Class of 2014 - DB Deion Hallmon (FL) Offered | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 DB Deion Hallmon (FL) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of Hallmon rumors floating around.

He's apparently notified the head coach of the staff he's comitting to.

any of those rumors say that coach is Shafer?

The crystal ball on 247 has two guys this morning predicting he is choosing Rutgers. Considering one of those two is our buddy Hunt, I feel good about him choosing SU..

The crystal ball on 247 has two guys this morning predicting he is choosing Rutgers. Considering one of those two is our buddy Hunt, I feel good about him choosing SU..

247 is 50/50 on Syracuse/Rutgers. What I take note of though is that all of the Florida writers (including the OSentinel) are picking Syracuse.

He also says he's going to commit and then only take ONE visit - to that school. Read into it that what you will be he's allegedly scheduled to visit Syracuse on 9/13.

I wont believe anything until the LOI is faxed but we'll see what happens. He also apparently received a few more offers last week.

247 is 50/50 on Syracuse/Rutgers. What I take note of though is that all of the Florida writers (including the OSentinel) are picking Syracuse.

He also says he's going to commit and then only take ONE visit - to that school. Read into it that what you will be he's allegedly scheduled to visit Syracuse on 9/13.

I wont believe anything until the LOI is faxed but we'll see what happens. He also apparently received a few more offers last week.

LOL this kids recruitment is a combination whirlwind/nightmare. God only knows who he will commit to on 8/26, it looks like Syracuse but it could easily be Rutgers, FSU, Maine who the hell knows. All I know is whoever he commits to on the 26th should hold off on the celeberation, hes going to change his mind a dozen times after that.

LOL this kids recruitment is a combination whirlwind/nightmare. God only knows who he will commit to on 8/26, it looks like Syracuse but it could easily be Rutgers, FSU, Maine who the hell knows. All I know is whoever he commits to on the 26th should hold off on the celeberation, hes going to change his mind a dozen times after that.

Hey there were lots of folks on here that were convinced that Estime would never step foot on campus. I guess we will all just have to wait and see what happens with Hallmon.

Hey there were lots of folks on here that were convinced that Estime would never step foot on campus. I guess we will all just have to wait and see what happens with Hallmon.

Took the words out of my mouth. After reading the McDonald article - I think he stays loyal to coach no matter what.

I don't think a FL kid will turn on him easily.

Trust me I want this kid playing for Syracuse but its clear if he commits here on 8/26 he might be the softest verbal of all time. Just tyring to keep some perspective here.

Took the words out of my mouth. After reading the McDonald article - I think he stays loyal to coach no matter what.

I don't think a FL kid will turn on him easily.

Well I hope you've had all your shots.;)

Trust me I want this kid playing for Syracuse but its clear if he commits here on 8/26 he might be the softest verbal of all time. Just tyring to keep some perspective here.

Trust me, I know how frustrating recruiting can be . I can't even imagine having to deal with teenagers. Especially with some of these kids that come from nothing and they see this as their opportunity to everything. I can see how they could be swayed by "promises" from other programs. That said I am going to put my faith in Coach McDonald and his ability to recruit kids that will end up signing their LOI to play for Syracuse.

Yeah, it is 50-50 now, a few weeks back it was heavier in favor of Cuse. Hunt and the other guy from this morning both flipped their selections. Hunt likely has his usual bogus info and the other guy probably followed what Hunt said. I didn't know Deion said he was only taking one visit. He has SU scheduled for 9/13 and then he said last weekend that he is visiting Wisconsin in October. Lord knows you can't read into anything with Deion, but maybe he tossed that visit in so he wouldn't reveal whom he is committing to. Or maybe I need to get a life and stop trying to read into this insane situation!

we all know this won't be over until his loi is faxed but he's quoted today saying he will only visit the school he commits to. He says he wont take any other visits. Would he actually shut down his recruitment after a public decision?

and I'll say it again, we all know this won't be over until his loi is faxed.

These are the money quotes:

“I thought about it and I want to get this out the way before the season,” said Hallmon, the class of 2014 standout, “and then just focus on the season and keep in contact with the coaches... so I have noting to worry about.”

Hallmon had originally planned to make his selection after taking a couple visits, but has since changed his tune. Hallmon's sole visit will now occur after the talented cornerback makes his collegiate selection.

“When I commit, then I'll take my official visit to that school,” Hallmon said. "And that's the only visit I'll be taking."

“I already told the head coach of the school that I'm committing to,” he said. “And they are just waiting for August 26 for it to go public. He was shocked, and he was very happy.”

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i...lmon_to_decide_aug_26_rutgers_a_finalist.html

we all know this won't be over until his loi is faxed but he's quoted today saying he will only visit the school he commits to. He says he wont take any other visits. Would he actually shut down his recruitment after a public decision?

and I'll say it again, we all know this won't be over until his loi is faxed.

These are the money quotes:

“I thought about it and I want to get this out the way before the season,” said Hallmon, the class of 2014 standout, “and then just focus on the season and keep in contact with the coaches... so I have noting to worry about.”

Hallmon had originally planned to make his selection after taking a couple visits, but has since changed his tune. Hallmon's sole visit will now occur after the talented cornerback makes his collegiate selection.

“When I commit, then I'll take my official visit to that school,” Hallmon said. "And that's the only visit I'll be taking."

“I already told the head coach of the school that I'm committing to,” he said. “And they are just waiting for August 26 for it to go public. He was shocked, and he was very happy.”

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i...lmon_to_decide_aug_26_rutgers_a_finalist.html

Judging from those quotes, I actually have a pretty good feeling about it (strangely enough).

I believe his only announced official visit was cuse in September. Time will tell with this one.

Dawson and Hallmon would be a phenomenal tandem at CB to pick up.

the "he was shocked" quote scares me a little. Could this mean Wisky?

I'm trying to understand why McDonald would be shocked with this decision.

the "he was shocked" quote scares me a little. Could this mean Wisky?

I'm trying to understand why McDonald would be shocked with this decision.

I think he was referring to the head coach of the school.

Maybe shocked that a kid would decide before physically seeing the school he was choosing. Unless of course they are doing those Skype tours again like they did with that QB from TX that can't be named.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom