Roberson
Gbinije
Cooney
Joseph
Lydon
Malachi
Chino

Howard?

We can be decent if we are healthy, but that's a big if. Wonder if Lydon starts so they are bigger at the start, and can use Joseph as an attacking guard off the bench.

Were we decent last year? We lost an All American who had one of the best seasons we've seen from a 5 in our history. It's not doom and gloom and I won't be upset if we're as bad as we were last year or worse, but 2016-2017 is our year.

dilligaf said:
Apparently I'm not the only one caught unaware.

You could search it. Or go to the football board where it was posted.

Lydon won't start.
No, he won't. But I think this solidifies him as the 6th man, since he can sub in at the 3 or the 4, and obviously we'll need all the rebounders we can get with so little depth at the 5.

well then you just lost some money

Gee I guessed I missed tonight's game where Chino played big minutes down the stretch.

Last edited:
Were we decent last year? We lost an All American who had one of the best seasons we've seen from a 5 in our history. It's not doom and gloom and I won't be upset if we're as bad as we were last year or worse, but 2016-2017 is our year.

Last year was not good at all by Syracuse standards. We had our second lowest winning percentage out of any year under Boeheim. I'm not saying we are going to win 25 games next year, but I would think the squad with two fifth year seniors regardless of past performance can somehow sneak out 20-22 wins. I agree any chance we have at being good rests on Coleman's health, but I'm open minded going into the season.
Everybody is looking to 16-17, but I still think we should add one more recruit even if we don't expect to get another scholarship back. As we see each year it's impossible to figure out who we actually will have on the roster by the time October rolls around.

jekelish said:
No, he won't. But I think this solidifies him as the 6th man, since he can sub in at the 3 or the 4, and obviously we'll need all the rebounders we can get with so little depth at the 5.

Yeah, rebounding is going to be an issue.

jekelish said:
Don't be surprised if G starts at PG and Lydon at the 3.

Jake can Lydon play the 4 effectively if Roberson needs a blow or has to play the 5 due to fouls or injury?

Jake said:

That would open another scholie for next year when Joseph transfers.

Jake can Lydon play the 4 effectively if Roberson needs a blow or has to play the 5 due to fouls or injury?
I'm not Jake, but yes. He's 6-9 and the most athletic player on the team, and rebounds much better than he gets credit for.

JeremyCuse said:

Lydon isn't much of a rebounder.

He gets pushed around inside and is still very thin.

Not true. Lydon is a aggressive, above average rebounder AND shot blocker.

He is thin [not disputing that].

Don't typecast him just because he's white and has a solid jump shot.

Strongly disagree about him not being a rebounder. He rebounds just fine. Yes, he's still thin, but he's better than you're giving him credit for. Again, he led the U18 team he played on in rebounding, and that team featured guys like Justise Winslow, Myles Turner, Stephen Zimmerman, Chase Jeter, Stanley Johnson, and Jaylen Brown.

So I guess this means we now have another schollie to offer for 16-17. Need another quality big. Odds of moose rejoining in 17 are what 2%?

So I guess this means we now have another schollie to offer for 16-17. Need another quality big. Odds of moose rejoining in 17 are what 2%?
Actually, we don't. We have 10 guys on scholarship right now, including Paschal Chukwu. We lose Gbinije and Cooney, and bring in Battle and Moyer. That puts us right back to 10.

RF2044 said:
Not true. Lydon is a aggressive, above average rebounder AND shot blocker. He is thin [not disputing that]. Don't typecast him just because he's white and has a solid jump shot.

Saw him play twice. I wasn't impressed with his rebounding.

Good shooter, passer, fundamentally sound. Highly unselfish. Surprises with his athletic ability.

No typecasting.

Saw him play twice. I wasn't impressed with his rebounding.

Good shooter, passer, fundamentally sound. Highly unselfish. Surprises with his athletic ability.

No typecasting.

Don't know what to say about that observation, because he's a strong rebounder. Jekelish is correct above.

this year will be bad, like 2002 james theus bad.
It could've been worse. G could've went pro. That would've been a slam dunk for worst JB roster. Ever.

RF2044 said:
Don't know what to say about that observation, because he's a strong rebounder. Jekelish is correct above.

Small sample size perhaps.

He does everything well, but I'm not counting on him to make a huge impact this year.

I think, in time, he'll be a good player.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom