Column: Leaving Big East a Disaster for Syracuse (and others) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Column: Leaving Big East a Disaster for Syracuse (and others)

It’s not like the current Big East would be fun for us.

Villanova
Georgetown
UConn
Seton Hall
St. John’s
Providence

They have added
Butler
Creighton
Xavier
Marquette
DePaul

Half of the conference we have little to no history with.

All we really miss are Georgetown, Villanova, and UConn and BET at MSG.

And we've played those three multiple times since we left. It's really the Big East Tournament we miss

Go back to your 1-10 safe space then. The truth is the truth.
I miss the nostalgia of the Big East. The Garden, the old school matchups, etc. But the conference landscape was evolving with or without us. There was a game of musical chairs going on and we got a seat. Cincy, UConn, etc. didn't and I guarantee they would trade places with us if they could.

And we've played those three multiple times since we left. It's really the Big East Tournament we miss
The BET, and related...competing in big games.

Nobody was missing the Big East in 2014 when we were undefeated and had 35,000 in the Dome, watching an incredible game against Duke, after having college Gameday.

We should be clashing with Duke, UNC, Virginia, and Louisville at the top of the league.

We only look back because we’re mediocre and boring.

Go back to your 1-10 safe space then. The truth is the truth.
So, back in 2011, you wish Syracuse had said "to hell with it" for football in an incredibly uncertain landscape to cling to a conference that was obviously going to be cannibalized? For way less revenue? To appease fans who are obviously just clueless front runners?

Sure.

And id like to believe in Santa Clause again and not have to pay rent. Life moves on the Big East was never an.option. We have been to a Final Four as an Acc member. Our program needs to get better. Nova would be kicking our tail like uva and UNC do.

Football team has finished the season ranked more recently than the hoops team has though.
Who cares?

Since PP was fired the football team is 73-121

48 games below .500.

You got ppl on here saying that the last 6-7 years of the hoops performance makes them numb.

What does the football team make you feel? Lol.

So, back in 2011, you wish Syracuse had said "to hell with it" for football in an incredibly uncertain landscape to cling to a conference that was obviously going to be cannibalized? For way less revenue? To appease fans who are obviously just clueless front runners?

Sure.
I had football season in 2012 so your front runner complaint doesn’t apply...

We sacrificed a well oiled machine to save a broken down jalopy.

It wasn’t worth it.

Our struggles since joining the ACC are in no way related to us being in the ACC.
Why is it that our recruiting went to shiz at that exact time?

I had football season in 2012 so your front runner complaint doesn’t apply...

We sacrificed a well oiled machine to save a broken down jalopy.

It wasn’t worth it.
For the record, I'm not insulted by you not caring about a 1-10 team. I don't care.

I responded because your opinion is comically uninformed and unrealistic.

For the record, I'm not insulted by you not caring about a 1-10 team. I don't care.

I responded because your opinion is comically uninformed and unrealistic.
And you’re comically soft in the face of opposing opinions.

Why is it that our recruiting went to shiz at that exact time?
A combination of sanctions, poor roster management by JB, losing Hopkins, etc.

It's important to remember that if we didn't go to the ACC, we probably would be in the American. Have fun on selling recruits on playing Tulsa instead of Duke/UNC.

Our recruiting was failing before then.
No it wasn’t.
His last class he was recruiting hard we got Tyler Lydon 4 star, Malachi Richardson 5 star McD AA, Frank Howard 4 star.

Hell Hopkins recruited Tyus Battle the following class before he went to Washington.

Hopkins became less effective the last year because hint hint what happened.

A combination of sanctions, poor roster management by JB, losing Hopkins, etc.

It's important to remember that if we didn't go to the ACC, we probably would be in the American. Have fun on selling recruits on playing Tulsa instead of Duke/UNC.
Why not stay in the Big East and go independent in football?

Ppl act like our football program is better than UCONNs or something. It’s been 23 years since McNabb graduated. 1987 was 34 years ago.

We aren’t that program anymore. We are Greg Robinson, Hard Nose, Bologna, & a hurry up and wait offense.

Our 2015 class was top 10 in the country, the third recruiting class cycle since we left the Big East. Our recruiting was fine and then JB stopped grinding on the trail, we got hit with the sanctions, and our top recruiter left for Washington.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom