Class of 2024 - DB/WR Willy Love (NJ) Verbal to Monmouth | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 DB/WR Willy Love (NJ) Verbal to Monmouth

If I've said it once I'll say it a thousand times. Khalil Ahmad can be pointed to as the individual within the staff who ignited the renewed focus in [South] Jersey recruiting. Although he went to the Dark Side in Central PA, I give him credit for the reinvigoration of our traditional recruiting hotbeds.
And HCDB was smart to hurry up and grab Coach Nunzi from Rutgirls with all his family connections. Thats one reason too we are doing so well in N.J.

The kid is going to end up at Cuse

Strong indication he was committing to Rutgers tomorrow if he announced

This puts us back in the race
RU got a few verbals at his position during the past couple of weeks so he probably is not a take
He did want to commit there this past week
He is a very good player and would help Syracuse or any school that would take him now
He has lost a bit of market value by waiting so long

RU got a few verbals at his position during the past couple of weeks so he probably is not a take
He is a very good player and would help Syracuse or any school that would take him now
There it is...he is no longer a take for the mighty Scarlet Knights...bahahahaha

Kid is an elite player. This is just nonsense.

Yes a 4 star almost rated 90 is a non take for Rutgers

LOL

"Not a take..."

"He wanted to commit to RU, but..."

"Lost market value..."

"But he's good enough for your team..."

You guys are collectively delusional. It's amazing the lengths you'll go to to rationalize away a loss on the recruiting trail.

By the way, your comments are the same cut-and-paste crap you say every time.

"Not a take" = the kid told RU to go kick rocks. He's done everything to avoid having to resort to commit to Rutgers. To most normal fanbases, that would indicate that THEY aren't the "take" for the player!

Why would Rutgers turn down 4 star talent in their own state at this point? They haven’t won more than 5 games in 8 years, you’d think they’d want to stockpile as much talent as they can get, no? This is such an awful spin everytime RU loses a recruiting battle lol. There are only a few schools who can turn down elite talent in their backyard in favor of other recruits, and I promise you, Rutgers isn’t one of those schools.

"Not a take..."

"He wanted to commit to RU, but..."

"Lost market value..."

"But he's good enough for your team..."

You guys are collectively delusional. It's amazing the lengths you'll go to to rationalize away a loss on the recruiting trail.

By the way, your comments are the same cut-and-paste crap you say every time.

"Not a take" = the kid told RU to go kick rocks. He's done everything to avoid having to resort to commit to Rutgers. To most normal fanbases, that would indicate that THEY aren't the "take" for the player!
In no way did I say the players RU took in the while he was still looking around, are better than Love
I thought RU made a mistake not prioritizing Duce as it happened and he proved to be good

Like many programs , judgments are often wrong

This could be the same situation, but I can tell you that RU did fill his position and Love set a commitment day thinking he was going to RU
One of your posters here mentioned the same, poster 384 by jheeyer
Love very well may have changed his mind or RU did not pursue enough due to the over recruit at his spot
No one can say with certainty

Anyway, I think he signs with Cuse and will excel

Last edited:
I took a quick look at the RU class and there is no question, he would be by far your best recruit.

Sorry things have gotten so grim. I think the kid of out Poly will be a good player.

I took a quick look at the RU class and there is no question, he would be by far your best recruit.

Sorry things have gotten so grim. I think the kid of out Poly will be a good player.
I also question the staff’s decisions at times

I am in no way defending the process

Actually this recruiting class is better than the last one from what I see and as you know, there is always hope that recruits develop into good players
Good luck in your upcoming season

I also question the staff’s decisions at times

I am in no way defending the process

Actually this recruiting class is better than the last one from what I see and as you know, there is always hope that recruits develop into good players
Good luck in your upcoming season
No room for Willy...yet RU is hoping for a safety to verbal to them this weekend...ok.

No room for Willy...yet RU is hoping for a safety to verbal to them this weekend...ok.
The safety is considered a prized recruit and one RU is strongly after
If they don’t get him it is a hurtful miss
It’s 50/50 right now
On the Rivals board it is easy to get a sense who the staff is gunning for, and who is not on the top of the board
I think your fans get that sense also

The safety is considered a prized recruit and one RU is strongly after
If they don’t get him it is a hurtful miss
It’s 50/50 right now
On the Rivals board it is easy to get a sense who the staff is gunning for, and who is not on the top of the board
I think your fans get that sense also
spin any way you like...no one here is buying what you are trying to sell...we see if every year and its a joke. And the results get proved out in real life...every single year. But hey...being a fan of RU I understand your need to spin.

In no way did I say the players RU took in the while he was still looking around, are better than Love
I thought RU made a mistake not prioritizing Duce as it happened and he proved to be good

Like many programs , judgments are often wrong

This could be the same situation, but I can tell you that RU did fill his position and Love set a commitment day thinking he was going to RU
One of your posters here mentioned the same, poster 384 by jheeyer
Love very well may have changed his mind or RU did not pursue enough due to the over recruit at his spot
No one can say with certainty

Anyway, I think he signs with Cuse and will excel

I didn’t say why he didn’t commit tho

I believe Rutgers told him he had to commit or they were pulling his schollie because they wanted his commit that bad

However, he wasn’t comfortable committing yet

It’s clear that Love won’t make his decision truly until signing day.

If PSU is leaving a spot open for him and I am sure that they are, Syracuse and Rutgers SURELY would have a spot open for him if they needed

Pure speculation

The one good thing about the portal for fans - one could argue the only good thing - is it eliminates the need for sour grapes when your team loses out on a recruit. All you need to say is, “He will portal to us once he realizes he made a mistake.” End of discussion. No need for “Not a take.” Or “He’s overrated.”

giphy.gif

I didn’t say why he didn’t commit tho

I believe Rutgers told him he had to commit or they were pulling his schollie because they wanted his commit that bad

However, he wasn’t comfortable committing yet

It’s clear that Love won’t make his decision truly until signing day.

If PSU is leaving a spot open for him and I am sure that they are, Syracuse and Rutgers SURELY would have a spot open for him if they needed

Pure speculation
I suspect that Schiano was annoyed that he would not commit a month ago and then Greg took an attitude
As I mentioned, he then got a couple of out of state verbals at the same position

Every year there seems to be an instate player where this happens
Again, I don’t defend it
I think he winds up with Cuse

The one good thing about the portal for fans - one could argue the only good thing - is it eliminates the need for sour grapes when your team loses out on a recruit. All you need to say is, “He will portal to us once he realizes he made a mistake.” End of discussion. No need for “Not a take.” Or “He’s overrated.”
Yep. It's not like gone is 'gone forever'.

spin any way you like...no one here is buying what you are trying to sell...we see if every year and its a joke. And the results get proved out in real life...every single year. But hey...being a fan of RU I understand your need to spin.
Overall, I ask you to compare the recruiting results over the last 4 years, say 2021 through this class of 2024 as based on
rivals evaluation
Compare the overall results between the programs
Cuse had done fairly well, no disrespect
and gotten some real good players
RU has also.
It is important for result to be on the field
More than stars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95