support Benny next year if Swider leaves - having excoriated him here? Or will you blame our recruiting assistant coaches should he not have a good year?

All Swider supporters will have to attend counseling if and when he decides to not play an extra year. Will you support Benny next year if Swider leaves - having excoriated him here? Or will you blame our recruiting assistant coaches should he not have a good year?
Benny has nothing to do with Swider. We need both players and we need Benny to make significant improvements. If he does not we will need a portal forward.

Benny has nothing to do with Swider. We need both players and we need Benny to make significant improvements. If he does not we will need a portal forward.
Yes he does. I have strong suspicion that Benny is going to show he is a far superior athlete than one dimensional Swider. Swider is a placeholder for Benny. Swider if he does not shoot well, he is basically a 35 minute player who gets a couple of rebounds. Benny is the 3 year future starting next year. On defense Swider plays on roller skates.

Awful post. Not sure why you hate Cole so much. And Benny has nothing to do with Cole.

Yes he does. I have strong suspicion that Benny is going to show he is a far superior athlete than one dimensional Swider. Swider is a placeholder for Benny. Swider if he does not shoot well, he is basically a 35 minute player who gets a couple of rebounds. Benny is the 3 year future starting next year. On defense he plays on roller skates.

They would play together. It's not one vs the other good lord. Wake up.

Yes he does. I have strong suspicion that Benny is going to show he is a far superior athlete than one dimensional Swider. Swider is a placeholder for Benny. Swider if he does not shoot well, he is basically a 35 minute player who gets a couple of rebounds. Benny is the 3 year future starting next year. On defense he plays on roller skates.
You aren't getting it. They both would be starters. If either leaves who would you have starting forward instead of them?

Last edited:
You aren't getting it. They both would be starters. If either leaves who would you have starting forward instead of them.
Right now Swider is leaving. What have you heard he is coming back?

Right now Swider is leaving. What have you heard he is coming back?

Since when? I posted his IG post and he never confirmed he was leaving. Also for now that doesn't change the fact he would play next to Benny not in front. Unless we recruit over Benny through the portal.

all the defenders of the kids here who took the money and jumped too early only to flame out should be just as understanding of the view that swider sticking around makes no sense. he ain't getting drafted. ever. the same people who say "you're being selfish let the kid earn money"...well i say go get yourself paid in some minor capacity somewhere playing ball if that makes you happy .

hey you had a good season. cash it in.

Last edited:
You have done nothing but criticize him and anyone who defends him.
Sorry I hurt your feelings. Thinking about the long term status of SU basketball. Not one year. Need to turn the page on ISO the Boeheim's and Swider. That ship has sailed. Need to hit the portal hard for younger players. Young Athletic players who can go coast to coast on both ends of the floor instead of what we had to witness this year.

Sorry I hurt your feelings. Thinking about the long term status of SU basketball. Not one year. Need to turn the page on ISO the Boeheim's and Swider. That ship has sailed. Need to hit the portal hard for younger players. Young Athletic players who can go coast to coast on both ends of the floor instead of what we had to witness this year.

Hurt my feelings? What are you 12? - gonna have to try a lot harder than that. You just move the goalposts every time and ignore what is being told. Without a legit scoring forward who is a good shooter in place of Cole if he leaves we will be lucky to win 13 games.

Yes he does. I have strong suspicion that Benny is going to show he is a far superior athlete than one dimensional Swider. Swider is a placeholder for Benny. Swider if he does not shoot well, he is basically a 35 minute player who gets a couple of rebounds. Benny is the 3 year future starting next year. On defense Swider plays on roller skates.
I don’t need Benny to show me he’s a far superior athlete. I already know that. What does that have to do with anything posted already? As others, again, have asked- what are you talking about?

Anyone who wants Cole Swider to leave must have a lot of faith in benny and the new recruits. If we get anyone out of the transfer portal, he's probably going to have a resume similar to Cole's when he came here, and we can only hope he plays as well as Cole did.

Both