Class of 2025 - DB Marcus Upton (NJ) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (3/23/24) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 DB Marcus Upton (NJ) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (3/23/24)

I think this is more of the stage of us building the foundation of the 25 class. The studs will come. These are players we would’ve been over the moon for with Dino. Now, we quickly are getting stingy and wanting to only see the 4 stars next to their names. Gotta trust Fran and DBs he likes. He has recruited the best of the best, he surely knows talent when he sees it. Also, watch these guys ratings through senior year. They all seem to be guys with solid, solid offers. Let’s give Fran time with 2025 class. There’s still big fish that we’re gonna fry. It’ll all come together.
Also as someone said on here, we cant afford having every guy wanting big money. Some of these guys are Northern guys who need to sit 1-3 years before they make a big splash. We need these guys to offset the 4 and 5 star guys we are gonna get who aint cheap. If Coach can mold some of these guys into Pros then we can save some money as they may be inclined to stay with us knowing we got them where they needed to be like OG did.

Also as someone said on here, we cant afford having every guy wanting big money. Some of these guys are Northern guys who need to sit 1-3 years before they make a big splash. We need these guys to offset the 4 and 5 star guys we are gonna get who aint cheap. If Coach can mold some of these guys into Pros then we can save some money as they may be inclined to stay with us knowing we got them where they needed to be like OG did.
Exactly. If every 4 star recruit received $150,000 / year @ 85 roster spots , SU would need boosters to covers 12.8 million annually just for the football team.

I suspect our strategy is to recruit under the radar/development out of highschool and use Nil to attract high end transfers / positions of need.

Fran Brown and staff may be the best recruiters assembled in the country but if people think we are going to have a roster of nothing but 4 stars and up are delusional

Exactly. If every 4 star recruit received $150,000 / year @ 85 roster spots , SU would need boosters to covers 12.8 million annually just for the football team.

I suspect our strategy is to recruit under the radar/development out of highschool and use Nil to attract high end transfers / positions of need.

Fran Brown and staff may be the best recruiters assembled in the country but if people think we are going to have a roster of nothing but 4 stars and up are delusional
That's all?! Who do I make that check out to?

Last edited:

And that makes a ton of sense. develop the talent out of HS and use NIL/ collective money to retain guys as well as be strategic with spending on a few bigger more highly rated names out of the portal and a few bigger HS recruits. It seems to be the best path to success at Syracuse and sustainable. If the program has success the money will probably continue to grow as well.

Have to spend responsibly and stick to the plan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom