Column: Leaving Big East a Disaster for Syracuse (and others) | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Column: Leaving Big East a Disaster for Syracuse (and others)

Watching a classic 2003 win right now against...Notre Dame. 2 weeks earlier we beat Pitt in the best game at the Dome in years.

You can argue we’ve have more memorable games with those two schools than anybody other than UConn in the 2000s.

Watching a classic 2003 win right now against...Notre Dame. 2 weeks earlier we beat Pitt in the best game at the Dome in years.

You can argue we’ve have more memorable games with those two schools than anybody other than UConn in the 2000s.
Nova in 2010? Duke in 2014?

I understand if you want to come over and post on the football board. But you still have a hoops program. I'm pretty sure you have a board for that. I don't post on the boneyard but I must thank you. Your realignment board brought me so many laughs over the years. You guys really didn't understand that no one wanted you. Really. Shouldn't that have told you guys something about your school and it's programs. Sans girls basketball, of course. How much will your sports programs lose this year. Over 40 mil each of the last two years, right?
I count 4 future games scheduled between the mighty acc orange and the fledgling UConn Huskies so we'll have opportunity to bring the banter. SU must really want those cup cake ooc wins to pad its schedule like that. UConn also has Clemson, Vandy, Michigan, NC State, BCU, Duke, Tennessee, Maryland, Purdue, Ohio State, Army. . . and folks thought UConn would have trouble scheduling.

I count 4 future games scheduled between the mighty acc orange and the fledgling UConn Huskies so we'll have opportunity to bring the banter. SU must really want those cup cake ooc wins to pad its schedule like that. UConn also has Clemson, Vandy, Michigan, NC State, BCU, Duke, Tennessee, Maryland, Purdue, Ohio State, Army. . . and folks thought UConn would have trouble scheduling.
news for you, if they were any good, they would have trouble scheduling. Everyone can afford to put a cupcake on the schedule. That is the only thing the UConn football program offers now. And that isn't a shot. Honest.

You know what they say. Better to remain silent and be thought a fool. . .
If you believed that, you wouldn't post here. First, the board wasn't saying, I hope some dim witted UConn fan comes here to chat. You are in our rear view mirror.

UConn is getting paid to get their asses handed to them by a bunch of P5 schools.

Big deal. Really impressed. It is an admission that the school has given up playing competitive football and decided to become the Harlem Globetrotters of college football. UConn is a laughingstock and you are worse, because you are proud of this. How sad for you.

If you believed that, you wouldn't post here. First, the board wasn't saying, I hope some dim witted UConn fan comes here to chat. You are in our rear view mirror.
I came by because I honestly believe Pitt and SU basketball were much better off in the Big East and it's not wrong for even SU fans to believe that. I also think if SU and UConn went to the ACC together that would have had a much bigger impact for the northern wing. Nevertheless, onward and upward.

Mostly true. Move to ACC definitely has hurt recruiting. The best SU can ever be in the ACC is to finish 3 or 4. All the talk in the ACC is about Duke, UNC, UVA. Doesn't excite kids. NE kids want to play in the Big East tourney at MSG not in Greensboro. Our NE recruiting has sunk. Some due to losing Hop but a lot not. Two best players we have are from Canada and Slovakia. Having a 76 year old coach who plays only zone, which many kids don't want to play exclusively, also is hurting us. All have combined to pretty much destroy SU as a nationally relevant program. Where are we again this season -- 9th in ACC. Our new annual spot. I get the U gets a big check for being the conference's football doormat. And the almighty $ always wins. But that doesn't make it easier to take.

I don't think we can only finish 3rd or 4th in the ACC - when did Virginia all of a sudden become a national power? the last 5 years?

I don't think we can only finish 3rd or 4th in the ACC - when did Virginia all of a sudden become a national power? the last 5 years?
Exactly. FSU and UVA are the best teams this year. Two programs we’ve always been better than until the last few years. UNC and Duke kinda suck. UNC lost 19 games last year.

UConn is getting paid to get their asses handed to them by a bunch of P5 schools.

Big deal. Really impressed. It is an admission that the school has given up playing competitive football and decided to become the Harlem Globetrotters of college football. UConn is a laughingstock and you are worse, because you are proud of this. How sad for you.
Relax there chief. I'm just following an independent going out and creating the best schedule possible.

It was great fun. Complete aberration. I should see another one of those seasons, when?
I hate basketball only’s more than Hoyas and blue devils combined.

Our recruiting has been sub par recently - then we have been murdered by kids leaving way too early - outside of Grant - who has left that is having a successful NBA career?

Seriously, are we still debating this issue? In 2021 no less? Add to that we also have a Mutts fan chiming in? He being a fan of the school w/ the $47 billion, w/ a B, AD deficit?
Our issues with bball and ftball are about many things, least of which is our conference affiliation.
And here’s a thought: All these “issues” can be worked on and fixed, simply BECAUSE we have the financial wherewithal to do so.
UConn, Nova, Gtown, Houston, Cincy, anyone in the NBE or AACck conferences, would give their left nut to be in our position. That’s just facts.

It’s not like the current Big East would be fun for us.

Villanova
Georgetown
UConn
Seton Hall
St. John’s
Providence

They have added
Butler
Creighton
Xavier
Marquette
DePaul

Half of the conference we have little to no history with.

All we really miss are Georgetown, Villanova, and UConn and BET at MSG.
Georgetown, UConn, Nova and St John’s are Syracuse’s biggest historic rivals. That’s a lot to miss.

But I agree we had to leave to secure football.

Your program would give up multiple NCs for a P5 invite.
Your program is hanging its hat on a FF appearance during a mediocre season. 66%. so close.

The conference doesn't make the teams. The teams make the conference.

1612238826998.png

Last edited:
Your program is hanging its hat on a FF appearance during a mediocre season. 66%. so close.

The conference doesn't make the teams. The teams make the conference.

View attachment 195828

Your time would be better spent singing "Baby Come Back" outside Bob Burton's gated community than trying to convince SU fans we're worse off in the ACC.

I don’t wanna see any post that states the ACC refs are biased again Syracuse. Right!

I understand if you want to come over and post on the football board. But you still have a hoops program. I'm pretty sure you have a board for that. I don't post on the boneyard but I must thank you. Your realignment board brought me so many laughs over the years. You guys really didn't understand that no one wanted you. Really. Shouldn't that have told you guys something about your school and it's programs. Sans girls basketball, of course. How much will your sports programs lose this year. Over 40 mil each of the last two years, right?
I’m going out on limb here but I don’t think dasher likes UCONN

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom