Class of 2014 - DB Deion Hallmon (FL) Offered | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 DB Deion Hallmon (FL) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did you see that he cancelled his visit?

It was on a pay site. He said it is postponed. To me, the kid doesn't want to tip his hand because he said he is taking one official after he commits. So, he is clearing the SU visit out to try and keep things a mystery. Or, he isn't. that is pretty much the story with DH!

I think the rule is that it's okay for a booster to pay for gifts/travel as long as they had a relationship before the player was being recruited or something like that.

There's no way it's a violation for a current player to tweet at a recruit. These kids go on visits and make friends at all different schools. Is the NCAA trying to legislate friendship now?

I've long since given up trying to figure out how the NCAA applies rules to twitter. It's annoyingly obvious that they don't have their shiz together on these issues.

It was on a pay site. He said it is postponed. To me, the kid doesn't want to tip his hand because he said he is taking one official after he commits. So, he is clearing the SU visit out to try and keep things a mystery. Or, he isn't. that is pretty much the story with DH!

Thanks. I tend to check here far more often than I check there.

Or maybe he is postponing the visit because the staff would rather he visit for Clemson than Wagner.

Postponed != Cancelled

This is Hallmon we are talking about. postponed could equal canceled, or it could equal he is still visiting. Or... you get the point!

Right, but a previous poster said it was canceled. That's not definite.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I honestly haven't been keeping track but who's McDonald landed so far this year?

McDonald gets a lot of credit but it's not really warranted at this point. He gets us in the discussion but hasn't closed anybody. His big fish last year wasn't qualified. His two others were 'under the radar' kids in Batten and Estime.

He's got an offense to run. He should be spending most of his time in Syracuse. Recruiting for him has to be a secondary consideration. That's why it's important for everyone else to pull their weight. FL trips are at least an overnight proposition. I'm sure when he was just an assistant, he was down there once a week. Harder to do that now.

I know McDonald has all these connections in FL but if I were Shafer, I'd give McDonald a shot at upstate NY and northern NJ. If he can hit if off with all the northern carpetbagger coaches down there, he'll have no problem with the ones who stayed up here. When he goes down to Jersey, he can visit a bunch of schools in a day and be back to work the next morning. They should work it like P did with Deleone. Deleone handled our backyard and Jersey. He made the odd trip down to Houston but for one or two guys a year at most. Less time and effort is needed for talented recruiters like McDonald to get the 6-hour radius kids to visit than the ones farther away. When they actually get them on campus, our odds improve dramatically.

I think he was referring to the head coach of the school.
If it really is Flood who was shocked (and he was genuinely shocked), then he should take stock of what their boosters are doing, and get out ahead of it.

I'm just shocked at your confidence with this kid. I don't know how anybody could feel confident he has truly locked onto anyone at this point, let alone SU specifically.

Hopefully you are right though. having him in the fold would be huge.

Looking like this is a lot more 50/50 then we thought. I think he is playing both sides. I know we no longer feel he is 100%. Before when asked about his comments to Hunt and he said they were for "hype". I don't think we are as confident as we were just a couple days ago.

As for postponing the visit I wouldn't read too much into that. I just don't think he wants to tip his hand and wants to soak up as much of this as he can.

Looking like this is a lot more 50/50 then we thought. I think he is playing both sides. I know we no longer feel he is 100%. Before when asked about his comments to Hunt and he said they were for "hype". I don't think we are as confident as we were just a couple days ago.

As for postponing the visit I wouldn't read too much into that. I just don't think he wants to tip his hand and wants to soak up as much of this as he can.

It's 100/0 at this point if he's already informed a head coach. I'd assume if he's committing to Syracuse the staff already knows.

You have been telling us he is Orange?! Now it's 50/50?
I think we are following this storyline a bit too close.
He would be a great pickup, but he also seems like a big attention seeker.

You have been telling us he is Orange?! Now it's 50/50?
I think we are following this storyline a bit too close.
He would be a great pickup, but he also seems like a big attention seeker.

i mean it is recruiting. it's not like this stuff isn't fluid, plus with this kid he is all over the place. He has given different interviews pending on who exactly he is talking too. Things change, but with this kid I think it's just better to sit back and see what happends because I don't think anyone, even the coaches who are recruiting him, have a clue what he is doing.

White seems pretty excited about next Monday. He isn't imploring the Twitter Army for help, more like an excited guy who got a SV from Deion but wants everyone to keep the love going. Holy crap I need to get a life! Let's see what happens Monday!

He's got an offense to run. He should be spending most of his time in Syracuse. Recruiting for him has to be a secondary consideration. That's why it's important for everyone else to pull their weight. FL trips are at least an overnight proposition. I'm sure when he was just an assistant, he was down there once a week. Harder to do that now.

I know McDonald has all these connections in FL but if I were Shafer, I'd give McDonald a shot at upstate NY and northern NJ. If he can hit if off with all the northern carpetbagger coaches down there, he'll have no problem with the ones who stayed up here. When he goes down to Jersey, he can visit a bunch of schools in a day and be back to work the next morning. They should work it like P did with Deleone. Deleone handled our backyard and Jersey. He made the odd trip down to Houston but for one or two guys a year at most. Less time and effort is needed for talented recruiters like McDonald to get the 6-hour radius kids to visit than the ones farther away. When they actually get them on campus, our odds improve dramatically.

Great points and totally agree.

Ask yourselves this question? Would Eric White be tweeting if he knew that Hallmon was going elsewhere? If the staff has already been informed, and Rutgers was ultimately Hallmon's choice, would you really want everyone tuned in to his decision ?

I think the rule is that it's okay for a booster to pay for gifts/travel as long as they had a relationship before the player was being recruited or something like that.

There's no way it's a violation for a current player to tweet at a recruit. These kids go on visits and make friends at all different schools. Is the NCAA trying to legislate friendship now?

I thought the same thing, and then coupled with Keon's tweet. Then I thought white doesnt seem the type to go down without a fight. So then i was back to who the heck knows. I'm usually disappointed when it comes to cuse recruiting, I've been saying for ten years we're due.

White does seem like the kinda guy to not go down without a fight, so I'm not reading into his tweets so much. I don't see why Flood would be shocked though.

Still think McD will do well with the wishy-washy types of recruits. And keep them committed. We'll see, I guess.

247sports is making me super upset and depressed. All their recruiting experts are giving a lot of credit to buttgers in all these recruiting battles. It further perpetuates this myth that they are a national player. I'm gonna be really bummed if we lose this kid to buttgers

247sports is making me super upset and depressed. All their recruiting experts are giving a lot of credit to buttgers in all these recruiting battles. It further perpetuates this myth that they are a national player. I'm gonna be really bummed if we lose this kid to buttgers
Well if they are winning battles for big time prospects they should be getting credit. And if they keep winning majors recruiting battles, they will likely become a national player.

Will be very curious to see what Hallmons initial decision will be on Monday.

Well if they are winning battles for big time prospects they should be getting credit. And if they keep winning majors recruiting battles, they will likely become a national player.

Will be very curious to see what Hallmons initial decision will be on Monday.

They will never become a national player.

C'mon.

They are going to get smoked in the B1G. Inevitable.

I said it earlier in thread

Something stinks in Piscataway ... in state kids, ok ... but I think there are payoffs to handlers and other behind the scene BS going on

He was RU bound a month ago

so if the coach was genuinely shocked that should be a sign that things changed

I feel ok ... right now

They will never become a national player.

C'mon.

They are going to get smoked in the B1G. Inevitable.

Oh I don't think they will either, but the logic follows. To win, you need big time players, If you are winning major recruiting battles and acquire top notch talent, you will likely go on to win lots of games, helping inch you towards becoming a national power.

Once they go 2-6 in conference this year I'll be curious to seem how many of their kids stay vs. flip to other schools.

I said it earlier in thread

Something stinks in Piscataway ... in state kids, ok ... but I think there are payoffs to handlers and other behind the scene BS going on

He was RU bound a month ago

so if the coach was genuinely shocked that should be a sign that things changed

I feel ok ... right now

As far as "being shocked" could be Hallmon exaggerating, could be the coach was merely shocked that he heard today and not with the rest of the world via twitter on 8/26 and it could also mean he really was shocked and this was a decision that came from left field (like say if it was him telling Miami he's walking on there) could be any number of things

Status
Not open for further replies.