Column: Leaving Big East a Disaster for Syracuse (and others) | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Column: Leaving Big East a Disaster for Syracuse (and others)

Stopped reading at the third paragraph when he basically said Xavier, Butler and Creighton were nothing much before joining the Big East. Those were very successful schools, especially Xavier and Butler, before joining the Big East. Lost my interest in his perspective at that point.

Last edited:
Your program is hanging its hat on a FF appearance during a mediocre season. 66%. so close.

The conference doesn't make the teams. The teams make the conference.

View attachment 195828
As far as I can tell the only reason you like the Big East is because you get to play at MSG for 4 days in March and you get to play Providence again?

All the while your AD is absolutely hemorrhaging money.

Hanging onto memories of old. The great times you remember from the BET involves teams that are either: no longer in the conference... or: teams that are still there but haven’t been relevant for decades. You must be really excited to play Xavier in the BET semi-final?

You ever watch the ACCT? the place is absolutely electric for the semis and the finals.

The only UConn basketball player Ive heard of is Paige Bueckers.
Not to derail the thread (ok, I'm totally doing that for the sake of everyone), the Maya Moore story is one of the most fascinating and heartwarming stories of 2020. It didn't get enough press

As far as I can tell the only reason you like the Big East is because you get to play at MSG for 4 days in March and you get to play Providence again?

All the while your AD is absolutely hemorrhaging money.

Hanging onto memories of old. The great times you remember from the BET involves teams that are either: no longer in the conference... or: teams that are still there but haven’t been relevant for decades. You must be really excited to play Xavier in the BET semi-final?

You ever watch the ACCT? the place is absolutely electric for the semis and the finals.
This is UConn. They used to be with it and want the oldies back.

I hate basketball only’s more than Hoyas and blue devils combined.
Who’s a basketball only? It ain’t me.

But the football program is a complete joke and has been for 2 decades. We can admit reality, no?

It’s disturbing to me that ppl are gleefully going around shitting on Jim Boeheim and his son, virtually unchecked. Yet I say the football team sucks and I hate the stupid southern league we play in and the whole cavalry shows up.

I took pride in being in the Big East. I don’t take pride in being in the ACC. That logo on our court and on our field and on our jerseys...
:vomit:

Last edited:
Don't bury the lead next time!

Could've settled this 3-5 pages back with fewer doushey Yukon posts.
How was I supposed to know Kevin Ollie posted here?

The topic was conference realignment losers.

They’re subject matter experts.

Conference realignment just corrected the market from the 1990s.

When UConn joined the Big East football league they jumped the front of the line on all the non power conference Division 1 football teams.

This last round of realignment just corrected that and made UConn do the independent thing all the Eastern teams had to do before them.

Just for the nostalgia of the Big East tournament. I don’t blame them for saving their basketball program but the entire process played out exactly as it should have.
The team that jumped the line got put where it should have.
Every team in the original Big East football conference except Temple is in a P5 conference.

ACC
Syracuse
Boston College
Miami
Pittsburgh
Virginia Tech

Big XII
West Virginia

Big Ten
Rutgers

Temple got screwed more than UConn did but that program didn’t invest in football till after they kicked out of the BE the first time.

UConn fans completely ignore this.
They should get their shineboxs and enjoy playing Providence and St. John’s.

If not being in a "big boy" conference = 4 banners, you can keep your big boy conference, thanks.

Look, I get it. The ACC was the place to be. Maybe it's just a coincidence that SU, Pitt and ND are all struggling in the southern conference. ACC basketball was always about UNC, Duke, and a couple wild-cards. Sometimes it better to be the Big Dog in the little pond.

Our recruiting failure is due to:
*Hop leaving
*Bad luck with our best verbals not signing
*Leaving our traditional Big East rivalries. Rivals create recruit attracting excitement. Rivalries cause fans to pick sides. We used toget recruits who grew up as Cuse fans. Those days are gone forever. We now have no rivals in basketball or football. We are just another team. We no longer even have strength in our own backyard. Truth is that our best days are behind us.
*the zone, all day, everyday. The best players have the NBA in mind and the NBA is man to man, all day, every day.

Last edited:
I don’t know what the highlight is here. Nate being internet mad or some rando Uconn fan with a COLUMBO avatar white knighting.
At what point was I mad?

You should be criticizing the guy who asked if I was Antifa. Since, ya know, they don’t exist in your mind.

At what point was I mad?

You should be criticizing the guy who asked if I was Antifa. Since, ya know, they don’t exist in your mind.

Look how not mad I am guys. You’re the one who’s mad actually.

Also antifa is real but I love some cross board smack talk.

You know who loves Smacks?

Attachments

• 1612275411888.jpeg
    1612275411888.jpeg
    226.1 KB · Views: 75
Look how not mad I am guys. You’re the one who’s mad actually.
Not liking our conference and expressing that is being “internet mad” to you.

And I’m not saying you’re mad. Just a moron.

Also antifa is real but I love some cross board smack talk.
You must have recently changed your opinion on this. Good to see reality has found you.

Not liking our conference and expressing that is being “internet mad” to you.

And I’m not saying you’re mad. Just a moron.
Super high levels of “not mad” and “comment section” energy here.

Super high levels of “not mad” and “comment section” energy here.
Just a little fun w my coffee.

Are you a proud card carrying ACC member?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom