Class of 2014 - Deion Hallmon | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Deion Hallmon

Very strange, hopefully we keep on him. Never know what will happen

I don't believe so? There is somethig really weird going on here. I believe he was supposed to take a Wisxonsin visit a month or 2 back, but didn't have the qualifying academic score yet. Could that still be the case? At this point who knows with this kid.
Maybe Deion should spend more time hitting the books and far less time using social media to promote himself. Without the grades...he's going nowhere fast.

As bizarre as the recruitment of this kid is, I still hope SU lands him. He's a talent and could probably learn a lot from the leaders already committed to SU.

Without the grades...he's going nowhere fast.

Saban_Heisman2009a1Rcb.jpg

To be honest. I like Dowels better. He has the better ball skills. Out of the ones that we seem to be recruiting hard. I like Hudson, Johnson, Dowels and possibly Cordy as a plan b

it is pretty interesting that we still have visited him. seems we hit all our high priority recruits by now

it is pretty interesting that we still have visited him. seems we hit all our high priority recruits by now

We have no problem going after high talent guys that may have trouble qualifying - it could very well be a case of that. Maybe we see him commit and get placed at Milford.

time to clear all this up,hallmon has no problem with academics,hallmon scored a 21 on act and last quarter finished with a 3.4gpa and have all A^s and B^s.whatever you heard about wisconsin is wrong.he couldnt visit anymore because they got someone else to commit.hallmon is pretty much one of the best dbs out running a 4.38 and 5"11.if we dont land thi skid that would be crazy but i wish the best for this kid.btw in a article before i saw that he said he put academics first and major in buisness.SUballhalllmon is qualified!!!!!lol

Kids tape is great - would love to have him. It's just a lot of speculation about what is happening. It's been pretty quiet.

time to clear all this up,hallmon has no problem with academics,hallmon scored a 21 on act and last quarter finished with a 3.4gpa and have all A^s and B^s.whatever you heard about wisconsin is wrong.he couldnt visit anymore because they got someone else to commit.hallmon is pretty much one of the best dbs out running a 4.38 and 5"11.if we dont land thi skid that would be crazy but i wish the best for this kid.btw in a article before i saw that he said he put academics first and major in buisness.SUballhalllmon is qualified!!!!!lol
Do you know if he has serious interest in SU?

Thanks for the insight. I will take posts like this all day over a bunch of recruiting dweebs hypothesizing and guessing about the academic status, behaviors, and thought process of a 17-year-old kid, being fawned after by power adults. Let the kid have his journey. He can ball. Hopefully he ends up at Cuse, has a great 4/5 years, and is an academic/athletic/social success.

Good news! I'm happy to hear that he is qualified and had an academic goal. Good luck to him wherever he decides to go.

Who wouldn't want to play for HCSMFS. Call me crazy but I expect major surprises on signing day (Holley, Hallman, Sykes, Mister).

Playing in the attack style defense Syracuse has would be so much fun for a defensive player. You can see how much the players enjoy it.

Thanks for the insight. I will take posts like this all day over a bunch of recruiting dweebs hypothesizing and guessing about the academic status, behaviors, and thought process of a 17-year-old kid, being fawned after by power adults. Let the kid have his journey. He can ball. Hopefully he ends up at Cuse, has a great 4/5 years, and is an academic/athletic/social success.

Recruiting up until signing day is all speculation - if you don't like it, don't read this board. Insulting people that like to hypothesize about things tells more about you than it does about anything else.

Recruiting up until signing day is all speculation - if you don't like it, don't read this board. Insulting people that like to hypothesize about things tells more about you than it does about anything else.

I suppose it says, i choose to allow teenagers to lead their lives, rather than judge them based on the slightest inferences i can draw. I follow recruiting because it is the life blood of the program. I suppose that makes me a dweeb as well. So be it.

There are full grown men, with careers and families, that post utter nonsense, for seemingly no other reason than to castigate a young man that may choose to go somewhere other than Syracuse. I would never let a person get a free pass on that, whether i am having lunch with them somewhere, tailgating before a game, or reading a message board. And of course, you said nothing of my comment that a person posted real factual information here (which of course drew snide remarks).

I cant help but also note the hypocrisy of you taking offense to my post, but seemingly having no issue with the numerous posts in this, and other threads, chastising young men who dont owe anyone here anything.

Great news to hear on Deion's Grades. If this is the case with As and Bs all over the report card hopefully he's the type of recruit that sees the value in a great Syracuse University education. Who knows maybe the De-commit from Jersey State was more about them lying to him about their management school and the program as a whole than the drama many are rumoring. Whatever the case I hope he's in Orange next season, if I was a defensive player I know I'd want to play in this bone crushing Scott Schafer defense.

Even though it is 35 in Cuse today (warmer than TX)...it is always a toasty 72 in the Dome.

I suppose it says, i choose to allow teenagers to lead their lives, rather than judge them based on the slightest inferences i can draw. I follow recruiting because it is the life blood of the program. I suppose that makes me a dweeb as well. So be it.

There are full grown men, with careers and families, that post utter nonsense, for seemingly no other reason than to castigate a young man that may choose to go somewhere other than Syracuse. I would never let a person get a free pass on that, whether i am having lunch with them somewhere, tailgating before a game, or reading a message board. And of course, you said nothing of my comment that a person posted real factual information here (which of course drew snide remarks).

I cant help but also note the hypocrisy of you taking offense to my post, but seemingly having no issue with the numerous posts in this, and other threads, chastising young men who dont owe anyone here anything.

I'm still not sure what you are referring to in this thread? It wasn't speculation that he didn't visit Wisconsin in October because he had yet to take the proper tests. Could I have worded it better then saying he wasn't qualified? Sure, but it means the same thing, at the time he wasn't qualified. Based on that don't you think it would be fair to speculate why he hasn't taken any visits yet?

Either way Syracuse didn't visit him last week, and looks like we have moved on, so maybe we should just nuke this new thread as well?