Cuse's record in the Sweet Sixteen and beyond. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Cuse's record in the Sweet Sixteen and beyond.

1988 is up there for me too. It's hard to stomach that a team with Douglas, Coleman, and Seikaly lost to Rhode Island. I wanted to strangle the blind father the camera kept showing.

Tom Garrick?? Forget who is partner in crime was, but I think they had two quality guards on that team.

I think what is lost is, that of our 7 losses, majority of the time they are to 1 or 2 seeds ... its not like we were the favorites in many of them

This along with having those extra days to prepare for the zone.

funny you mention that. I've suspected for awhile now that FP is, in fact, BC. How 'bout it FP? We can handle the truth.

Very similar MO...bash Boeheim at every opportunity..disappear when things are going well and then show up again as soon as they lose...

Enough people got on BCs' case that he disappeared..

if FP keeps this up, I suspect he will meet the same fate as people tire of it...

I didn't bring up the zone since back in the day we played both. However if we win Friday then it's the third Elite Eight in five years. The best in school history and all with the zone.

GREAT point!

1988 is up there for me too. It's hard to stomach that a team with Douglas, Coleman, and Seikaly lost to Rhode Island. I wanted to strangle the blind father the camera kept showing.

Pretty sure Sherm had the flu, or something like that.
I was on Spring Break in Daytona for that game, and got really, really slammered (moreso than usual, even) after that game.

Instead of being uber-sensitive and presuming that I'm "taking a shot", you could have followed up with observations that actually stayed on topic like a couple others did. If everyone refrained from attacking other posters because they don't "like" their anonymous personas, it would save so much bandwidth. The OP was a historical review - and March Madness is the perfect time to reminisce on previous SU tournament success or lack thereof.

Stop taking gratuitous shots at Boeheim and I'll leave you alone.

There are plenty of posters who criticize Boeheim but their commentary is balanced. They post both the good and bad.

Yours is not and, as you should be able to tell from other responses in this thread, I am not the only one who has noticed it.

You keep posting like Blue, I'll keep coming after you...

When I stop thinking that you take every opportunity to take a shot at him, I'll leave you alone.

lol at wanting to strangle a blind father.

Fortunately that game was just before my time. My first Tourney memory of heartbreak was Sherman's last game against Illinois.

Stop taking gratuitous shots at Boeheim and I'll leave you alone.
When I stop thinking that you take every opportunity to take a shot at him, I'll leave you alone.
Harass other posters all you want, that's just a waste of your time and energy. If moderators need additional officers on the payroll, I'm sure they'll give you a call.

I know it's painful but it's history. For those who wish to (re-)experience the ache...

Convenient to exclude the 4 other Sweet 16 losses that Jimmy had... try 6-11 overall in Sweet 16. Fact.

Convenient to exclude the 4 other Sweet 16 losses that Jimmy had... try 6-11 overall in Sweet 16. Fact.
giphy.gif

"Since the expanded brackets came out..."

And I'll conveniently take it a step further: 6-5 since we switched to the zone exclusively. Fact.

"Since the expanded brackets came out..."

And I'll conveniently take it a step further: 6-5 since we switched to the zone exclusively. Fact.

Wait - didn't we go exclusively with the Zone in 2009 after we lost to Le Moyne? We couldn't have played that many Sweet 16 games since then.

^^PS. I really wish would be go back to Man to Man for just the first possession of every game, like we did during the 2003 run - just to mess with the other team who is so focused on facing a Zone D.

Wait - didn't we go exclusively with the Zone in 2009 after we lost to Le Moyne? We couldn't have played that many Sweet 16 games since then.
I think he means the 1996 season but yeah the 2008-09 team for instance played quite a bit of man to man (the Niagara Falls brothers hated the zone and stunk at it), as did teams before that. I think that 2009-10 team was the first I'd seen that didn't play one second of man-to-man and it's been that way ever since.

Since 2009
2009- We completely met expectations losing as a 3 seed to 2 seed .
2010- Injury to AO killed us we lost a 5 seed S16 and that team went on to NC game.
2011- 3 seed horrible ref call in the last minute the NCAA apologized for costed us a 2 point game to a conference rival who had beaten us in the regular season.
2012- 1 seed lost a 2 seed in a tough ball game.
2013- 4 seed made the Final Four and lost a tough game to Michigan.
2014- 3 seed bad lost to Dayton.
2016- 10 seed sweet 16 run.
We have had 2 bad postseason 2011 and 2015. We have had 2 great postseasons 2013 and 2016.
We have had 2 decent postseason runs 2010 and 2012.

JB has done a lot better since 2009.

I think he means the 1996 season but yeah the 2008-09 team for instance played quite a bit of man to man (the Niagara Falls brothers hated the zone and stunk at it), as did teams before that. I think that 2009-10 team was the first I'd seen that didn't play one second of man-to-man and it's been that way ever since.

Correct, 1996. The 2003 team only switched to man when we were behind and had to press.

Correct, 1996. The 2003 team only switched to man when we were behind and had to press.

2003 also played man for the first possession of every game - which I thought was brilliant...

2003 also played man for the first possession of every game - which I thought was brilliant...

I watched every game that season and I don't recall that being the case. Checked a few tournament games on YouTube just now and they were playing zone the first possession in all of them.

I watched every game that season and I don't recall that being the case. Checked a few tournament games on YouTube just now and they were playing zone the first possession in all of them.

weird...

Yeah, I don't have any recollection of this either. Just watched one of these games yesterday and it was zone from the tip off.

2012- 1 seed lost a 2 seed in a tough ball game.
Don't forget that the team's starting center was declared ineligible before the tournament began. That makes the run to the Elite Eight particularly impressive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom