Diagne | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Diagne

There is a difference between having Diagne and Chinoso. Do you forget we had Rak last year?

We will be more Perimeter/Wing orientated this year.

Not a problem.

Defense is never the Issue.

Again wing/perimeter strength.

It wasn't an issue because we've had a capable 5 for as long as I can remember.

If you recall, DC didn't get time because his defense was so poor.

At least we'll have El Niño to get us through the winter. :noidea:
tumblr_n4j644hB3a1qcluu2o3_250.gif

We will be more Perimeter/Wing orientated this year.

Not a problem.
We need Obokoh or Dajuan to make some strides defensively. Center is the most key position defensively in our zone. I think we are fine though if both stay Healthy. And on the plus side Gbinije and Roberson both have some muscles and experience in the zone to help.

Kaleb sound like he is coming on strong he lead the east coast team in points, and Roberson has gotten stronger.
Agree there is plenty to be high about.
As long as God gives us the gift to have a team on the court this year we should be ok.

Isn't that the purpose of standardized tests? To balance out the questions about the quality of the HS curriculum with an objective standardized test score. If a HS admits a kid into a certain grade after transferring from overseas, it seems to me that the NCAA ought to really only look at whether the kid completed his US education successfully. That is, if he was classified as a sophomore when he arrived, start him as a soph and adjust the minimum number of credits, etc., proportionately. This doesn't have to be so hard or so arbitrary.

Agreed. Many colleges are chock full of international students. None of them are subjected to the same level of scrutiny as athletes in football / basketball to determine if their HS education back in their home countries meets some bogus, arbitrary standard about core curriculum. Think about that for a second.

It really is BS, if that is the reason. Especially since the kid has been in the US for three years.

Bottom line is our margin for error this season just moved to razor thin and or ceiling is lower.

I hate to see this with foreign kids. I mean to me if he was able to pass highschool in the US and pass his SAT or ACT then it doesn't make a lot of sense. I know there needs to be rules and if the High School classes in the US are in question or a test result then I can understand looking into that but honestly these kids are coming to America to have better opportunity and a better life of course their early highschool classes are unlikely to match up with those here.

Huge loss for this year, and beyond is an over reacting.

Setback for this season. Beyond just recruit another big man in 2016 in his place. Keita, Banks whoever. Not that hard.
Not that hard? Except for the part where we don't have any other scholarships for 2016 right now, you mean?

Good lord. Just stop.

OrangeXtreme said:

Should we add Diagne as a possible recruit in 2017?

Should we add Diagne as a possible recruit in 2017?

How does he compare to the other "bigs" we're looking at for 2017?

Can he get through JUCO with high enough grades for SU to accept his transfer, or will he become the Dom Timbers of the hoops side?

Not that hard? Except for the part where we don't have any other scholarships for 2016 right now, you mean?

Good lord. Just stop.

Everybody knows we r going to get scholarships back with the appeal.

In the meantime you can still recruit big man targets.

Before anyone asks - and obviously you're all going to ask - I'm 6-2 and rebounding was never my strong suit, so sadly I can't play center for the Orange this season.
Don't be too sure

Everybody knows we r going to get scholarships back with the appeal.

In the meantime you can still recruit big man targets.
Everyone knows that??

CuseHulk doesn't play the what if game, but will play the what if game assuming we get those scholarships back.

We can't replace Diagne in 2016 his scholarship will go Battle and now we are at 10 and his commitment has a scholarship to accept.

OrangeXtreme said:
How does he compare to the other "bigs" we're looking at for 2017? Can he get through JUCO with high enough grades for SU to accept his transfer, or will he become the Dom Timbers of the hoops side?
All good questions. Ha. I don't think grades will be an issue. I suppose he's a backup choice if we fail to land one of the top bigs, which is possible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom