Class of 2014 - DB Deion Hallmon (FL) Offered | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 DB Deion Hallmon (FL) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand the rules and the intent, but I really can't understand how the NCAA can "morally" hold any school accountable for the actions of fans, or even former players, who cannot be reasonably expected to know the rules. We know because we are on this forum, but I assure you that people that don't frequent these boards have no clue they are breaking rules that could injure the school. If they punish a school for the actions of online fans, I just don't see how it could hold up in court. Fans don't have an NCAA recruiting oversight staff to keep them straight...

Whenever I see this discussion, all I think is - NCAA - Cam Newton - nothing

Cue:
443886152.gif

Not to mention that I could pretend to be a fan of another school and try to get them in trouble, u have no way of knowing.

#CuseTwitterArmy

There always ways of knowing. The web isn't as wild west as people think.

Not to mention that I could pretend to be a fan of another school and try to get them in trouble, u have no way of knowing.

#CuseTwitterArmy

This is exactly why I think it would be unenforceable, practically speaking. Fans from one program could set up other programs as you describe.

There always ways of knowing. The web isn't as wild west as people think.

Sure, but it's not an easy process to discover people, especially if they're using public computers or IP spoofing software. How many twitter monitors would the NCAA have to hire to police this?

I understand the rules and the intent, but I really can't understand how the NCAA can "morally" hold any school accountable for the actions of fans, or even former players, who cannot be reasonably expected to know the rules. We know because we are on this forum, but I assure you that people that don't frequent these boards have no clue they are breaking rules that could injure the school. If they punish a school for the actions of online fans, I just don't see how it could hold up in court. Fans don't have an NCAA recruiting oversight staff to keep them straight...
If Coaches from Alabama can send out 105 letters in one day to one kid (Kamara), which I would call way over the line, then how could the NCAA stop twitter fans. In fact they haven't. If the NCAA starts this war, it will not end well, this is teh world we live in today. My son takes a picture of evrey meal he eats, probably before and after, and posts just about evreything immaginable. There is no way this is going to be managed from a fans perspective. Coaches and Alumns with Intrest in the program, that is another, but still it would have to be quite flagrant IMO.

Sure, but it's not an easy process to discover people, especially if they're using public computers or IP spoofing software. How many twitter monitors would the NCAA have to hire to police this?

Right. I'm in the camp that thinks its largely unenforceable. If they found $ was involved, tracking IP, etc. would be more worth the cost.

None they just call the NSA :D

It is not unenforceable. It is difficult to enforce in many cases, but as several here have stated, this kind of singular case lends itself to easy enforcement.

Is it selectively-enforceable? That may be the saving grace. If the NCAA cracks down on statements made in a publicly accessible forum, and everyone in the world can see that they are letting Ohio State etc. off the hook, they're really dead as a governing body. Everyone suspects that there is selective enforcement now on "traditional" recruiting activities, but that involves information not generally visible to, and available to, the public - especially to fans of opposing teams. Thus difficult to prove.
Simple.. a Rutgers fan hacked Tyree's account.. He was just having a come to jesus...

We certainly could be pain a worse spot, but if he really won't visit us until after Rutgers, that clearly puts them in the drivers seat for him. Gotta hope SS and Co. Can do something to change his mind.

For the 1000th time, this stuff is unenforceable. By the book, its a violation. But the NCAA isnt monitoring what David Tyree or any other NFL player is tweeting at prospective recruits. Tweet away David Tyree, tweet away.

And even if anything were to happen, you trade the potential wrist slap by a toothless NCAA to improve the chances of landing the kid. Our current crop of coaches/recruiting staff clearly agree with this premise if anyone follows their respective twitter feeds. They've certainly started to test the line (which I think is a good idea).

I agree. If the NCAA can't put Miami away for all the flagrant fouls they committed, I feel much less worried about tweeting.

We certainly could be pain a worse spot, but if he really won't visit us until after Rutgers, that clearly puts them in the drivers seat for him. Gotta hope SS and Co. Can do something to change his mind.

We just have to get him here, Clemson will be sick

I would think that puts us in a good spot. He'll see/smell NJ first hand and drop them in his top 5 immediately.

They'll likely try and get him up for the 9/21 game vs Arkansas because the rest of their home schedule is putrid. We can have him up 2 weeks later when we're 4-0 and Clemson is at the Dome for a nationally televised matchup between 2 ranked teams.

this kid is definitely giving contradicting interviews. i have a feeling he is a people pleaser, as well as an attention whore. No matter what he says it won't matter until NSD. Until then I'm not even going to waste my time following his recruitment.

The 50 offers seems awfully suspicious to me.

Deion Hallmon@DeionHallmon5m
Got invited to play in the under armor all American game #TurnUp
Details Expand Collapse

Hopefully this will be one more game to prepare him for his career at Syracuse.

RECRUITS – Make sure Rivals and ESPN have ALL of your offers listed. Tell your fellow recruits to do the same.

Last Updated: Offers: 7/18/2013 Commits: 7/18/2013

Follow @RankByOffers on Twitter for update notifications.
Rank
Player Name
Position
City
Committed to
FBS Offers
Top 25 Offers
Offer Points
Joe Mixon
RB
Oakley, CA
Brandon Simmons
DB
Mansfield, TX
Stanford
Quincy Wilson
DB
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Deion Hallmon
DB
Weston, FL
Da’Shawn Hand
DE
Woodbridge, VA
Josh Malone
WR
Gallatin, TN
Orlando Brown
OL
Duluth, GA
Tennessee
Andy Bauer
OL
St. Louis, MO
Mississippi
Jacob Pugh
LB
Tallahassee, FL
Florida State
Malachi Dupre
WR
River Ridge, LA
Lorenzo Carter
DE
Norcross, GA
Richard Yeargin III
LB
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Bryson Allen-Williams
LB
Ellenwood, GA
South Carolina
Nyles Morgan
LB
Crete, IL
Dwight Williams
LB
Gardena, CA
Mattrell McGraw
DB
River Ridge, LA
Solomon Thomas
DE
Coppell, TX
Vincent Jackson
LB
Tampa, FL
Myles Autry
WR
Norcross, GA
Peyton Newell
DE
Hiawatha, KS
Damian Prince
OL
Forestville, MD
D’Andre Payne
DB
Washington, DC
Tennessee
Khairi Clark
DT
Hollywood, FL
Florida
Andrew Williams
DE
McDonough, GA
Arrion Springs
DB
San Antonio, TX
Oregon

So according to this he does have 46 offers and 6 are top 25. Oh and out of these 25 kids, only 8 have committed anywhere as of 7/18. Guess he won't be the only one with a lengthy recruitment.

Status
Not open for further replies.