Could careless about these losses some of you get all worked up | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Could careless about these losses some of you get all worked up

I think I made it incredibly simple.

You said they were hot.

I said the defense was poor and they made open shots.

open shots = better percentage

That's as simple as it gets my friend.
Well I also said we had open shots but missed, but I guess you bypassed that entry.

Frank was missing playing with Kaleb. Frank had some terrible and lazy moments on D trying to contest 3s.

A couple, but the same can be said for all of our guards, including Gillon.

It does no good to get worked up . Love the upside this team has. Wisconsin couldn't miss . Our offense and interior defense needs to get better. I'll roll with teams shooting like that from 3 won't happen very often .

maybe some people enjoy watching good competitive basketball all season long and are not prisoners of just waiting for March? the journey is something to enjoy as well.

They had far far far FAR more open shots than we did.
Maybe but that Bronson kid was going to do far better than hitting 2 3's the two games prior. Tonight he went off. I watched them against unc and they missed shot after shot (wide open) I knew tonight was the night for them to go off.

It does no good to get worked up . Love the upside this team has. Wisconsin couldn't miss . Our offense and interior defense needs to get better. I'll roll with teams shooting like that from 3 won't happen very often .

D1 players made wide open 3s.

This whole "couldn't miss" stuff is nonsense

D1 players made wide open 3s.

This whole "couldn't miss" stuff is nonsense
one player that I know of goes I' think 6 of 8 from 3. They had 6 3's 7 minutes in. That's pretty close to "couldn't miss".

maybe some people enjoy watching good competitive basketball all season long and are not prisoners of just waiting for March? the journey is something to enjoy as well.
It's also the perfect metaphor for life. Give me a great regular season any day because that gets us through the winters... and when all is said and done, success in march is a fleeting crap shoot.

Let me play both sides for a moment. It's a long season, and a lot of growth can still occur. Reading too much into two games is probably ill-advised. On the other hand, we made the NCAA tourney last year because we won a pre-conference tournament, which resonated with the committee. We aren't winning those early season games this season, which may make it more difficult to make the tourney if we land on the bubble again.

What concerns me most is that it was clear last year that Malachi was a player. I don't see that baller with NBA-level skills this year.

What concerns me most is that it was clear last year that Malachi was a player. I don't see that baller with NBA-level skills this year.

I keep waiting to see this happen with Battle. I don't remember Mali doing too much early last year, but I have had a couple strong beers.., but I keep waiting to see Battle break out with whatever he was supposed to be bringing here for one year. I'm not seeing it...yet. I hope he proves me wrong as some point, because we need help.

This team has absolutely no offense and zero defense. Put the cool aid down all those this team is a NC team. Give this team time! Well the time I give team is about 50 seconds after the end of the game when the other team has left. Then their O and D will shine.

I keep waiting to see this happen with Battle. I don't remember Mali doing too much early last year, but I have had a couple strong beers.., but I keep waiting to see Battle break out with whatever he was supposed to be bringing here for one year. I'm not seeing it...yet. I hope he proves me wrong as some point, because we need help.

I thought Mal started strong then took a bit of a hiatus. Don't remember what he did against Wisconsin and was thankfully in Dublin for the Georgetown game. But he definitely went through some freshman growing pains.

Battle has far more upside this year than Gillon. Hope he starts getting more minutes.

I thought Mal started strong then took a bit of a hiatus. Don't remember what he did against Wisconsin and was thankfully in Dublin for the Georgetown game. But he definitely went through some freshman growing pains.

Battle has far more upside this year than Gillon. Hope he starts getting more minutes.

For me, it's less about what Mali produced in terms of point totals early in the season and more about his ability to create his own shot. I don't see anyone on this year's team with his skill and athleticism to do such, limited as the latter may be for him.

"Let me play both sides for a moment. It's a long season, and a lot of growth can still occur."

be honest. the only players with any upside are the frosh battle and t-square . and they don't see much court time. we are what you see.
now can the upperclassmen play better ? sure. can we play as a team ? i don't know. but it's december already. these games count.

My perception that this is not a team playing basketball, but a group of individuals playing basketball...it was never more glaring than last night. Wisc starters have been playing together for two years and you could definitely see a difference between them and us...I don't think this is completely the fault of the players or coaches...they do have some blame, however some of the blame has to go to the situation the basketball team was put in to put together freshman, grad transfers and returning players...for any team that is very difficult to do, affecting chemistry and trust in each other...

I'm not as worried as most of you. JB will figure it out. Too much talent on this team to be routinely taken to the woodshed. This isn't a finished product.

These were our only two OOC games that could help our resume in March. The rest can only hurt it. Getting pushed around in both is not a good look and will not make it any easier come January when the really difficult part of the schedule begins. This team is in trouble, and it's still November...

These were our only two OOC games that could help our resume in March. The rest can only hurt it. Getting pushed around in both is not a good look and will not make it any easier come January when the really difficult part of the schedule begins. This team is in trouble, and it's still November...

This team will get better. If you beat good ACC teams in February it won't matter what we did in November.

This team will get better. If you beat good ACC teams in February it won't matter what we did in November.
That is true. But it also leaves less margin for error and makes it that much more difficult. The ACC is absolutely stacked this year and we look nothing like a top 5 ACC team, so we'll have to pull multiple upsets, I'm afraid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxfan516

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom