Could Dior Johnson | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Could Dior Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look, he admitted that his younger years and decisions weren’t ideal and understands following the process is best now, at least give him credit for growing up and maturing .

he wants a program that’ll bend for him and let Dior be about Dior. Clock is set to Dior’s time.

That may have worked for Dion, but imo Dion was a mentally tougher guy who knew what he wanted from middle school onward and never took his eye off real goals.

he wants a program that’ll bend for him and let Dior be about Dior. Clock is set to Dior’s time.

That may have worked for Dion, but imo Dion was a mentally tougher guy who knew what he wanted from middle school onward and never took his eye off real goals.
Obviously Dior is a ME guy……….my guess is he won’t finish his freshman year at Oregon. He maybe an incredible talent, however he’s the type who will disrupt and fracture a team.

Obviously Dior is a ME guy……….my guess is he won’t finish his freshman year at Oregon. He maybe an incredible talent, however he’s the type who will disrupt and fracture a team.
Shocked he didn’t just follow the Kyrie route to Duke and have a program baby sit him for a year before declaring

I have no ill will towards Dior, but when you read that article you see the level of maturity these coaches are dealing with. And the level of sophistication in their decision making process. None of this is unique to Dior at all. We’ve all heard or read the stories of the ridiculous things college coaches have to do to maintain these kids in a playing state. I just wish people would think of all this when we lose a recruiting battle and lash out at the coaches for what these kids do. Everyone wants to believe recruiting is a fully correlated system where the exact amount of effort and the exact technique will always yield predictable results. It absolutely is not that and this interview certainly lays it bare.

Hes a young kid who needs to grow up. Doesn't seem to have any parental support. Im glad hes going to college for a year as it will help him. Actually feel sad for him.

I said it a bunch when everyone was wondering why “we lost him”. This kid was a nightmare. He literally just said it himself how big of a pain he was and the attention he wanted and all the calls. I’m not kidding you when I said he was facetiming coaches at 3/4 am. He would keep trying to connect over and over until they would answer as well. It was a weird scenario that I’m glad is coming to the light

If only he played football he could have hosted Harbaugh on a sleepover.
If only he was a few years older he could’ve hosted Bernie on a sleepover.

too soon?

Look, he admitted that his younger years and decisions weren’t ideal and understands following the process is best now, at least give him credit for growing up and maturing .

Dior says things.

I hope he can hold it together the next year or two. He's an elite player and in line to make really good money.

I said it a bunch when everyone was wondering why “we lost him”. This kid was a nightmare. He literally just said it himself how big of a pain he was and the attention he wanted and all the calls. I’m not kidding you when I said he was facetiming coaches at 3/4 am. He would keep trying to connect over and over until they would answer as well. It was a weird scenario that I’m glad is coming to the light
Are you serious? What a hot mess.

This thread should be blown up along with the Lands one.

Met a guy today who is friends with Dior’s uncle. (Guy saw my SU pullover). Evidently his uncle was not impressed with Dior as a person. Kid is kind of a punk. Evidently, the leaving of Oak Hill was not of his own accord, but due to violation of school (and societal) rules regarding personal property.
Uncle does not believe Dior will play one minute of college, although NIL could change it.
Dior is for the $$. Higher education does not appeal to him.

Met a guy today who is friends with Dior’s uncle. (Guy saw my SU pullover). Evidently his uncle was not impressed with Dior as a person. Kid is kind of a punk. Evidently, the leaving of Oak Hill was not of his own accord, but due to violation of school (and societal) rules regarding personal property.
Uncle does not believe Dior will play one minute of college, although NIL could change it.
This just affirms what I've been thinking the whole time.

He saw your pullover and told you all of that? I guess he is hard up for conversation. That seems strange in itself.

He saw your pullover and told you all of that? I guess he is hard up for conversation. That seems strange in itself.
It’s possible that there was small Talk prior I supposed. I’m more concerned about what was said than the method of delivery honestly

potentially shows a lot of empathy...

a "its not you its him"

probably knows the fans get stung by those types of things when a star player backs out...and this guy who knows him and doesnt think highly of him wants the orange fan to know the real deal bc he thinks lowly of the player. and thinks highly of the program and fans...

makes a lot of sense to me.

its also cool to have the inside scoop on things in the information age where supposedly there isnt any privacy anymore...and everything is accessible.

I have no ill will towards Dior, but when you read that article you see the level of maturity these coaches are dealing with. And the level of sophistication in their decision making process. None of this is unique to Dior at all. We’ve all heard or read the stories of the ridiculous things college coaches have to do to maintain these kids in a playing state. I just wish people would think of all this when we lose a recruiting battle and lash out at the coaches for what these kids do. Everyone wants to believe recruiting is a fully correlated system where the exact amount of effort and the exact technique will always yield predictable results. It absolutely is not that and this interview certainly lays it bare.
Chucky Gellat would never behave like this

Reactions: CIL
Either way, it seems like we dodged a bullet yet again. With what we've heard about Dior since the decommit and now that we have Quadir on board, this one doesn't sting nearly as much as it did several months ago.

None of what sways recruits, surprises me anymore. Reminded me when JB said that he’s had a recruit nix SU because his g/f told him that she didn’t like how the school colors looked on her. I remember laughing until a few years later I heard some teenagers discussing different college destinations and how they hated certain colors and would never go to a school that had their least personal favorite color. Among the colors mentioned were purple, brown, gold, red and green - these were both boys and girls. It was pretty funny and I wondered if they would care or think the same even 6 months less than a few years later. Then they started talking about the college nicknames they hated - like standard ‘boring’ ones like wildcats, warriors and any animal, like tigers, panther etc. Pretty funny since those boring ones are the most nicknames used. Kids are funny but none to their credit spoke of specific pantones :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom