Class of 2014 - DB Deion Hallmon (FL) Offered | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 DB Deion Hallmon (FL) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zaire@ZiggySmalls_17h
We just got this big time receiver, need you to bring him back to earth in practice and make each other better! #JoinTheFam @DeionHallmon

Zaire and AJ are ridiculously awesome on the recruiting front.

Oh wow.

Perfect.

It already seems like we got 3 fan favorite. Aj and Zaire, because of there undying allegiance even before dawning orange and blue on the field.

and

KJ Williams because of his fuggin awesome beard.

Maybe he had established a prior relationship if Deion met, Direct messaged or tweeted him that's enough #fingerscrossed

Was curious about that. How so?
Is he a booster? If so, it's a violation - explicit proscription against "boosters" getting involved in recruiting, including unsolicited written contact. If the NCAA chooses to police it, this is the kind of case that is easily identified for follow-up. Unlike Joe Schmo regular fan (especially if it's a current student) who tweets a guy and may or may not be a booster.

I'm all for fans being a part of the recruiting process because it is so difficult to police and the NCAA will never do such a thing. Now, with a former athlete of the program contacting recruits, I think that could be a red flag for the NCAA to step in. I don't know what came of the Wes Welker situation (maybe nothing) but I'd rather play it safe when it comes to former athletes and just have them just so happen to be working out at the school the day they visit. And Tyree saying he is at the NFL offices probably doesn't help t either. Hopefully nothing comes of it...

I seem to recall this is not the first prospect he has tweeted...anyone remember?

Edit...Now I remember. It was Klock but it was like a tweet through another source.

saw on the UConn board a post showing a bunch of tweets that Anthony Davis was sending to Chad Mavety disparaging SU and pushing him to go play for Flood at RU (posted by some rutgirls fan)

they can pursue that violation first

I forgot that one. Yeah, that one is actually much worse considering it involved negative recruiting and back and forth banter between the professional athlete and the recruit (ala Wes Welker). This looks like it could be the next NCAA violation that will be consistently broken. Once again, I'd much rather stay safe on this one though.

For the 1000th time, this stuff is unenforceable. By the book, its a violation. But the NCAA isnt monitoring what David Tyree or any other NFL player is tweeting at prospective recruits. Tweet away David Tyree, tweet away.

And even if anything were to happen, you trade the potential wrist slap by a toothless NCAA to improve the chances of landing the kid. Our current crop of coaches/recruiting staff clearly agree with this premise if anyone follows their respective twitter feeds. They've certainly started to test the line (which I think is a good idea).

I'm all for fans being a part of the recruiting process because it is so difficult to police and the NCAA will never do such a thing. Now, with a former athlete of the program contacting recruits, I think that could be a red flag for the NCAA to step in. I don't know what came of the Wes Welker situation (maybe nothing) but I'd rather play it safe when it comes to former athletes and just have them just so happen to be working out at the school the day they visit. And Tyree saying he is at the NFL offices probably doesn't help t either. Hopefully nothing comes of it...

He's not currently on an NFL roster though is he? I was curious how that affected things.

For the 1000th time, this stuff is unenforceable. By the book, its a violation. But the NCAA isnt monitoring what David Tyree or any other NFL player is tweeting at prospective recruits. Tweet away David Tyree, tweet away.

And even if anything were to happen, you trade the potential wrist slap by a toothless NCAA to improve the chances of landing the kid. Our current crop of coaches/recruiting staff clearly agree with this premise if anyone follows their respective twitter feeds. They've certainly started to test the line (which I think is a good idea).

I think that if the staff was concerned about Tyree tweeting prospects they would have discouraged him after the Klock tweet. I am sure they monitor all the prospects' twitter. I agree how the heck is the NCAA going to enforce what someone tweets. Nothing is given, nothing is promised ...just free speech.

I forgot that one. Yeah, that one is actually much worse considering it involved negative recruiting and back and forth banter between the professional athlete and the recruit (ala Wes Welker). This looks like it could be the next NCAA violation that will be consistently broken. Once again, I'd much rather stay safe on this one though.

He must have learned how to recruit from Schiano. If there's nothing good to say about your own school, make up negative stuff about the other schools. I guess he didn't want to mention their one conference championship in school history (that was split with half the league).

Someone should ask him how soft Art Jones is.

saw on the UConn board a post showing a bunch of tweets that Anthony Davis was sending to Chad Mavety disparaging SU and pushing him to go play for Flood at RU (posted by some rutgirls fan)

they can pursue that violation first

Didn't see that. Perhaps we could get Justin Pugh to tweet him to level the playing field although being in NY I'm sure he's aware who the Giants drafted in the first round.

Funny thing with Davis is Schiano tried to convince him he wouldn't be drafted that high or something to try and get him back for another year. IIRC Davis didn't take that too well especially after being drafted as highly as he was.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...tes-his-contract-by-taking-a-shot-at-schiano/

It is not unenforceable. It is difficult to enforce in many cases, but as several here have stated, this kind of singular case lends itself to easy enforcement.

Is it selectively-enforceable? That may be the saving grace. If the NCAA cracks down on statements made in a publicly accessible forum, and everyone in the world can see that they are letting Ohio State etc. off the hook, they're really dead as a governing body. Everyone suspects that there is selective enforcement now on "traditional" recruiting activities, but that involves information not generally visible to, and available to, the public - especially to fans of opposing teams. Thus difficult to prove.

It is not unenforceable. It is difficult to enforce in many cases, but as several here have stated, this kind of singular case lends itself to easy enforcement.

Is it selectively-enforceable? That may be the saving grace. If the NCAA cracks down on statements made in a publicly accessible forum, and everyone in the world can see that they are letting Ohio State etc. off the hook, they're really dead as a governing body. Everyone suspects that there is selective enforcement now on "traditional" recruiting activities, but that involves information not generally visible to, and available to, the public - especially to fans of opposing teams. Thus difficult to prove.

Unenforceable might not be the right word, but there is a 0.0000001% chance that this results in anything. Its enforceable, but so is jaywalking. Its just probably not priority for the NCAA (and therefore worth any minimal risk).

And again, this staff has seemingly co-signed on pushing the line over social media, along with many other schools. Very happy to see we are playing the game a little bit. I'm not asking for nor do I condone downright cheating, but I'm glad we're pushing boundaries along with many other schools against some of the sillier NCAA rules.

Didn't see that. Perhaps we could get Justin Pugh to tweet him to level the playing field although being in NY I'm sure he's aware who the Giants drafted in the first round.

Funny thing with Davis is Schiano tried to convince him he wouldn't be drafted that high or something to try and get him back for another year. IIRC Davis didn't take that too well especially after being drafted as highly as he was.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/05/anthony-davis-celebrates-his-contract-by-taking-a-shot-at-schiano/[/quote]

shady schiano might be the 1 contract NFL guy

Unenforceable might not be the right word, but there is a 0.0000001% chance that this results in anything. Its enforceable, but so is jaywalking. Its just probably not priority for the NCAA (and therefore worth any minimal risk).

And again, this staff has seemingly co-signed on pushing the line over social media, along with many other schools. Very happy to see we are playing the game a little bit. I'm not asking for nor do I condone downright cheating, but I'm glad we're pushing boundaries along with many other schools against some of the sillier NCAA rules.

Whenever I see this discussion, all I think is - NCAA - Cam Newton - nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.