Depth, or Complete Lack There Of... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Depth, or Complete Lack There Of...

Maybe I'm naive or too far removed, but I just don't see the "wearing down" factor as being a big impact. With media timeouts at every four minutes and two games a week I can see getting temporarily gassed, but long term physical exhaustion for athletes in peak condition? Just don't get it. And JB can mitigate somewhat by giving BJ, Chino and Buss some extra run with the 1's in practice resting his big 3 creating a win-win.

You know these guys play more continuously during pick up games or summer leagues than they do during nationally televised ACC tilts. I recall JB answering criticism that he would tire his stars out by playing them too many minutes and responding "I'd rather have 80% of John Wallace than 100% of anyone else on the floor."

It's not each individual game where this gets to be a big deal - it's the end of the season when there is nothing left in the tank or the nagging injuries exacerbated by too many minutes takes its toll.

I'm not a fan of having someone come in after sitting on the bench for over 40 minutes real time. I guess the coach isn't either. At that point you have to be stiff beyond belief.

That's a good point - particularly with players so young and inexperienced.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom