Current state of recruiting?

• We're in trouble

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Heading in the wrong direction, 2018 will be telling

Votes: 77 50.7%
  • We'll be fine

Votes: 49 32.2%

• Total voters
You think that the people running kansas and kentucky do not know what they are doing? We are dealing with pampered kids that know that they are exploited. Their peers are their teamates. That is who they hang with. They want perks; game room, bar-be-q,s, covered porches, resident chef, etc. how could you possibly think that such facilities are not attractive to athletes preparing for a life of luxury financed by professional level salaries?
Some kids want to have a college experience.

You think that the people running kansas and kentucky do not know what they are doing? We are dealing with pampered kids that know that they are exploited. Their peers are their teamates. That is who they hang with. They want perks; game room, bar-be-q,s, covered porches, resident chef, etc. how could you possibly think that such facilities are not attractive to athletes preparing for professional level salaries?
Exactly, they are not being paid and in lieu want to be pampered and compensated for their contributions in narcistic ways It's like wearing Jordan's to them in their minds they earned it and it's their time to shine

Some kids want to have a college experience.
The vast majority of 4 and5 star players want a professional experience, the sooner the better. THe age of student athletes is history. This is the age of show me the money. College football and basketball are businesses.

I think facilities are overblown because we were bringing in higher rated guys before the Melo center than we have after and Manley was a dump.

Exactly, they are not being paid and in lieu want to be pampered and compensated for their contributions in narcistic ways It's like wearing Jordan's to them in their minds they earned it and it's their time to shine
When salaries are regulated, ie wage controls, competition for labor shifts to perks. You won,t get very far in labor economics class if you argue otherwise.

I think facilities are overblown because we were bringing in higher rated guys before the Melo center than we have after and Manley was a dump.
Our current circumstances are not comparable. We were a top dog in the best conference and the dome was a monumental facility. Our current state of affairs is due to more than bad luck.

Our current circumstances are not comparable. We were a top dog in the best conference and the dome was a monumental facility. Our current state of affairs is due to more than bad luck.

You're right, but a lot of the teams finishing ahead of us in conference don't have the greatest facilities in all the land. In fact in most cases ours are better.

I don't consider Basketball Dorms to be a positive whatsoever. I'd rather be among people I choose to be around as a student, and since most our players live in the cushy off campus buildings anyways I think they'd prefer it as well.

Would you want to live in an apartment building with all your coworkers?

You're so out of touch with reality.

You're right, but a lot of the teams finishing ahead of us in conference don't have the greatest facilities in all the land. In fact in most cases ours are better.
Who are you talking about - duke and nc sell themselves, virginia and louisville have brand new facilities. Not To mention that we do not compare to kansas, kentucky, az and even OR is investing heavily. It,s a tough neighborhood. You got to run to keep up.

Last edited:
Who are you talking about - duke and nc sell themselves, virginia and louisville have brand new facilities. Notnto mention that we do not compare to kansas, kentucky, az and even or are incesting heavily.

Not sure why you are bringing in schools outside the ACC. That's all I'm talking about.

Why are you just talking about the acc? We compete against all the major conferences.

Need to worry about getting out of the middle of the conference first before we worry what anyone else is doing, but you're right. This years game against Kansas will be telling.

Need to worry about getting out of the middle of the conference first before we worry what anyone else is doing, but you're right. This years game against Kansas will be telling.
We need to worry about every team that can compete with us for recruits.

See the UK player dorm unveiled in September

Kentucky players are treated like gods with their facilities.

Syracuse is fine with its facilities but the top programs treat their players crazy.

Kansas has a 12 million dollar dorm for players

A look inside Kansas’ ridiculous $12 million basketball dorm
We would have been fine but given that we are now playing catch-up our facilities are no longer fine. Our situation has changed dramatically. We are an also ran northern team in a southern conference. We had been in the heart of the premier conference. We need to play catch up. The reasons why we have underperformed are debatable but the precariosness of our situation is not.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom