Dean Francis new podcast out there... | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Dean Francis new podcast out there...

It's already public once it hits the internet, regardless of a $1 a month "subscription". The people that pay are not bound to some confidentiality agreement

No, the people who pay are not bound. And Francis isn’t bound to continue making pods.

You don’t post pay content publicly. You just don’t.

Copy and past an ESPN insider article here and see what happens.

No, the people who pay are not bound. And Francis isn’t bound to continue making pods.

You don’t post pay content publicly. You just don’t.

Copy and past an ESPN insider article here and see what happens.

:rolling: I see insider ESPN articles posted all the time. Especially Keith Law baseball insider articles on Top 100, draft and trades

Bake him a cake, maybe he will come back
What about the payments I make monthly to patronage. Can we contact patronage, who ever they are, and resolve this through them. Sounding like a scam if he just stops doing updates and people are paying him monthly. Not good...

What about the payments I make monthly to patronage. Can we contact patronage, who ever they are, and resolve this through them. Sounding like a scam if he just stops doing updates and people are paying him monthly. Not good...

Wasn't the payment $1 a month?

Go to the page and cancel. It's easy to figure out. I did imidiately after listening. He said he would shut it down at the end of the month. That might end the recurring payment in itself but I figured better safe than sorry.

I think he stopped doing the pod moreso because of the negativity of people here. He was always worried about what people here were saying and I have to believe he still checks in. I don't really buy it's because his info was leaking. He released information smartly and I haven't seen much here that came from him first. The Quade thread started from Jarhead's Lexington connection. Wish he worried more about catering to his fans than about the people that put him down because they were too cheap to spend a dollar or too lazy to listen or just hated seeing other people enjoy something.

Nice effort but when someone is determined to hot take, it's hard to stop.

I mean, it wasn’t THAT long ago that there was a paywall associated with certain content here. It still is that way with just about every other fan site on the internet. There’s no way in hell someone could take something they heard on Manley Zoo or whatever, post it in the free board, and think that’s acceptable. We are pretty lucky that some posters are willing to share info for free that on any other board would require a subscription.

A dollar a month is not a steep price to keep info to yourself.

I'm very conscientious about people's intellectual property or creative property, but you can't stop others from commenting or discussing ideas on a paid podcast.

Is it okay to discuss what happened on the latest game of thrones with the reddit fan page?

Is it okay to discuss what happened on howard stern with friends?

These are both paid services just like recruiting services.

When you start to cross the line is when you post these things as your own ideas or publish the actual show without consent or compensation to the owner.

It's a tough business because someone could easily say, "oh I heard this from my source too".

I've not been to his website in a while (maybe he already does this), but he should start his own message board for discussions of his podcast if he doesn't want people to talk about it over here.

It's okay to advertise his podcast here, but we can't discuss? Seems like there is a disconnect.

So was I in the wrong for writing what I did in the quade thread? I didn't think I was dishing out info that wasn't already leaked and was just trying to give some props his way without giving out much...I honestly didn't intend for it to be that if I did...

I'm very conscientious about people's intellectual property or creative property, but you can't stop others from commenting or discussing ideas on a paid podcast.

Is it okay to discuss what happened on the latest game of thrones with the reddit fan page?

When you start to cross the line is when you post these things as your own ideas or publish the actual show without consent or compensation to the owner.

It's a tough business because someone could easily say, "oh I heard this from my source too".

I've not been to his website in a while (maybe he already does this), but he should start his own message board for discussions of his podcast if he doesn't want people to talk about it over here.

It's okay to advertise his podcast here, but we can't discuss? Seems like there is a disconnect.

Like I said before, when we had a pay side, info from there was not to be shared either the free side.

Francis’ pods are the “pay side.”

It's a paid service. Try posting some from Rovals or Sc*ut that is premium and see what the Mod's to do it plus you will tick the main guy, Tom Emery, off as well. Oh and like Tom has said before he gets butt chewed out by them if it does happen.

Also try copying and pasting a chat session from a football or b-ball session on the board and see what happens :).

Like I said before, when we had a pay side, info from there was not to be shared either the free side.

Francis’ pods are the “pay side.”
It's not about legal vs. illegal. Its about common courtesy. If I recall correctly, Francis a few pods ago said something relating to not posting details about his pods on the message board. I was genuinely disappointed to hear he will be stopping the pods, I enjoy listening to them, but I understand and respect his perspective.

So was I in the wrong for writing what I did in the quade thread? I didn't think I was dishing out info that wasn't already leaked and was just trying to give some props his way without giving out much...I honestly didn't intend for it to be that if I did...
I can't recall your post but it's best NOT to discuss anything from a paid service or the source it came from.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom