Dear TGD - Things I would like to see happen now | Syracusefan.com

Dear TGD - Things I would like to see happen now

MCuse44

Walk On
Now that its sunk in. Here some things I would like to see.

Football:
1) I never was 100% on board with your billboards and taxi cabs, but props. Lets keep the NYC things going. ACC bowl game in NYC and throw in Boston (foxboro) this time too. I dont want to hear anything about a bowl in Boise Idaho and I bet BC and Pitt will agree.
2) Schedule Uconn OOC - the rivalry is getting good across the board. I want at least one game with PP at the DOME too.
3) INVEST, INVEST, INVEST - if things pause and UCONN and RUT are left to wallow. TGD better drive the nail in the coffin now. theres a reason PP at Uconn is coming out and saying they need to be with Cuse in ACC. PP knows it well.

Basketball:
1) clearly acc champ game rotating between NYC, DC, ATL and NC. if not MSG 100% of the time. and if not MSG, then the new Brooklyn Nets Arena 100%.
2) OOC games with st johns, villanova, and GT. with a 1,1,1 rotation per year. 1 in the dome, 1 in MSG, and 1 away. they would be home games anyways but i still think it would be good for the people out of town. lots of alumni and cny relocators.
3) if #2 does not pan out how about an annual preseason tournament in MSG. with BC, Pitt, Cuse, uconn, gt, vill, st. johns, providence.

Update the dome!
Remove the aluminum benches for individual orange chairs with seatbacks and cupholders.
Update the bathrooms
Update the videoboards

Update the dome!
Remove the aluminum benches for individual orange chairs with seatbacks and cupholders.
Update the bathrooms
Update the videoboards

No, no and no.. Multiple reasons..

1) Removing the aluminum benches will reduce capacity. If this train really gets rolling, the reduced capacity just handcuffs us further.
2) Updating the current, out of date dome is a terrible idea. The structure would take significant upgrades to truly update and would be quite expensive..
3) While the momentum is in his court, TGD really has to try to strike while the iron is hot and start the drive to obtain funding for a new facility. Now is probably as good a time as ever (unless we can really make a BCS in the next 2-3 years, but I'm not sure that is reasonable)!

You're right...TGD should start fundraising for a new stadium now. And in 20 years, when he finally raises the necessary 300 million, they’ll be able to break ground. Until then, our current stadium needs updating.

Totally agree the bleachers need to go... Orange seats even if it reduces capacity... We never fill it anyways we can do with about 2 to 3k less capacity... Silver bleachers look terrible on TV and live... Louisville had no-one at their last game but because the seats are red it looks like the place is full...

You're right...TGD should start fundraising for a new stadium now. And in 20 years, when he finally raises the necessary 300 million, they’ll be able to break ground. Until then, our current stadium needs updating.

It won't be 20 years IMO. You don't know how close we were to a stadium on south campus just a couple years ago. I'm still putting my money on that happening in the future. But I don't think it will be 20 years. Lets say 5 years.

I'll bet the farm we don't have a new stadium in 5 years. The dome is fine. Get orange seats and better replay boards/scoreboards. The main problem is parking and tailgating. Unfortunately I don't know if they can fix the parking problem.

I'll bet the farm we don't have a new stadium in 5 years. The dome is fine. Get orange seats and better replay boards/scoreboards. The main problem is parking and tailgating. Unfortunately I don't know if they can fix the parking problem.

I think Bees is saying breaking ground in about 5 years, not having a new stadium in 5 years.

The Pistons have kept the Palace as one of the best arenas in basketball by making upgrades. No reason an an expansion can't be added to the side facing the Geology Building like the Palace.

274875000-22093542.jpg

And this was added to the other side.

wt500_da0709_Palace_06.jpg

Now that its sunk in. Here some things I would like to see.

Basketball:
1) clearly acc champ game rotating between NYC, DC, ATL and NC. if not MSG 100% of the time. and if not MSG, then the new Brooklyn Nets Arena 100%.

I believe that this, no matter what Swofford says, will turn into a major turf war. First of all the ACC HQ is located in Greensboro. Greensboro has invested millions in updating the Coliseum, with further expansion intended and this tournament is a major money maker for the coliseum and the city. Greensboro just built a multi million dollar aquatic cener, right next door to the Coliseum, for ACC swim competition. And don't forget, we just joined the ACC, not the other way around. Who do you think will have more say in where the tournament will be played?

Im sure it will ruffle the feathers, but this move by the ACC is so they are East Coast up and down. It stink for Cuse to leave BE and its going to stink for old guard ACC to be more northern. However, if your an east coast confernce and your not center stage in NYC...good lord.

For once lets hope money prevails on this one.

Totally agree the bleachers need to go... Orange seats even if it reduces capacity... We never fill it anyways we can do with about 2 to 3k less capacity... Silver bleachers look terrible on TV and live... Louisville had no-one at their last game but because the seats are red it looks like the place is full...

You want 2-3k less capacity during basketball season?

It won't be 20 years IMO. You don't know how close we were to a stadium on south campus just a couple years ago. I'm still putting my money on that happening in the future. But I don't think it will be 20 years. Lets say 5 years.

I would do a backflip if this ^^^^^^ happens.

1. New football training facility and player lounge.

2. Full sized indoor practice field.

3. See what Desko needs.

4. See what the other sports need.

No, no and no.. Multiple reasons..

1) Removing the aluminum benches will reduce capacity. If this train really gets rolling, the reduced capacity just handcuffs us further.
2) Updating the current, out of date dome is a terrible idea. The structure would take significant upgrades to truly update and would be quite expensive..
3) While the momentum is in his court, TGD really has to try to strike while the iron is hot and start the drive to obtain funding for a new facility. Now is probably as good a time as ever (unless we can really make a BCS in the next 2-3 years, but I'm not sure that is reasonable)!

They might be able to upgrade the pull out bleachers with a slightly curved design that would compensate for the reduction in capacity for thousand seats.

I'm really in favor of marketing the crap out of the NYC area. Build the image and people will follow!

Ok, maybe 7? I don't know if it will happen or when it will happen. Just have a sneaking suspicion that we will see a south campus stadium eventually. Look around the Dome. They are tearing things up and building new dorms and academic buildings all the time. Tear the Dome down or turn it into a wind tunnel for the science department. :) An open air stadium with a retractable roof on south campus is the ticket. I think we see it. Still on campus, just not on the quad, more and better parking, closer to the player apartments, closer to manley and the football wing, etc.

Problem with building a new football stadium is that you need to build a new basketball stadium at the same time as well. Always liked the idea of a purpose built on campus 35K basketball arena to replace the dome...

How about painting the Dome interior concrete under the upper sections orange. It would look fuller and brighten it up.

Update the dome!
Update the bathrooms
Update the videoboards

Invest in the product, not the packaging. Going on an facilities spending spree for the benefit of the fans and game experience is a waste of money until the product on the field drives attendance up.

A football facility in line with the Melo center is first on the list. The facilities necessary health and recovery of the players from injury is a huge issue right now.

Upgrade for other sports is next.

Once that stuff is squared away, then worry about the dome.

Invest in the product, not the packaging. Going on an facilities spending spree for the benefit of the fans and game experience is a waste of money until the product on the field drives attendance up.

A football facility in line with the Melo center is first on the list. The facilities necessary health and recovery of the players from injury is a huge issue right now.

Upgrade for other sports is next.

Once that stuff is squared away, then worry about the dome.

Amen.

Yeah, I agree. That makes sense. Players first, fans next.

relevance + facilities = more fans = recruiting upgrades = more wins = more money

First thing HAS to be a new Melo Center, but for the football team. We need recruits.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom