Diagne | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Diagne

Oh Im very aware, it just sucks from a fans perspective. And I know some were injuries and such, but it just seems like every year it is something new that gets in our way.

I hear ya man but like u said based on our history you knew this was the likely outcome. Just gotta pray we catch some breaks health wise.

I hear ya man but like u said based on our history you knew this was the likely outcome. Just gotta pray we catch some breaks health wise.

your right, I did expect this to be the outcome once it started to come out unfortunately, was just hoping after the sanctions we could wash our hands and start fresh lol. Leaves a lot of question marks for this years team, especially at Center. Woefully thin and a history of injuries.

CU44SE said:
Never the doom and gloom type of person, but when will it STOP!! This has been a never ending saga for the past 5 years, I'm tired of it, when will things start to bounce our way. I know this sounds whiney but for the last 5 years something has gone wrong every single year, did someone sell their soul to the devil? Un-freaking believable, END RANT.
I hear you. Been rough and too much drama the past few years. Can't believe how resilient these kids are. Still felt like they fought their butts off last season. I know Coon and G will come out fierce. I expect the same of DC2, Roberson and one or two of the younger guys. But make no mistake. 9 schollies is an uphill battle, regardless of how many JB plays. Can't have an injury. Can't have a depth issue. A good lot of them will have to grow up fast.

Article still doesn't say why he's going to a 2-year school. Yeah, sure, we've heard things. But there's still no official statement.

Article still doesn't say why he's going to a 2-year school. Yeah, sure, we've heard things. But there's still no official statement.
Same reason Marquise Blair went JUCO.

jekelish said:

I know that. You know that. But it still hasn't been reported.

For perspective here: we should all keep in mind that from a production standpoint, we're only losing probably about 4 points and 3 rebounds per game. The biggest loss here is 5 fouls and a blocked shot or two per game.

jekelish said:
I read an article on Blair where someone was saying SU was involved in the process to get final credits done over summer. Is that right?

Because that seems different than Diagne.

thing sucks

18s411is5ddyypng.png

For perspective here: we should all keep in mind that from a production standpoint, we're only losing probably about 4 points and 3 rebounds per game. The biggest loss here is 5 fouls and a blocked shot or two per game.

I disagree, jekelish. I was anticipating Diagne chipping in at the 4 & 5 and his average production in the neighborhood of 8 and 5. Plus, Diagne would've helped us in practice too.

jekelish said:

I think it's also a matter of security.

We're screwed if Coleman injures his knee again.

I disagree, jekelish. I was anticipating Diagne chipping in at the 4 & 5 and his average production in the neighborhood of 8 and 5. Plus, Diagne would've helped us in practice too.
I'm not saying he wouldn't have contributed. But I also think 8 and 5 would have been expecting too much. Rak averaged about 3 and 3 as a freshman, Rick Jackson averaged about 4 and 3, Arinze averaged 2 and 3...just saying, averaging 8 and 5 would have been an unusually high amount of production compared to what we usually get from our better big man prospects as freshmen.

I'm not saying he wouldn't have contributed. But I also think 8 and 5 would have been expecting too much. Rak averaged about 3 and 3 as a freshman, Rick Jackson averaged about 4 and 3, Arinze averaged 2 and 3...just saying, averaging 8 and 5 would have been an unusually high amount of production compared to what we usually get from our better big man prospects as freshmen.

That's true but IMO Diagne's versatility would've led to more floor time... and production.

jekelish said:

It's hard to say what would have happened. But with Coleman being a possible liability, either because of foul issues or injury concerns, I tend to think Diagne would have played more then we think. Diagne is much more of a center than Roberson may be in a backup role. Obokoh may have to log minutes now whether JB and the rest of us like it or not.

it isnt so much the loss of his potential production that it is the barren lack of other options

That's true but IMO Diagne's versatility would've led to more floor time... and production.

The quality and depth that we don't have at the center position would've gotten him solid minutes for a frosh big guy.

No knock on Coleman...if he's able to stay healthy he could be acceptable, maybe more than acceptable?

Shark58 said:
it isnt so much the loss of his potential production that it is the barren lack of other options

It's a huge loss this year, but also beyond.

Kid would have been a player and a fan favorite.

Well Roberson will have to cross train at the 5 and Lyndon could see big minutes at the 4. This opens up room for Richardson at the 3 as well if Lyndon has to play the 4 exclusively

Roberson won't see one minute at the 5. He's 6-7.5 and about 210 pounds. That won't work in our system.

And yes, I know that we don't have many [any?] other viable alternatives.

Forget the stats--he would have provided us with a legit backup at two positions that we now don't have. That was far more important than any stats he might have contributed.

This is a big loss--both in terms of depth for 15-16, and in terms of taking an immensely talented low post scorer out of the mix in future seasons. Diagne was a good player, maybe the best back to the basket scoring post prospect since Arinze.

Roberson won't see one minute at the 5. He's 6-7.5 and about 210 pounds. That won't work in our system.

And yes, I know that we don't have many [any?] other viable alternatives.

I disagree. Roberson played some at the 5 last year out of necessity and will this year because he's our best rebounder.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom