Class of 2026 - Darien "Pay Day" Moore (NY) Verbal to Seton Hall | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2026 Darien "Pay Day" Moore (NY) Verbal to Seton Hall

His HS beat the number 1 class B team in the state on Tuesday(Tamarac). They play on Saturday for the Section 2 title. Moore had 17.

Darien, I understand, has relocated to the Capital District and is no longer attending the Hudson City Schools. He is going to a private school and is currently not playing ball scholastically (but is playing AAU ball. I will refrain from getting into any more detail at this time. I’m a little bummed as I was looking forward to seeing him progress as a Hudson Bluehawk, but I’m sure I’ll have a chance to watch him live before/if he goes prep.

His HS beat the number 1 class B team in the state on Tuesday(Tamarac). They play on Saturday for the Section 2 title. Moore had 17.

Is he at Catholic Central? I think Roger Wyland (Albany area sports news guy) reported he has a U Albany offer as well.

His teammate Sei’Mir Roberson is also a D1 prospect who also has an offer to Albany.

Another young hot NY/NJ stud for me to invest 4 years following around as he gets invited to the annual summer camp and receives an offer; I will follow his high school and AAU games; his growth as a player and in national rankings, be highly optimistic as he says a few good things about the program; The usual sharks will circle and make their move in their Johnny come lately way...you know the rest. But, I will still go down the same road because I believe in love although love doesn't believe in me.
<sob>

His teammate Sei’Mir Roberson is also a D1 prospect who also has an offer to Albany.
Season ended yesterday in a 51-50 loss to Ichabod Crane in the Class B Sectional final. Roberson had seven and Moore had 13.

This was the route some wanted Dior Johnson to take. Unfortunately for Dior, he got happy feet and attended nine high schools across the country. If Payday stays local at least we have a fighting chance, although I am still bitter that Andre Jackson spurned us for Yukon.

With a nickname like "Payday" as an 8th grader, there is literally zero chance we will get this kid.

Moore is having a great freshman year for CCHS, a team that is currently ranked #2 in NYS Class B and starting three freshman. He is averaging around 25 points per game.

Also recently named to the Newschannel 13 All Star team, a great honor for a freshman.

Last edited:
Moore is having a great freshman year for CCHS, a team that is currently ranked #2 in NYS Class B and starting three freshman. He is averaging around 25 points per game.

Also recently named to the Newschannel 13 All Star team, a great honor for a freshman.

Dude is a FRESHMAN and is already built like a truck!

Oh My!

A 15-year season ticket holder, I actually sold my tickets for today's game, mostly because I was worn down by the events of the past few weeks. Making the 2 1/2-hour drive from Glens Falls in iffy weather just didn't seem worth it, in spite of all the festivities. That being said, rather than looking in the rearview mirror at what used to be, I thought it might be more interesting to look at future possibilities. So I made the short trip to today's Section 2, Class B title game between Glens Falls and Catholic Central in order to check out "Payday" in person at the Cool Insuring Arena. And although I did miss Cuse's win over Wake Forest today (of course - lmao), I must say it was a real eye-opener to see this 15-year-old freshman in action. Without a doubt, he is as good as advertised... maybe better. hBy my calculations (totally unofficial), he finished with 27 points, 7 rebounds, 3 steals and 3 assists. In a wide variety of ways, he connected on 11 of 20 2-point field goals, including a high-elevation pull-up in the lane, a weaving coast-to-coast layup through a collection of GF defenders, an acrobatic finish at the rim with his left hand, a nifty layup after a zig-zag trip down the lane that demonstrated a tight handle with either hand, and a pair of high-flying dunks... authoritative dunks that honestly reminded me of Judah's efforts. While he only made 1 of the 4 threes, the one he made came off a lightning-quick crossover and step-back that totally froze his defender. And for good measure, he sank both his free throws. To say it was an impressive performance would be an understatement. I'll be interested to see how he does as the Crusaders continue play in the regionals. As for his long-term future, my instincts (and while I coached high-school hoop for almost 25 years, I'm certainly no expert) tell me that he would be well-served to get out of Class B. He is listed at 6-3 and while he's been described as a man on this thread, I saw a well-built teenager who still has room to grow, if not vertically then most certainly in terms of his overall physique. DilemaCuse mentioned Dion Waiters, and I could see that, except perhaps with a somewhat better outside shot at his age. Just off the top of my head, I could see him improving and excelling at Wilbraham and Monson under Mike Mannix, who had a "bit" of success with Kyle Filipowski. From my admittedly tiny sample size, I obviously would hope Syracuse would be heavily involved in his recruitment. That being said, l'm dubious as to whether he would ever wind up in central NY, especially considering our recruitment acumen of late and the state of the program. To be blunt, the skeptic in me wonders if he will simply become "too good" for us to ever have a chance? Here's hoping I'm totally wrong!! After all, I didn't have much faith in the Orange for today's game, and look how that turned out!! What a pleasant surprise! And yes, I'm sorry that I missed it:)

A 15-year season ticket holder, I actually sold my tickets for today's game, mostly because I was worn down by the events of the past few weeks. Making the 2 1/2-hour drive from Glens Falls in iffy weather just didn't seem worth it, in spite of all the festivities. That being said, rather than looking in the rearview mirror at what used to be, I thought it might be more interesting to look at future possibilities. So I made the short trip to today's Section 2, Class B title game between Glens Falls and Catholic Central in order to check out "Payday" in person at the Cool Insuring Arena. And although I did miss Cuse's win over Wake Forest today (of course - lmao), I must say it was a real eye-opener to see this 15-year-old freshman in action. Without a doubt, he is as good as advertised... maybe better. hBy my calculations (totally unofficial), he finished with 27 points, 7 rebounds, 3 steals and 3 assists. In a wide variety of ways, he connected on 11 of 20 2-point field goals, including a high-elevation pull-up in the lane, a weaving coast-to-coast layup through a collection of GF defenders, an acrobatic finish at the rim with his left hand, a nifty layup after a zig-zag trip down the lane that demonstrated a tight handle with either hand, and a pair of high-flying dunks... authoritative dunks that honestly reminded me of Judah's efforts. While he only made 1 of the 4 threes, the one he made came off a lightning-quick crossover and step-back that totally froze his defender. And for good measure, he sank both his free throws. To say it was an impressive performance would be an understatement. I'll be interested to see how he does as the Crusaders continue play in the regionals. As for his long-term future, my instincts (and while I coached high-school hoop for almost 25 years, I'm certainly no expert) tell me that he would be well-served to get out of Class B. He is listed at 6-3 and while he's been described as a man on this thread, I saw a well-built teenager who still has room to grow, if not vertically then most certainly in terms of his overall physique. DilemaCuse mentioned Dion Waiters, and I could see that, except perhaps with a somewhat better outside shot at his age. Just off the top of my head, I could see him improving and excelling at Wilbraham and Monson under Mike Mannix, who had a "bit" of success with Kyle Filipowski. From my admittedly tiny sample size, I obviously would hope Syracuse would be heavily involved in his recruitment. That being said, l'm dubious as to whether he would ever wind up in central NY, especially considering our recruitment acumen of late and the state of the program. To be blunt, the skeptic in me wonders if he will simply become "too good" for us to ever have a chance? Here's hoping I'm totally wrong!! After all, I didn't have much faith in the Orange for today's game, and look how that turned out!! What a pleasant surprise! And yes, I'm sorry that I missed it:)
Great write up. Here is one from the Troy Record. Both are good but I like yours better.

I went to today's game, Catholic Central vs Potsdam. I had a feeling that it was going to be a blowout as Potsdam had 12 losses going into the game.

So CCHS basically pressured Potsdam all over the court and Potsdam couldn't handle it. Plus CCHS was very prolific from three. They had four different guys who made 3's in the 1st quarter.

It was 27-7 after one and 45-15 at the half. Moore had couple baskets and a couple FT's but missed about three bunnies. CCHS really didn't need a big game from Moore as everyone was contributing and they subbed him out twice in the 1st half.

Since Potsdam really struggled, Van Wagner was a big part of that. They couldn't handle the pressure so Van Wagner had really no presence on the offensive end. He's lean, even for an eight grader, but he's got four years to develop physically. Moore is much more advanced physically.

I ended up leaving at half time as I didn't expect Potsdam to come back from being down 40 points. Plus I didn't expect Moore to play a ton more. Also we were getting hungry, so why delay dinner.

Last edited:
I went to today's game, Catholic Central vs Potsdam. I had a feeling that it was going to be a blowout as Potsdam had 12 losses going into the game.

So CCHS basically pressured Potsdam all over the court and Potsdam couldn't handle it. Plus CCHS was very prolific from three. They had four different guys who made 3's in the 1st quarter.

It was 27-7 after one and 45-15 at the half. Moore had couple baskets and a couple FT's but missed about three bunnies. CCHS really didn't need a big game from Moore as everyone was contributing and they subbed him out twice in the 1st half.

Since Potsdam really struggled, Van Wagner was a big part of that. They couldn't handle the pressure so Van Wagner had really no presence on the offensive end. He's lean, even for an eight grader, but he's got four years to develop physically Moore is much more advanced physically.

I ended up leaving at half time as I didn't expect Potsdam to come back from being down 40 points. Plus I didn't expect Moore to play a ton more. Also we were getting hungry, so why delay dinner.

I was hoping you'd go and share.. thanks. I didn't have high hopes for Potsdam in this one. They really weren't expected to do much this year to begin with but went on a little run to end the season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom