Danny Hurley to the Lakers ?? | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Danny Hurley to the Lakers ??

I don’t think he’s taking the Lakers job

He’s from NJ and his family is still there.
His wife loves the East Coast and didn’t even want to leave NJ for the URI job when he was there. He has things humming at UCONN and has a pretty comfortable gig. I don’t think his personality would translate well in the Pro game. Hurley is a nut and a huge control freak/micromanager. Which works well in the college game obviously. Different ball game in the pros and the guys on the team would get sick of it realllll quick.

I think he’s back at UConn. Would be pretty surprised if he left

staying at uconn

Hurley is an excellent coach and has had two really good teams but a third straight title ain’t happening. Their losses are huge. They did well in the portal and recruiting but still - will be a different year for them I think. That Spencer add last year was huge - they didn’t get that kind of extra frosting in the portal this year.

Makes sense. Why go to the nba where guys won’t listen to you. These guys are primadonnas. This isn’t the nhl where guys will actually listen to a coach.

Exactly. Now, that is a lot of money. But I thought they would go north of 12 million a year.

Yeah I was thinking they go 15 - underneath Kerr but still big. Also 6 years… if you believe in the guy you go big

That would have made him the 4th or 5th highest paid coach in the league to be fair
Yes . And I'm sure those guys have great NBA records. But you are asking a guy that has it made on the East coast to uproot his family and go all the way across the country. It has to be an offer he can't refuse. Both in money and in years.

Smart move. Lebron and Klutch have too much power and say so within the Lakers organization for a coach to do things their own way.

Yes . And I'm sure those guys have great NBA records. But you are asking a guy that has it made on the East coast to uproot his family and go all the way across the country. It has to be an offer he can't refuse. Both in money and in years.

Yep I followed up with the point on years. 10-12 yrs for 120 million sure but only 6 for 11.5 - that sounds like a guess on it being the guy you want.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxfan516

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom