DB Jeremiah Wilson in the portal AND BACK AT SU | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

DB Jeremiah Wilson in the portal AND BACK AT SU

How about both of them ? Isn’t that the reality? Do we have an either/or situation here I didn’t know about?:)
Don’t shite on kids leaving when coaches do it, was the point

Yup people have to realize its musical chairs now. Your favorite player might transfer just because he can. It gives both parties a chance to put themselves in a better situation.
It’s kinda ruining the whole thing for me. I used to enjoy the consistency and watching players mature and get better every year. I liked this Wilson kid. He was a hustler. Always active. Figured he was the next great one for us.

Roster management has to be eating up much more of the HC's time than it used to. Does that mean less time spent on game prep and player development? There's only 24 hours in a day, after all.

Roster management has to be eating up much more of the HC's time than it used to. Does that mean less time spent on game prep and player development? There's only 24 hours in a day, after all.

True, a GM/Coach like position.

Everyone seriously needs to relax about each player in the transfer portal. It's a new era, and it's going to be nuts for a little while longer. Maybe forever. (maybe it calms down if there's more supply than demand, who knows).

There's just no point in analyzing each kid transferring, or acting like your feelings are hurt. Waste of time and energy.

In addition, when these kids leave Syracuse I could care less where they go or what they do afterwards. All I know is they aren't at Syracuse anymore. I wish them the best in future endeavors and hope they find what they are looking for but there are simply too many that leave now to continue to follow them. Not like when there was 1 or 2 that you could keep an eye on. Simply could care less but to each his own. I am a Syracuse fan.

In addition, when these kids leave Syracuse I could care less where they go or what they do afterwards. All I know is they aren't at Syracuse anymore. I wish them the best in future endeavors and hope they find what they are looking for but there are simply too many that leave now to continue to follow them. Not like when there was 1 or 2 that you could keep an eye on. Simply could care less but to each his own. I am a Syracuse fan.
Totally agree and I am with you all the way.

The program should create a general manager role (I think other schools have it). They can help manage a lot of this stuff potentially in conjunction with the HC.

The program should create a general manager role (I think other schools have it). They can help manage a lot of this stuff potentially in conjunction with the HC.
They do have a player personnel job and a director of football operations

They have three or four portal people

My guess is they have identified the positions and profile they are looking for. And they have their assessments from his school recruiting and game scouting

They do have a player personnel job and a director of football operations

They have three or four portal people

My guess is they have identified the positions and profile they are looking for. And they have their assessments from his school recruiting and game scouting

Yes.

Roy Wittke, Director if player personnel. Wittke is in charge of roster management and acts as the primary liaison between the program and University personnel, including the Student-Athlete Academic Development staff.

Brad Wittke, Associate AD, Director of football operations. Wittke is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Orange program, including budget management, capital projects, travel, meals and the team calendar. He has a role in most non-coaching decisions.

Yes.

Roy Wittke, Director if player personnel. Wittke is in charge of roster management and acts as the primary liaison between the program and University personnel, including the Student-Athlete Academic Development staff.

Brad Wittke, Associate AD, Director of football operations. Wittke is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Orange program, including budget management, capital projects, travel, meals and the team calendar. He has a role in most non-coaching decisions.
Good point. I can confirm Brad has been involved with Portal kids

And he’s back!!!!
jim carrey harry GIF

wow. Folks may want to retract any criticisms! I wonder how much Duce's decision impacted his? Or someone stepped up in the money game.

But, but I thought he had a bunch of money thrown at him?! Inside sources even said so!

Now Duce leaves, and he’s back. Good golly gee wilikers maybe it was about not wanting to grind after all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom