Class of 2014 - DB Deion Hallmon (FL) Offered | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 DB Deion Hallmon (FL) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he told the head coach that he's committing, then why would Eric White still be pumped about the decision if its not cuse? I get the feeling that this staff is good at moving on.

If he told the head coach that he's committing, then why would Eric White still be pumped about the decision if its not cuse? I get the feeling that this staff is good at moving on.
Well at this point they have to be.

If it's Rutgers, I'm beginning to think something $EC like is going on over there. They don't have tons of proven recruiters, schedule and record are paper-tigers, B1G is not big enough to garner this many high quality guys. Flood is an unproven coach. Don't get it.

Well at this point they have to be.

Unfortunately that statement is spot on. No idea if theres some weird coincidence behind it but I have never seen so many cancelled visits in one year and were only in August. I know this staff was given the label as excellent recruiters but there have been some mystifying recruitments to far in this class. Still holding a pretty dame good class but I think people predicting a top 35-40 class were a little ahead of themselves.

If it's Rutgers, I'm beginning to think something $EC like is going on over there. They don't have tons of proven recruiters, schedule and record are paper-tigers, B1G is not big enough to garner this many high quality guys. Flood is an unproven coach. Don't get it.

Not going to accuse them of S$C ike shaningans but something definitely is up especially after last years RU class was pretty pedestrian. Give them credit they do a hell of a job getting top end skill players in NJ to commit to them.

I don't think his visit has anything to do with his college choice. He has no other visits scheduled, maybe he just didn't want to tip his hand? Just my two cents.

Maybe the RU staff are better recuiters than we tend to give them credit for. They are the flagship in a state with a lot of high end talent and they are moving to the Big Ten. I think it is time to make peace with it.

I don't think his visit has anything to do with his college choice. He has no other visits scheduled, maybe he just didn't want to tip his hand? Just my two cents.

He stated before that he was going to visit the school he commited to on the 26th. Would seem odd he would cancel his visit if he was going to commit to SU. Either way this kids recruitment is allready becoming a hassle. I hope he picks the best school for him on the 26th and we can all move on or welcome him to SU.

Not going to accuse them of S$C ike shaningans but something definitely is up especially after last years RU class was pretty pedestrian. Give them credit they do a hell of a job getting top end skill players in NJ to commit to them.

Yeah - I'm not wanting to go there either... just seems off.

Maybe the RU staff are better recuiters than we tend to give them credit for. They are the flagship in a state with a lot of high end talent and they are moving to the Big Ten. I think it is time to make peace with it.

Maybe they are beating commitments out of kids ... seemed to work for hoops.

Unfortunately that statement is spot on. No idea if theres some weird coincidence behind it but I have never seen so many cancelled visits in one year and were only in August. I know this staff was given the label as excellent recruiters but there have been some mystifying recruitments to far in this class. Still holding a pretty dame good class but I think people predicting a top 35-40 class were a little ahead of themselves.
McDonald is the only real recruiter a far as I can recall. Maybe Daoust is strong for us? That's about it.

McDonald is the only real recruiter a far as I can recall. Maybe Daoust is strong for us? That's about it.

Yeah I guess that is true, thought I heard Lester was a decent recruiter, maybe not. I was hoping getting out of NJ would help Moore take that next step as a recruiter but somehow things are just as bad if not worse.

I honestly haven't been keeping track but who's McDonald landed so far this year?

McDonald gets a lot of credit but it's not really warranted at this point. He gets us in the discussion but hasn't closed anybody. His big fish last year wasn't qualified. His two others were 'under the radar' kids in Batten and Estime.

Yeah I guess that is true, thought I heard Lester was a decent recruiter, maybe not. I was hoping getting out of NJ would help Moore take that next step as a recruiter but somehow things are just as bad if not worse.
And you know this how?

People really need to quit speaking in "absolutes" like they're privy to inside information that is only known by the staff and VERY few others close to the program.

It's August...relax.

And you know this how?

People really need to quit speaking in "absolutes" like they're privy to inside information that is only known by the staff and VERY few others close to the program.

It's August...relax.

I am not talking about the recruiting class, I am talking about Moore and some of us do have information that doesn't get out to the general public. Theres a reason Moore doesn't recruit NJ anymore and his comments about the NYC players hasn't helped at all. He may eventually turn into a great recruiter but so far to date hes been bad and thats being nice.

I honestly haven't been keeping track but who's McDonald landed so far this year?

McDonald gets a lot of credit but it's not really warranted at this point. He gets us in the discussion but hasn't closed anybody. His big fish last year wasn't qualified. His two others were 'under the radar' kids in Batten and Estime.
Ha well on reputation I meant. Clearly nothing this year and 2 guys last year late and a non qualifier that is open to other offers.

Ha well on reputation I meant. Clearly nothing this year and 2 guys last year late and a non qualifier that is open to other offers.

Agreed, but to his defense he still has some big names out there he is the main guy on.

These are both South Florida guys. You can't tell a kid not to talk to his "buddy" just because its public forum. Maybe they have become friends, brothers, cousins, or what not. This is totally legal in all regards because its not the coaches that reach out and make that statement.

I thought I saw that if the players knew each other prior to college, it was okay?
I think the rule is that it's okay for a booster to pay for gifts/travel as long as they had a relationship before the player was being recruited or something like that.

There's no way it's a violation for a current player to tweet at a recruit. These kids go on visits and make friends at all different schools. Is the NCAA trying to legislate friendship now?

Status
Not open for further replies.