Did Jalen and Brycen both receive waivers? | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Did Jalen and Brycen both receive waivers?

He can shoot and all he brings to the team. Now go back a look at players who played the same position
You mean like Jason Cipolla? Or Marius? Or Devo? What exactly did they bring to the table that Buddy doesn't. Oh, and we are looking at their careers after they are done. Buddy has played one game as a Jr.

Buddy Boeheim + Jason Hart, MCW, and any number of point guards = great success.

Joe Girard + Kueth Duany, Brandon Triche, and any number of shooting guards = great success.

The two of them together is a recipe for disaster defensively. And it won't get much better. That is the bottom line.

Yes? I’m looking.

BB is an A shooter, B ball handler and passer and c for everything else.

the guys he replaced were c’s pretty much across
The board
Got it BB is best we could do at the 2 spot. There is no competition

Buddy Boeheim + Jason Hart, MCW, and any number of point guards = great success.

Joe Girard + Kueth Duany, Brandon Triche, and any number of shooting guards = great success.

The two of them together is a recipe for disaster defensively. And it won't get much better. That is the bottom line.
How I feel as well.

I was mildly excited about the Kadary hype. The more he can play the more I’d like to see Joe and Buddy sharing minutes at the 2. I think getting Joe off the ball might even be better for him.

I don’t see it every really happening though, and like you said, it’s just such a bad defensive fit.

Goodine isnt getting many minutes at Providence. He still hasn't made a jump shot this year after abysmal shooting here. Tonight was 1/5 fga and 0/3 on three point shots. His only made shot was a layup again. Trust me I watched and waited all last year. It's hard to believe actually.
Goodine had 16 minutes a few steals and rebounds. He will get his confidence remember he was a top shooter coming out of HS. Not saying he was a good fit for us but think he will be a late bloomer like BJ and decent player.

You mean like Jason Cipolla? Or Marius? Or Devo? What exactly did they bring to the table that Buddy doesn't. Oh, and we are looking at their careers after they are done. Buddy has played one game as a Jr.
Agree with you on most of this, Dasher. But Devo is a bad comparison. Sure he wasn’t a great defender. But he was one of the best guards we’ve ever had attacking off the bounce in addition to being a good shooter. JB himself has said that he was the best player we’ve ever had who was able to finish with both his left and right hand when attacking the basket. He may have been better going left than right. I’ve been impressed with Buddy’s development, but he doesn’t have Devo’s ability yet.

Agree with you on most of this, Dasher. But Devo is a bad comparison. Sure he wasn’t a great defender. But he was one of the best guards we’ve ever had attacking off the bounce in addition to being a good shooter. JB himself has said that he was the best player we’ve ever had who was able to finish with both his left and right hand when attacking the basket. He may have been better going left than right. I’ve been impressed with Buddy’s development, but he doesn’t have Devo’s ability yet.
Devo also didn't care one bit about defense. Buddy at least tries. Think back, Devo is ruled out of the Memphis game down there. Our defense wins the game. Devo doesn't come back for his sr year. We have one of the best teams we have ever had. His defense had a lot to do with that. Devo was a terrific offensive player. Right now, we are comparing Devo after his playing 3 years, with a red shirt. Buddy has played two years and one game. It isn't apples to apples yet.

Last edited:
Devendorf could put the ball on the floor extremely well. Buddy cannot
True. But Buddy at least tried on defense. As I just pointed out in another thread, 2009, we travel to Memphis and we have to play without Devo because he was once again in trouble. We win down there with our defense. The following year, Devo does not come back for his sr year. We have one of the best teams we have ever had. Those are facts. And I like Devo. But we saw Devo over 4 years. We have seen Buddy after two years and 1 game. Let's see how this all shakes out.

True. But Buddy at least tried on defense. As I just pointed out in another thread, 2009, we travel to Memphis and we have to play without Devo because he was once again in trouble. We win down there with our defense. The following year, Devo does not come back for his sr year. We have one of the best teams we have ever had. Those are facts. And I like Devo. But we saw Devo over 4 years. We have seen Buddy after two years and 1 game. Let's see how this all shakes out.

I'm not trying to come at you but I don't think our success in 2010 had anything to do with Devendorf leaving. And I definitely don't think we only beat Memphis because Devendorf didn't play. I would trade Buddy for Devendorf in a heartbeat, 100%.

I'm not trying to come at you but I don't think our success in 2010 had anything to do with Devendorf leaving. And I definitely don't think we only beat Memphis because Devendorf didn't play. I would trade Buddy for Devendorf in a heartbeat, 100%.
Nothing is 100% but Devo not being there left the position open for Andy to play full time. Big upgrade. Andy was in another league on defense. He did actually make a NBA team. And the same goes for the Memphis game. The verdict is still out on Devo vs Buddy. We can talk after Buddy has had the same 4 years that Devo did. Devo had the 3 he played and the one he red shirted. I don't mind the discussion or the disagreement Wrinkle.

Yes? I’m looking.

BB is an A shooter, B ball handler and passer and c for everything else.

the guys he replaced were c’s pretty much across
The board

I personally think he is a D- as a defender, which is half of the game in reality.

If you weight the GPA, and strip it down to offense & defense, he's not getting above a 2.5 from me. Which isn't a great rating.

Goodine you never saw what he was defensively, but he showed aptitude. Carey was in a similar position.

Not saying they're better, but Buddy is really, really bad on defense.

Devo was a maestro at driving to the basket and finishing with either hand. His offensive skills were far superior to Buddy. They play similar defense.

Buddy will never be the threat off the dribble that Devo was. Doesn’t have the foot speed or the cojones quite honestly to attack like Eric. Nor does he have half the necessary handle.

Devo was a maestro at driving to the basket and finishing with either hand. His offensive skills were far superior to Buddy. They play similar defense.
Buddy tries on defense. He can get better. Devo wasn't interested in defense.

I personally think he is a D- as a defender, which is half of the game in reality.

If you weight the GPA, and strip it down to offense & defense, he's not getting above a 2.5 from me. Which isn't a great rating.

Goodine you never saw what he was defensively, but he showed aptitude. Carey was in a similar position.

Not saying they're better, but Buddy is really, really bad on defense.
neither player helps a team anywhere near what Buddy does. Not even in the same league.

There's no doubt he needs to get better defensively, but some of these takes are just not right. Offensively he clearly belongs on the court. We've had very few 2 guards as efficient as he was last year. Triche is the only player who had multiple seasons more efficient than Buddy was. And as beloved as Devo was around here, he had a lot of the same deficiencies. He averaged 2 rpg and that team in 2009 regularly gave up 90. People like swagger though. I get it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom