Congrats From A Shocked Aztec Fan | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Congrats From A Shocked Aztec Fan

Big fan of the sdsu fan base. Hoping they can take over the West from Oregon, USC and BYU now that Zona’s a big ugly ‘ol dumpsta.

We are inching toward that and "some" think we may already be there. Over the last 10 years the Aztecs are 11-11 against the Pac 12. Within that 11-11, the Aztecs are 1-4 against Arizona who has had some real tough teams over the decade.

If we could subtract Arizona out of the scenario the Aztecs are 10-7 head to head with the Pac 12 over the last 10 years.

We are inching toward that and "some" think we may already be there. Over the last 10 years the Aztecs are 11-11 against the Pac 12. Within that 11-11, the Aztecs are 1-4 against Arizona who has had some real tough teams over the decade.

If we could subtract Arizona out of the scenario the Aztecs are 10-7 head to head with the Pac 12 over the last 10 years.

I am a broken record on this but add yall to the Pac-12 and that conference for both Hoops and Football becomes a monster with the resurgence this year. I know there are downsides given cost of living and fires but having worked for a CA company for two years and spent many a day traveling there in my career its the perfect atmosphere to go to school with many great academic choices too. West Coast Hoops is showing out in this tourney.

I am a broken record on this but add yall to the Pac-12 and that conference for both Hoops and Football becomes a monster with the resurgence this year. I know there are downsides given cost of living and fires but having worked for a CA company for two years and spent many a day traveling there in my career its the perfect atmosphere to go to school with many great academic choices too. West Coast Hoops is showing out in this tourney.

It would be great Orangezoo, but the chances are slim. A couple of reasons. The Pac 12 looks at itself as a super Academic Conf. They look at San Diego State as far less than that.

But real reason is that USC, UCLA, Arizona, & Arizona State do not want us in the Conf. Many of those 4 schools football and basketball recruits come from the SoCal area. They do not want the Aztecs to have access to their top recruits.

IMO, because of our location in SoCal we would become a perennial Top 4 team in the Pac 12 no latter than the 3rd year in that Conf. We know and they know it.

It would be great Orangezoo, but the chances are slim. A couple of reasons. The Pac 12 looks at itself as a super Academic Conf. They look at San Diego State as far less than that.

But real reason is that USC, UCLA, Arizona, & Arizona State do not want us in the Conf. Many of those 4 schools football and basketball recruits come from the SoCal area. They do not want the Aztecs to have access to their top recruits.

IMO, because of our location in SoCal we would become a perennial Top 4 team in the Pac 12 no latter than the 3rd year in that Conf. We know and they know it.

Yeah that's a bummer. I know that y'all have been creeping up in the rankings academically but it has been a slow crawl for sure. No doubt the big four know it and the force that you all could be.

What is the trajectory of UNLV and Fresno? Both seem like they have really fallen off? Nevada looks like it could pick back up some to help add a little more strength but overall I've been surprised how far the MWC has weakened. It's too bad Gonzaga doesn't bring back football to be D1 FBS because them joining the MWC would also be a big boost.

Yeah that's a bummer. I know that y'all have been creeping up in the rankings academically but it has been a slow crawl for sure. No doubt the big four know it and the force that you all could be.

What is the trajectory of UNLV and Fresno? Both seem like they have really fallen off? Nevada looks like it could pick back up some to help add a little more strength but overall I've been surprised how far the MWC has weakened. It's too bad Gonzaga doesn't bring back football to be D1 FBS because them joining the MWC would also be a big boost.
Yes Fresno State and UNLV have dropped off a little in basketball and football. I do have faith in both of those programs though. I don't worry about Fresno State the least because that is a sports crazy area that won't be down long. They just love their Sports too much to put up with average teams.

Las Vegas worries me a bit because of what they're doing with basketball. Las Vegas has have some really excellent basketball coaches in their time but they seem to be fine now hiring nobody. Nobody's can win in time but it's just surprise me. The UNLV football program I expect to rise little. Vegas is such a big city and now they will be playing some home games and maybe all home games in the Las Vegas Raiders new stadium which is really nice.

Bottom line, I have confidence that both programs will be back in football and basketball and I think either one of them would be nice to partner up and move on to another conference with more pay. Personally I think that Fresno State or UNLV is a better fit as a partner for the Aztecs than is Boise State in football or basketball. I'm talking long- term. I see UNLV and Fresno State along with San Diego State having unlimited potential due to area size of the cities and Facilities.

Last edited:
Yes Fresno State and UNLV have dropped off a little in basketball and football. I do have faith in both of those programs though. I worry about Fresno State the least because that is a sports crazy area that won't be down long. They just love their Sports too much to put up with average teams.

Las Vegas worries me a bit because of what they're doing with basketball. Las Vegas has have some really excellent basketball coaches in their time but they seem to be fine now hiring nobody. Nobody's can win in time but it's just surprise me. The UNLV football program I expect to rise little. Vegas is such a big city and now they will be playing some home games and maybe all home games in the Las Vegas Raiders new stadium which is really nice.

Bottom line, I have confidence that both programs will be back in football and basketball and I think either one of them would be nice to partner up and move on to another conference with more pay. Personally I think that Fresno State or UNLV is a better fit as a partner for the Aztecs Bandy is Boise State in football or basketball. I'm talking long- term. I see you and LV and Fresno State along with San Diego State having unlimited potential due to area size of the cities and Facilities
Welcome back SteveAztec. SDSU should join the Pac!2 along with UNLV.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom