Danny Hurley to the Lakers ?? | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Danny Hurley to the Lakers ??

That would have made him the 4th or 5th highest paid coach in the league to be fair

The Woj tweet mentioned "top 6" so I am going to fo ahead and assume it's 6th. And yes, it's not like its a bad offer. But if you're going to go through all this, leave Redick hanging, you gotta make a huge offer to the guy.

After all that talk you offer the guy 6/70?
Yeah exactly. That 9 figure contract was not real it appears. Is it more money than UConn is going to give him, yes. Not that much more money though that it was worth uprooting your entire life.

Yeah I was thinking they go 15 - underneath Kerr but still big. Also 6 years… if you believe in the guy you go big
I figured it would take 10 years and 80-100 million.

They want JJ but tried to take the heat off him and LBJ by going “all in” on Hurley IMO. There is no coach salary cap. If the Lakers really wanted Hurley they could have offered 30 million more.

Turning down $100M while living in Santa Monica and coaching the Lakers to make half the amount of money, have to work in Storrs, CT seems insane especially considering with NIL and the summer basketball circuit that a CBB coach now is essentially a 12 month a year job.

I think he will go to the NBA for a better opportunity in a year or two. The Lakers are not a good fit.

Also, let's acknowledge - we have some fans that are really bad at the rival aspect of sports.

You don't have to like your rivals. You don't have to respect them. Full stop.

Rutgers, Georgetown, UCONN, etc. - it's ok to unconditionally bucket them as scum.

Heck, that's part of the fun.

I guess I just dont totally get this from the Lakers perspective. This makes the Lakers look pretty bad. What do they get out of it? Alienate the guy they end up hiring? Make the Lakers look like less than the most attractive job?

The Lakers are now like the Knicks. They think there is a special mystique to coaching or playing for them. But the bloom is off the rose. Lakers job is not a good job. There are better jobs out there.

Ah yes, 2x national champion off to the NBA top 2 franchises of all time, Mike Hopkins.

They aren't on the same planet.

My point, which went entirely over your head, is that a guy's reputation can change quicker than you think.

I hope the Lakers hire JJ. I'd love to see how that one would turn out. Hire a dude that has a podcast and does tv commentary, buddy of Lebron, and next to zero coaching experience. It has all the makings of being really successful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxfan516

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom